Brentwood Home Oceano vs. DreamCloud Premier
We are back with another comparison. Today it will be between the two innovative and luxury hybrid brands: Brentwood Home Oceano and DreamCloud Premier.
Both are combinations of foam materials and innerspring coil systems, and both come at a fraction of the price of the in-store brands. The Oceano has been Brentwood Home’s best-selling bed for a while, whereas the DreamCloud is a recent hybrid mattress that has rapidly grown in popularity due to its high-end materials, quality construction, and unsurpassed customer service.
But the question is: Which one would be a better choice for you? Keep reading to find out. Last updated
Brentwood Home Oceano
Construction and Materials
The Brentwood Home Oceano is a 14″ thick premium hybrid mattress combining latex, foam, and micro coils. It Is composed of the following layers:
- 2″ Comfort Layer – This layer is 2″ of gel-infused Swirl memory foam that is designed to provide contouring support and help ensure cooling during sleep as well as pressure relief and also help provide motion isolation.
- 2″ Support Layer – This layer is 2″ of 1353 (in a queen) individual micro-coils. This layer helps provide responsive comfort and support for the body during sleep.
- 1″ Cooling Layer – This layer is made up of 1″ of Air Luxe ventilated foam that provides ventilation and airflow and enables a cooler sleeping environment.
- 8″ Support Layer – This layer is 8″ of 5-Zone Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils that provide support for the mattress and deep compression support for the body during sleep. Reinforced coils around the edge provide edge support for the mattress and the entire layer is zoned to provide support to the various regions of the body needing the most support.
- 1″ Base Layer – This layer is 1″ of luxe high-density support foam that acts as the foundation for the layers above and provides greater stability to the mattress.
As for the exterior, the Oceano mattress has a beautifully designed cover that is stretch-knit and made of highly breathable, soft and smooth, plant-based Tencel.
This 4-way stretch cover is skin-friendly and hygienic. It keeps your carbon footprint minimal and allows you to experience the full benefits of the memory foam comfort layer. The soft Eurotop with tailored tweed sides, custom handles, and button-tufted upholstery add to the luxurious feel and appearance of this mattress.
Firmness and Support
The Oceano scores 6 out of 10 for firmness, with 10 being the firmest. Heavier sleepers may press through the top comfort layers and feel a little on the softer side to them and more of the bouncier micro springs in the mattress.
In terms of support, this mattress provides excellent support. It provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support shoulders and hips while having enough firmness to support your back and stomach, which makes it suitable for all sleeping positions.
The micro-coil construction and gel memory foam layers provide a pretty high degree of bounce and responsiveness with the Oceano, and the 14″ thick design provides good support to heavier sleepers.
The tufted soft Tencel cover of the Oceano makes a really comfortable sleeping surface, and the combination of the top comfort layer of gel memory foam and micro coil layer provides a very supple and comfortable top layer to the mattress.
The foam and micro coil spring design provides a high level of responsiveness and a degree of bounce to the mattress which is ideal for late night couple’s amorous activities.
This mattress does not retain heat due to its multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Air Luxe foam and Tencel top cover, so you won’t get the sticky sweaty feeling that some foam mattresses cause. The hybrid design of this mattress that allows the air to circulate freely through it will keep you cool and comfortable.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Brentwood Home Oceano mattress does a great job with minimizing sinkage. However, due to its hybrid design, there is a decent amount of it, although this largely depends on the weight of the sleepers.
The Oceano also has a solid edge support due to its 8-inch Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils, so you won’t feel like you’re going to roll off the mattress.
There is a small amount of motion transfer with this mattress when sleeping and changing positions during the night due to the foam and micro coil construction of the Oceano.
The Brentwood Home Oceano gets high marks in this category for not releasing any noticeable smell upon opening the box which many foam mattresses tend to have due to their plastic packages. Its hybrid nature also contributes to minimizing the amount of off-gassing.
- 1-Year Sleep Trial
- 25 Year Warranty
- Handmade in Los Angeles at their own facility
- No questions asked return policy
- Free Shipping
The Oceano is the premium hybrid mattress in Brentwood Home’s mattress lineup coming in at $1495 for a Queen. This is quite a reasonable price given the quality of materials used in its construction.
Click here to read the full Brentwood Home Oceano mattress review.
Construction and Materials
The new DreamCloud Premier is a 14″ hybrid pocketed coil and foam mattress made up of 6 layers.
- Eurotop Cradle Layer– This layer is 1″ of premium, high loft memory foam that is quilted into the cover to cradle your body and provide you with the feel of sleeping on a cloud-like topper. It is also highly breathable and will keep the sleeping surface cool and pleasant to the touch.
- Eurotop Support Layer – This layer is 1″ of soft foam designed to support the layers above and complete your extra plush Euro Top.
- Pressure-Relief Comfort Layer – This layer is 2.5″ of gentle, contouring memory foam that provides amazing support and pressure relief to those areas of your body where it is needed the most.
- Targeted-Support Coil Layer – This layer is made of 8.5″ individually wrapped coils that promote airflow, reduce motion transfer, and flex to help support your curves and contours. They also provide excellent edge support and more sleep surface.
- Low Motion Transfer Support Layer – This layer is 1″ of carefully placed additional support foam that works with the pocketed coil layer to re-distribute unwanted vibrations from the coil system, reduce motion transfer and serve as the foundation for the layers above. It also increases the overall durability and stability of the mattress.
The cover of the new DreamCloud Premier mattress is made of ultra-soft Mongolian cashmere. It is natural, extremely breathable, and lightweight and will wick away any excess moisture and keep you cool and dry all night long.
Firmness and Support
The DreamCloud Premier hybrid mattress only comes in one firmness option which scores 6 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest.
The multiple layers of which it is comprised make it suitable for sleepers of different weights. Heavier sleepers will not press through the top comfort layers and feel the support layers beneath; they will feel the soft plush top comfort layers while at the same time their bodies will be supported by the pocketed coil layers.
This mattress also provides enough give in the top comfort layer to cradle your body when sleeping on your side, and it has the firmness needed to support your back and stomach. The top memory foam and latex comfort layers provide excellent body contour and give you a feeling of hug specific to memory foam.
As for comfort, the DreamCloud Premier is the most comfortable hybrid mattress that we have tested to date. The mattress is 15 inches thick with 5 different layers incorporated within it, out of which the gel-infused foam layer prevents heat retention and helps in cooling your body, while the top comfort foam layers with the soft cover provide good body contour and an overall feeling of luxury and comfort.
The hybrid construction of this mattress provides the expected degree of bounce to the mattress. The DreamCloud Premier provides a lot of comfort while offering enough support to the body where it is needed most, which makes this mattress perfect for all sleeping positions.
The DreamCloud Premier does a good job in reducing heat and keeping you cool due to the gel-infused foam layer and the innerspring layer innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention.
The use of the gel foam layer and the cashmere top cover combined with the hybrid coil construction all do a great job of ensuring the mattress sleeps cooler than most mattresses we have reviewed.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
This hybrid mattress does an excellent job with sinkage too as its 15″ thick construction along with the premium layers of foam and high-quality innerspring coil layer prevent sinkage in the least bit, even with heavy sleepers like my partner Andrew (230lbs).
Edge support is pretty noticeable on this mattress due to the use of the reinforced edge layer in the mattress construction. Although the initial foam layers do compress at the top, there is no feeling of sliding off the edge of the bed.
When it comes to motion transfer, individually pocketed coils within this mattress that help with the distribution of weight across the bed also cause a certain degree of motion transfer that is expected with a hybrid coil mattress that provides more bounce than a foam or latex mattress. However, the multiple foam layers used in its construction limit excessive movement.
DreamCloud Premier mattress also gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the box. The hybrid construction of this mattress minimizes the degree of off-gassing typical for all-foam mattresses.
- 365 night Trial period
- Everlong Lifetime Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money-back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
The DreamCloud Premier mattress is very reasonably priced coming in at $1399 for a Queen. This is totally unexpected given its luxury, hand-tufted cashmere, and other highest quality materials used in its construction.
Click here to read the full DreamCloud Premier mattress review.
Brentwood Home Oceano vs. DreamCloud Premier Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Brentwood Home Oceano vs. DreamCloud Premier mattress.
|Brentwood Home Oceano||DreamCloud Premier|
|Layers||2″ of gel memory foam, 2″ of individual micro coils, 2″ of airlux ventilated foam, 8″ of Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils||1″ Eurotop Cradle Layer, 1" of Eurotop Support foam, 2.5″ of gentle, contouring memory foam, 8.5″ of Targeted-Support Coils, 1" ofn Low Motion Transfer Support foam|
|Cover||Stretch-knit exterior cover made of soft plant-based Tencel||Ultra-soft Mongolian cashmere|
|Firmness||6 out of 10||6.5 out of 10|
|Warranty||25 years||Everlong lifetime warranty|
|Trial Period||120 days||365 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free Shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||No questions asked return policy||100% money back guarantee for Returns & Refunds|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose Brentwood Home Oceano mattress if you like:
- Mattress with excellent support – The Brentwood Home Oceano provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support your shoulders and hips, while also having the firmness necessary for your back and stomach. This makes it ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Mattress with bounce – The micro-coil construction and gel memory foam layers of this mattress provide a high degree of bounce and responsiveness.
- Cool sleeping mattress – The Brentwood Home Oceano sleeps quite cool due to the multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro-coils, ventilated Air Luxe foam, and wool / Tencel top cover.
- Sharing your bed – The Oceano is a good choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner. The micro-coil and foam construction of this mattress causes less motion transfer when sleeping and changing positions with your partner during the night.
Choose DreamCloud Premier mattress if you like:
- Sleeping on your back and stomach – The combination of pressure-relieving foam and supportive wrapped coils makes this mattress perfect for back and stomach sleepers.
- A luxury feel at a reasonable price – The use of plush memory foam, Cashmere, and other highest quality materials in the construction of the DreamCloud Premier gives it a luxurious feel at a price that is closer to that of a non-luxury hybrid mattress with a much smaller thickness and cheaper, artificial materials.
- Sharing your bed – The individually wrapped coils are excellent at isolating and controlling motion, which makes the DreamCloud Premier an ideal choice for couples with different sleeping habits.
- Mattress that sleeps cool – The DreamCloud Premier does a good job of sleeping cool due to the gel-infused foam top layer as well as the innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention.