DreamCloud Premier vs. WinkBeds
The term hybrid can be heard everywhere these days. It is widely used in different industries from car and agriculture to the mattress industry, etc.
When used for mattresses, the term usually means the product combines innersprings with memory foam or latex materials to provide the best of both worlds. Therefore, hybrid mattresses are thought to offer the most sensational sleep experience and they emerged to be among the most preferred beds.
Today we’ll be comparing two luxury hybrid beds the DreamCloud Premier and WinkBeds, so if you are looking for a quality hybrid bed, this review may help you choose the right one for your needs. Last updated
Construction and Materials
The new DreamCloud Premier is a 14″ hybrid pocketed coil and foam mattress made up of 6 layers.
- Eurotop Cradle Layer– This layer is 1″ of premium, high loft memory foam that is quilted into the cover to cradle your body and provide you with the feel of sleeping on a cloud-like topper. It is also highly breathable and will keep the sleeping surface cool and pleasant to the touch.
- Eurotop Support Layer – This layer is 1″ of soft foam designed to support the layers above and complete your extra plush Euro Top.
- Pressure-Relief Comfort Layer – This layer is 2.5″ of gentle, contouring memory foam that provides amazing support and pressure relief to those areas of your body where it is needed the most.
- Targeted-Support Coil Layer – This layer is made of 8.5″ individually wrapped coils that promote airflow, reduce motion transfer, and flex to help support your curves and contours. They also provide excellent edge support and more sleep surface.
- Low Motion Transfer Support Layer – This layer is 1″ of carefully placed additional support foam that works with the pocketed coil layer to re-distribute unwanted vibrations from the coil system, reduce motion transfer and serve as the foundation for the layers above. It also increases the overall durability and stability of the mattress.
The cover of the new DreamCloud Premier mattress is made of ultra-soft Mongolian cashmere. It is natural, extremely breathable, and lightweight and will wick away any excess moisture and keep you cool and dry all night long.
Firmness and Support
The DreamCloud Premier hybrid mattress only comes in one firmness option which scores 6 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest.
The multiple layers of which it is comprised make it suitable for sleepers of different weights. Heavier sleepers will not press through the top comfort layers and feel the support layers beneath; they will feel the soft plush top comfort layers while at the same time their bodies will be supported by the pocketed coil layers.
This mattress also provides enough give in the top comfort layer to cradle your body when sleeping on your side, and it has the firmness needed to support your back and stomach. The top memory foam and latex comfort layers provide excellent body contour and give you a feeling of hug specific to memory foam.
As for comfort, the DreamCloud Premier is the most comfortable hybrid mattress that we have tested to date. The mattress is 15 inches thick with 5 different layers incorporated within it, out of which the gel-infused foam layer prevents heat retention and helps in cooling your body, while the top comfort foam layers with the soft cover provide good body contour and an overall feeling of luxury and comfort.
The hybrid construction of this mattress provides the expected degree of bounce to the mattress. The DreamCloud Premier provides a lot of comforts while offering enough support to the body where it is needed most, which makes this mattress perfect for all sleeping positions.
The DreamCloud Premier does a good job in reducing heat and keeping you cool due to the gel-infused foam layer and the innerspring layer innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention.
The use of the gel foam layer and the cashmere top cover combined with the hybrid coil construction all do a great job of ensuring the mattress sleeps cooler than most mattresses we have reviewed.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
This hybrid mattress does an excellent job with sinkage too as its 15″ thick construction along with the premium layers of foam and high-quality innerspring coil layer prevent sinkage in the least bit, even with heavy sleepers like my partner Andrew (230lbs).
Edge support is pretty noticeable on this mattress due to the use of the reinforced edge layer in the mattress construction. Although the initial foam layers do compress at the top, there is no feeling of sliding off the edge of the bed.
When it comes to motion transfer, individually pocketed coils within this mattress that help with the distribution of weight across the bed also cause a certain degree of motion transfer that is expected with a hybrid coil mattress that provides more bounce than a foam or latex mattress. However, the multiple foam layers used in its construction limit excessive movement.
DreamCloud Premier mattress also gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the box. The hybrid construction of this mattress minimizes the degree of off-gassing typical for all-foam mattresses.
- 365 night Trial period
- Everlong Lifetime Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money-back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
The DreamCloud Premier mattress is very reasonably priced coming in at $1399 for a Queen. This is totally unexpected given its luxury, hand-tufted cashmere, and other highest quality materials used in its construction.
Construction and Materials
The WinkBed mattress is a 15″ thick innerspring and foam hybrid. It is made up of 6 layers of foam and springs wrapped up in a luxurious very attractive and soft exterior.
- 1″ Top Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of 1.5lb Hypersoft foam that provides buoyancy, comfort, and contour for the body.
- 1″ Top Cooling and Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of premium 1.5lb Gel foam that provides additional comfort, cooling, and breathability.
- 2.5″ Foam Coil Layer – This layer is 2.5″ of foam encased innerspring micro air-spring coils. There are 1,358 coils in a Queen, designed to provide support and pressure relief and allow better airflow and cooling.
- Lumbar Pad Layer – Located beneath the air springs, this layer is made of pre-compressed densified cotton for lower back support.
- Steel Coil Support Layer – 14.15 gauge steel coil with 858 coils per queen – a total of 2,211 with the above layers for a queen which provides support and weight distribution and aids in cooling.
- 2″ Support Foam Layer – It is the final bottom layer of 1.5lb density support foam that acts as the foundation for the above layers and helps keep the mattress shape.
The cover of the WinkBed mattress is a luxurious one, made from Tencel, a plant-based fiber that is more absorbent than cotton, softer than silk and cooler than linen. Besides this, it is OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class 1 certified – which means it is safe enough for babies and children.
The white and polka dot blue color scheme combined with the tufting adds to the elegance and stylishness of this mattress.
Firmness and Support
Unlike the DreamCloud Premier which comes in only one firmness option, the WinkBed comes in multiple firmness options and the one we tested is the Luxury Firm. It scores 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest and feels more on the firm side when compared to the universal comfort mattresses.
In terms of support, the WinkBed mattress feels very supportive with its 15″ thickness and the spring layer beneath the euro-top comfort layer. It provides excellent support to sleepers of different weights, even heavier sleepers like my partner (230lbs).
It has the necessary firmness for back and stomach sleeping while offering enough give in the top comfort layers to cradle your hips and shoulders, which makes this mattress suitable for all sleeping positions.
The WinkBed mattress is very comfortable with the top layer of quilted foam and Tencel providing a supple sleeping surface, while the springs beneath do the heavy lifting.
It gives you the feeling of sleeping “on top” instead of “down in” the mattress and provides a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness needed to switch positions and support heavy bodyweight.
The WinkBed, just like the DreamCloud Premier, does a good job at sleeping cool due to the combination of the gel foam top layer with the micro air springs and inner steel coils in its construction.
The CoolControl base option that the WinkBeds company offers aids in cooling by providing independent heating and cooling of each side of the mattress.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The WinkBed does an excellent job with sinkage and motion transfer. The 15″ construction of this mattress including durable support steel springs and the micro air springs supports weight and regulates sinkage exceptionally well.
Edge support is also very good with this mattress as the edges do not compress too much when sleeping or sitting near them and you will not experience the feeling of the “rolling off” the edges.
The degree of motion transfer in this mattress is a little bit higher than in most of the foam mattresses we have reviewed, but it is nothing too extreme.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The company delivers white-glove to your door so there is no smell or off-gassing. The WinkBeds mattress comes directly to your door in its natural form, uncompressed, so it doesn’t release any noticeable smell typical for many Bed-In-A-Box mattresses that often come wrapped in plastic packages.
- 101 Night Sleep Trial
- 10 Year Warranty
- Made in America at their Wisconsin plant
- Custom made to order
- Free Shipping and white glove delivery.
The WinkBed is priced very reasonably given the premium materials used in its construction and white glove delivery. The WinkBed sells for $1299 for a Queen.
A foundation is available for $250 with the CoolControl foundation for the additional $2200.
DreamCloud Premier vs. WinkBeds Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the DreamCloud Premier vs. WinkBeds mattress.
|Layers||1″ Eurotop Cradle Layer, 1" of Eurotop Support foam, 2.5″ of gentle, contouring memory foam, 8.5″ of Targeted-Support Coils, 1" ofn Low Motion Transfer Support foam||1″ of 1.5lb Hypersoft foam, 1″ of premium 1.5lb Gel foam, 2.5″ of foam encased innerspring micro air-spring coils, pre-compressed densified cotton, 14.15 gauge steel coils, 1.5lb density support foam|
|Cover||Ultra soft Mongolian Cashmere||Made of soft plant-based Tencel with the white and polka dot blue color scheme combined with the tufting|
|Firmness||6.5 out of 10||6.5 out of 10|
|Motion Transfer||Minimal||Higher than in most foam mattresses|
|Warranty||Everlong lifetime warranty||10 years|
|Trial Period||365 days||101 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping and white glove delivery|
|Refunds & Returns||100% money back guarantee for Returns & Refunds||Yes|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose DreamCloud Premier mattress if you like:
- Sleeping on your back and stomach – The combination of pressure-relieving foam and supportive wrapped coils makes this mattress perfect for back and stomach sleepers.
- A luxury feel at a reasonable price – The use of plush memory foam, Cashmere, and other highest quality materials in the construction of the DreamCloud Premier gives it a luxurious feel at a price that is closer to that of a non-luxury hybrid mattress with a much smaller thickness and cheaper, artificial materials.
- Sharing your bed – The individually wrapped coils are excellent at isolating and controlling motion, which makes the DreamCloud Premier an ideal choice for couples with different sleeping habits.
- Mattress that sleeps cool – The DreamCloud Premier does a good job of sleeping cool due to the gel-infused foam top layer as well as the innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention.
Choose WinkBed mattress if you like:
- Mattresses with luxury but eco-friendly covers – The cover of the WinkBed is a luxurious one, made from Tencel, that is soft and absorbent, plant-based eco-friendly fiber. Besides this, it is OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class 1 certified – which means it is safe enough for babies and children.
- Excellent support – In terms of support, the WinkBed mattress feels very supportive with its 15″ thickness and the spring layer beneath the euro-top comfort layer.
- Sleeping cool – Gel foam top layer helps the WinkBed sleep cool while the coil structure of it allows for increased airflow through the mattress and aids in cooling. Besides this, WinkBeds offers accessory options for temperature regulation.