Polysleep Mattress Review
Our Polysleep mattress review focuses on this innovative all-foam mattress that comes from a Canadian mattress manufacturer and that is now available in the USA as well.
It features a breathable Ventilated foam in its top comfort layer instead of a traditional memory foam, and comes with the enhanced edge support and unique liquid repellent cover.
Use the link below to go to Polysleep site and get the following discounts:
The Polysleep mattress offers amazing comfort and support that can suit sleep needs and preferences of all types of sleepers and comes at more than a reasonable price.
Read more of our Polysleep mattress review to see what are our opinions and experiences sleeping on this mattress and find out why it may be an ideal pick for you! (Updated)
Construction / Materials
The Polysleep mattress is a 10″ thick all foam mattress made up of 3 layers of various foams + Proprietary Support Frame:
- Top Comfort Layer – This layer is made of Ventilated Hybrid foam that is antimicrobial and that serves as as the main comfort layer and keeps the mattress cool. It comforts to your body by identifying and relieving your pressure points and helps in temperature regulation and dissipates heat away from your body.
- Proprietary Support Frame – The mattress also features a built-in support frame that offers incredible support and keeps your mattress from flattening when you sit on the edge. This provides greater stability and durability to the mattress and creates a consistent feel across the entire sleeping surface.
- Transition layer – This layer is made of proprietary foam that serves as a transition layer between the top comfort layer and the base and provides even weight distribution, comfort, and support.
- Base layer – This layer is made of a high-density foam that serves as the foundation for the layers above and provides unparalleled reinforcement.
The cover of the Polysleep mattress is made of a special liquid repellent fabric that is incredibly soft and helps minimize any spills or accidents and thus eliminates the need for mattress protector.
The cover is also removable and machine washable, which means that you can remove it and wash it whenever it is necessary.The sides of the mattress are made of premium mesh that allows greater breathability and airflow through the mattress and aids in cooling.
Is the Polysleep Mattress Right for You?
Buy the Polysleep mattress if you like:
- Mattresses that sleep cool – The Polysleep mattress sleeps quite cool due to the Ventilated Hybrid foam used in its top comfort layer that helps regulate body temperature, a breathable cover, and special premium mesh on its sides.
- Sharing your bed – If you plan on sharing your bed with a partner, this mattress may be an ideal choice for you. It features enhanced edge support thanks to the reinforced foam perimeter which also increases the sleeping surface of this bed. The special materials of this mattress also isolate motion transfer and eliminate the possibility of sleep disruption from restless partners.
- Durable and protective mattress cover – This mattress comes with a unique liquid repellent mattress cover which allows you to quickly and easily clean up any spills.
- You are on a budget – If you are on a tight budget and you are looking for a high quality mattress that won’t cost you an entire fortune, then the Polysleep mattress may be the best option for you.
You might not like the Polysleep mattress if:
- You don’t like the classic memory foam feel – This mattress is made entirely of proprietary designed foam that offers that classic memory foam feel of hugging and contour without making you feel stuck in foam. If you don’t like this, then the Polysleep mattress may not be the best option for you.
Firmness & Support
The Polysleep is a universal comfort model which means that has been designed to match the needs and sleep preferences of all types of sleepers. We felt it to be a medium firm mattress falling around a 6 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest).
With many mattresses, since I am a heavier sleeper, I tend to press through the top comfort layers and feel more of the support layers which are often harder and not as comfortable.
This wasn’t the case with the Polysleep, as I didn’t immediately compress through the comfort layer and come to rest on base support layer.
As soon as you lay down on the mattress, you will feel how soft is the cover combined with the top comfort layer. The Hybrid foam used in the top comfort layer will allow you to sink into it to a certain degree for a perfect pressure relief.
It will cushion your hips and shoulders for a comfortable night’s sleep, but it won’t cause you to sink too much into it and feel enveloped by foam.
In addition, the slightly firmer transition layer below, combined with the firm base layer made of a high-density foam will provide you with excellent support necessary for a proper spinal alignment. They will lift your body weight and distribute it evenly across the bed.
We felt the Polysleep did a great job of providing support in all sleeping positions for both Kaye and myself sleeping as a couple.
As we are primarily side sleepers, we like beds that offer enough give in the top comfort layer to cradle our shoulders and hips, while also having the firmness if we switch to our stomach or back.
The Polysleep has it all. It has enough give in the top comfort layer to cushion our hips and shoulders and prevent the appearance of pressure points, and it gently transitions body weight to the firmer base layer that provides the support we need for back and stomach sleeping.
The Polysleep is a very comfortable mattress, with the Ventilated Hybrid foam, denser foams used in the transition and base layers and the soft and breathable yet liquid repellent cover providing a cool and comfortable night’s sleep in all sleeping positions.
The mattress seems to work perfectly for all sleepers. Its proprietary foams work well with each other to keep your spine properly aligned without being too firm. It really does a superb job at cradling the spine for both lighter and heavy weight sleepers.
It worked well for us and supported my heavy weight and our combined weights as a couple with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed.
It was soft enough to cushion my hips and shoulders and relieve pressure points, but it also prevented me from sinking too deep into the mattress and feeling stuck in foam.
The soft cover provided a very nice sleeping surface that, when combined with the Ventilated foam, did a great job at keeping us cool and comfortable throughout the whole night.
Also, read our latest on the Puffy Royal Hybrid mattress.
As we have already mentioned, the Polysleep mattress did a great job of not sleeping hot. It kept us cool and comfortable throughout the whole night due to the use of the Ventilated foam that is far more breathable than memory foam and that allows greater airflow through the mattress.
It regulates your body temperature, prevents the build-up of heat and works perfectly with a breathable cover to keep you cool and dry all night long.
The cover also wicks away moisture and eliminates that sticky, sweaty feeling that most all foam mattresses tend to cause.
Sinkage & Motion Transfer
The Polysleep mattress does an good job here as well. Although the softer top comfort layer compressed under my weight quite a bit, the slightly firmer transition layer below and the firm base layer did a great job of preventing me from sinking even further down into the mattress and reaching the foundation of our bed like it was the case with some lower quality 10″ all foam mattresses.
Edge support is also great with this mattress. Thanks to the Proprietary Support Frame wrapped around the layers of this mattress, I did not compress the edges too much at all when sitting or lying near them.
The frame really does an amazing job of enhancing edge support and providing greater overall stability to this mattress, and it totally eliminated any “rolling off” the edges sensation.
As for motion transfer, there is almost no motion transfer with the Polysleep mattress. The special foams used in the construction of this mattress isolate motion transfer between the partners, so you don’t have to fear that your restless sleeping will disturb the sleep of your partner or vice versa.
We didn’t feel any shaking of the mattress when changing positions during the night or getting in and out of bed.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Polysleep mattress had average amounts of off-gassing when we unboxed it, but it was nothing too serious and it dissipated as the mattress fully expanded.
Polysleep provides pretty standard customer service offerings like many other bed-in-a box online mattress companies. This includes the following:
- 100 Night Sleep Trial
- 10 Year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- Free Returns
The Polysleep mattress is more than reasonably priced, coming in at only $850 for a Queen, which is a great value for a mattress of such quality and construction and all the benefits that it offers.
The Polysleep is an innovative and unique mattress on the market featuring several innovations, including the liquid repellent mattress cover, the Ventilated Hybrid foam, and the special Proprietary Support Frame.
It works well for all sleeping styles and all types of sleepers and provides an ideal balance of pressure relieving comfort and support necessary for a restful and pain-free night’s sleep.
The Ventilated Hybrid foam and the soft and breathable cover work together to keep you cool, dry and comfortable all night long, while the special Proprietary Support Frame enhances edge support and increases the overall stability and durability of this mattress.
In addition, the cover is liquid repellent which allows you to easily clean up any spill. It is also machine washable, so you can take it off and wash it whenever it is necessary.
All in all, this is an excellent mattress, that comes with many great features, and you can get it at more than a reasonable price.
Construction / Materials9.2/10
Firmness & Support9.1/10
Sinkage & Motion Transfer9.2/10
Smell / Off-Gassing9.1/10
- Sleeps cool
- Great price / value
- Liquid repellent cover
- Some sinkage for heavier sleepers