Brentwood Home Oceano vs. DreamCloud Sleep
We are back with another comparison. Today it will be between the two innovative and luxury hybrid brands: Brentwood Home Oceano and DreamCloud.
Both are combinations of foam materials and innerspring coil systems, and both come at a fraction of the price of the in-store brands. The Oceano has been Brentwood Home’s best-selling bed for a while, whereas the DreamCloud is a recent hybrid mattress that has rapidly grown in popularity due to its high-end materials, quality construction, and unsurpassed customer service.
But the question is: Which one would be a better choice for you? Keep reading to find out. Last updated
Brentwood Home Oceano
Construction and Materials
The Brentwood Home Oceano is a 14″ thick premium hybrid mattress combining latex, foam and micro coils. It Is composed of the following layers:
- 2″ Comfort Layer – This layer is 2″ of special gel memory foam designed to provide contouring support and motion isolation, ensure pressure relief, and reduce heat retaining.
- 2″ Support Layer – This layer provides responsive comfort and support for the body during sleep, and it is made up of 2″ of 1353 (in a queen) individual micro coils.
- 2″ Cooling Layer – This layer is 2″ of Airlux ventilated foam that allows the air to circulate freely through the mattress and creates a cooler and more comfortable sleeping environment.
- 8″ Support Layer – This layer is 8″ of Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils that provide support for the mattress and deep compression support for the body during sleep. The entire layer is zoned to provide support to those regions of the body that need it most, and reinforced coils around the edge provide appropriate edge support for the mattress.
As for the exterior, the Oceano mattress has a beautifully designed cover that is stretch-knit and made of highly breathable, soft and smooth, plant-based Tencel.
This 4-way stretch cover is skin-friendly and hygienic. It keeps your carbon footprint minimal and allows you to experience the full benefits of the memory foam comfort layer. The soft Eurotop with tailored tweed sides, custom handles, and button-tufted upholstery add to the luxurious feel and appearance of this mattress.
Firmness and Support
The Oceano scores 6 out of 10 for firmness, with 10 being the firmest. Heavier sleepers may press through the top comfort layers and feel a little on the softer side to them and more of the bouncier micro springs in the mattress.
In terms of support, this mattress provides excellent support. It provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support shoulders and hips while having enough firmness to support your back and stomach, which makes it suitable for all sleeping positions.
The micro coil construction and gel memory foam layers provide a pretty high degree of bounce and responsiveness with the Oceano, and 14″ thick design provides a good support to heavier sleepers.
The tufted soft Tencel cover of the Oceano makes a really comfortable sleeping surface, and the combination of the top comfort layer of gel memory foam and micro coil layer provides a very supple and comfortable top layer to the mattress.
The foam and micro coil spring design provides a high level of responsiveness and a degree of bounce to the mattress which is ideal for late night couple’s amorous activities.
This mattress does not retain heat due to its multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Airlux foam and Tencel top cover, so you won’t get the sticky sweaty feeling that some foam mattresses cause. The hybrid design of this mattress that allows the air to circulate freely through it will keep you cool and comfortable.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Brentwood Home Oceano mattress does a great job with minimizing sinkage. However, due to its hybrid design, there is a decent amount of it, although this largely depends on the weight of the sleepers.
The Oceano also has a solid edge support due to its 8-inch Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils, so you won’t feel like you’re going to roll off the mattress.
There is a small amount of motion transfer with this mattress when sleeping and changing positions during the night due to the foam and micro coil construction of the Oceano.
The Brentwood Home Oceano gets high marks in this category for not releasing any noticeable smell upon opening the box which many foam mattresses tend to have due to their plastic packages. Its hybrid nature also contributes to minimizing the amount of off-gassing.
- 120 Night Sleep Trial
- 25 Year Warranty
- Handmade in Los Angeles at their own facility
- No questions asked return policy
- Free Shipping
The Oceano is the premium hybrid mattress in Brentwood Home’s mattress lineup coming in at $1495 for a Queen. This is quite a reasonable price given the quality of materials used in its construction.
Construction and Materials
The DreamCloud Sleep is a 15” luxury combination of quality latex, memory foam, cashmere, hand tufting, and coil technology broken up into 8 layers:
- 2″ Top Comfort Layer – This layer is 2″ of soft cashmere top cover that features hand tufting and provides comfort and luxuriousness to the mattress.
- .5″ Cooling Layer – This is a .5″ cooling layer made of Gel Infused Memory Foam that provides cooling to the upper layers of the mattress and works with other layers to provide a better contouring support.
- 1.75″ Comfort Layer – This layer is made of 1.75″ of soft quilted memory foam designed to provide pressure relief and comfort.
- .5″ Response Layer – This layer is .5″ response layer designed from natural hypoallergenic latex that provides bounce and contour and makes this mattress suitable for those who tend to shift their positions during sleep regularly.
- .25″ Support Layer – This layer is .25″ of DreamPlush supportive memory foam, inserted for additional body contour and comfort.
- .5″ Transition Layer – This layer is .5″ of DreamPlush high-density supportive memory foam that makes a transition layer between the upper comfort layers and the lower coil support layer.
- 8″ Support Layer – This layer is 7″ of high-quality steel pocketed innerspring coils with a 5-zone layer of varying stiffness designed to provide exceptional support to the body in the areas where it is needed most.
- 1.5″ Base Foundation Layer – This layer is a final 1.5″ of high density super soft memory foam that serves as the lower foundation layer of the mattress and creates deep compression support.
The cover of this mattress, as it has been already mentioned, is made of breathable, super soft, double tufted cashmere that adds to the luxury feel of the mattress, and that is to be found only on super premium mattresses costing upwards of $5-6000.
Firmness and Support
The DreamCloud Sleep hybrid mattress like the Brentwood Home Oceano only comes in one firmness option which scores 6.5 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest. The multiple layers of which it is comprised make this mattress suitable for sleepers of different weights.
Heavier sleepers will not compress the mattress and feel the foundation below as the high-density foam layers combined with an innerspring layer provide a supportive structure underneath the soft plush top comfort layers.
This mattress provides enough give in the top comfort layer to cradle your body when sleeping on your side, and it has enough firmness needed to support your back and stomach. The top memory foam and latex comfort layers provide excellent body contour and hug your body without the feeling of being trapped in memory foam that some of the full memory foam mattresses cause.
As for the comfort, the DreamCloud is one of the most comfortable hybrid models that we have tested to date.
The mattress is 15 inches thick with 8 different layers incorporated within it, out of which the gel-infused foam top layer prevents heat retention and helps in cooling your body, while the top comfort foam layers with the soft hand-tufted Cashmere cover provide excellent body contour and an overall feeling of luxury and comfort.
The hybrid construction of this mattress and the layer of latex in the top comfort layers provide the expected degree of bounce to the mattress.
The DreamCloud provides a lot of comfort while offering enough support to the body where it is needed most, which makes this mattress perfect for all sleeping positions and guarantees a serene and comfortable sleep.
Regardless of its dependence on memory foam that is known for its ability to absorb heat, The DreamCloud Sleep just like the Oceano does a good job in preventing heat build-up and keeping you cool during the night due to its gel infused top foam layer and the innerspring layer that allows good air circulation.
The latex layer and the cashmere top cover contribute to this and place this mattress in terms of cooling far above most other mattresses we have tested.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
This hybrid mattress does an excellent job with sinkage too as its 15″ thick construction along with the premium layers of foam and high-quality innerspring coil layer prevent sinkage in the least bit, even with heavy sleepers like Andrew (230lbs).
The DreamCloud excels in the area of edge support due to the use of the reinforced edge layer in the mattress construction. The 5-zone coil system distributes weight evenly and although the initial foam layers tend to compress at the top, there is no feeling of sliding off the edge of the bed.
When it comes to motion transfer, individually pocketed coils within this mattress that help with distribution of weight across the bed also cause a certain degree of motion transfer that is expected with a hybrid coil mattress that provides more bounce than a foam or latex mattress. However, the multiple foam layers used in its construction limit excessive movement.
The DreamCloud Sleep mattress gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the packaging. Its hybrid construction minimizes the degree of off-gassing typical for all foam mattresses.
- 365 night Trial period
- Everlong Lifetime Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
The Dream Cloud Sleep mattress is very reasonably priced coming in at $1399 for a Queen (you can save $200 by clicking here), which is totally unexpected given its luxury, hand tufted Cashmere, and other highest quality materials used in its construction.
Brentwood Home Oceano vs. DreamCloud Sleep Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Brentwood Home Oceano vs. DreamCloud Sleep mattress.
|Brentwood Home Oceano||DreamCloud|
|Layers||2″ of gel memory foam, 2″ of individual micro coils, 2″ of airlux ventilated foam, 8″ of Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils||2″ of TrueTufted cashmere top cover, .5″ of Gel Infused Memory Foam, 1.75″ of soft quilted memory foam, .5″ of natural hypoallergenic latex, .25″ of DreamPlush supportive memory foam, .5″ of DreamPlush high density supportive memory foam, 7″ of high quality steel pocketed innerspring coils with a 5-zone layers, 1.5″ of high density super soft memory foam|
|Cover||Stretch-knit exterior cover made of soft plant-based Tencel||Double tufted and made of Cashmere|
|Firmness||6 out of 10||6.5 out of 10|
|Warranty||25 years||Everlong lifetime warranty|
|Trial Period||120 days||365 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free Shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||No questions asked return policy||100% money back guarantee for Returns & Refunds|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose Brentwood Home Oceano mattress if you like:
- Mattress with excellent support – The Brentwood Home Oceano provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support your shoulders and hips, while also having the firmness necessary for your back and stomach. This makes it ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Mattress with bounce – The micro coil construction and gel memory foam layers of this mattress provide a high degree of bounce and responsiveness.
- Cool sleeping mattress – The Brentwood Home Oceano sleeps quite cool due to the multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Airlux foam, and wool / Tencel top cover.
- Sharing your bed – The Oceano is a good choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner. The micro coil and foam construction of this mattress causes less motion transfer when sleeping and changing positions with your partner during the night.
Choose DreamCloud Sleep mattress if you like:
- Sleeping on your back and stomach – The combination of pressure-relieving foam and supportive wrapped coils makes this mattress perfect for back and stomach sleepers.
- A luxury feel at a reasonable price – The use of plush memory foam, hand tufted Cashmere and other highest quality materials in the construction of the DreamCloud gives it a luxurious feel at a price that is closer to that of a non-luxury hybrid mattress with a much smaller thickness and cheaper, artificial materials.
- Sharing your bed – The individually wrapped coils are excellent at isolating and controlling motion, which makes the DreamCloud an ideal choice for couples with different sleeping habits.
- Mattress that sleeps cool – The DreamCloud does a good job of sleeping cool due to the gel infused foam top layer as well as the innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention.