Tomorrow Sleep vs. Nectar
Today’s review will present you with our experiences of mattresses coming from two popular online mattress retailers: Tomorrow Sleep and Nectar Sleep.
Tomorrow Sleep is a foam and pocketed coil hybrid, while the Nectar is an all-foam mattress that recently hit the market with its high-quality materials and reasonable price. Further in this review, you will see how they compare, and you can determine which better suits your preferences and your budget.
Construction and Materials
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress is a 10″ hybrid pocketed coil and foam mattress made up of 4 layers. It comes in 2 firmness options Medium Soft and Medium Firm, and the one we tested is Medium Soft.
- 1″ Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of 4.8lb Visco Elastic memory foam designed to distribute your body weight and provide pressure relief. It is coated with phase-change temperature regulating material that pulls the heat away or keeps it close to your body.
- 2″ Support / Cooling Layer – This layer is 2″ of 2.5lb gel infused memory foam that provides additional support to your body and reduces heat retention.
- 6″ Support Layer – This layer is made up of 6″ of pocketed innerspring coils and a 3″ thick ventilated side rail system around the coils that promotes airflow through the sides of the mattress for additional cooling.
- 1″ Foundation Layer – This layer is 1″ of high-density base foam that serves as the foundation for the coil system.
The cover is made from phase-change temperature regulating material with a breathable open weave, and a smooth and soft finish that adds to the comfort and airflow.
Firmness and Support
Tomorrow Sleep comes in two firmness options, and the Medium Soft model that we tested scores 5-6 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest. Its top comfort layer provides a soft luxurious feel, and the underlying coils and foam provide good support underneath which makes this mattress ideal for heavier sleepers.
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress offers good support in all sleeping positions. It provides you with enough give in the top comfort layer to support your hips and shoulders, and with enough firmness when you switch to your back or stomach.
The Tomorrow Sleep offers a lot of comfort as well. Coils combined with the gel memory foam top layer offer good push-back and bounce, and provide your body with a nice contour and hug. This mattress is supportive and allows you to sleep soundly in all sleeping positions, while the soft cover keeps you cool and adds to the comfort.
The Tomorrow Sleep does a good job in reducing heat due to the gel foam layer in the top comfort layer combined with the phase-change material in the covers. The nature of its innerspring coils allows good airflow, and perforated edge panels around the coils contribute to this.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
With the Tomorrow Sleep, sinkage is reduced to the minimum although it is only 10″ in height. The support coils regulate sinking, while the edge support layer incorporated within this mattress provides a good edge support and prevents you from rolling off of the bed. As it is a hybrid coil mattress, it has a certain degree of motion transfer, but nothing too extreme like it is the case with some competing beds.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Tomorrow Sleep gets high marks for not having any noticeable smell upon opening the box. Hybrid coil/foam construction of this mattress minimizes the degree of off-gassing that all foam mattresses usually have.
- 365 night trial period
- 10-year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- American made at the Serta manufacturing facility.
The Tomorrow Sleep is very reasonably priced, and you can get a Queen size for $865 after clicking here and using our $125 off code: MFT125. This is an excellent price given the quality of materials used in this mattress.
Construction and Materials
The Nectar is an 11″ all foam mattress made up of 4 layers of various foams.
- 1″ Top Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of quilted foam sewn into the cover and designed to improve airflow, relieve pressure points, provide pain relief, softness, and a luxurious feel to the top.
- 1″ Support Layer – This layer is 1″ of 4lb patented Lush Foam semi-open fast-recovery gel memory foam, which provides primary support and aids in cooling and comfort.
- 3″ Transition Layer – This layer is 3″ of 3lb medical grade cooling gel embedded foam that aids in cooling and serves as a transitional support layer between the upper and lower layers.
- 6″ Foundation Layer – This layer is 6″ of high-density foam that provides deep compression support and serves as the foundation.
The cover of the Nectar mattress is made up of soft, long staple cotton that includes Tencel – a fabric more absorbent than cotton, softer than silk, and cooler than linen. It adds to the soft and luxurious feel of this bed, allows the circulation of air through the upper layer to improve airflow and circulation, and is naturally resistant to bed bugs.
Nectar Sleep is unique in that it offers its customers the option to replace the cover at no charge. Therefore, if the existing cover wears out, you don’t have to spend your money on buying a new mattress when you can simply replace the cover.
Firmness and Support
The nectar mattress only comes in one firmness option which is medium firm and scores 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest.
Its top comfort layer provides a soft, luxurious feel, while the underlying support layers made of dense foam provide firmer support below and do not allow heavier sleepers like Andrew who is 230lbs to press through the top comfort layers and come to rest on the base support layers.
The Nectar provides good support for all sleeping positions. It provides the necessary support for back and stomach sleeping and it provides enough give in the top comfort layer to perfectly hug and mold to hips and shoulders when sleeping on your side.
The Nectar is a very comfortable mattress. The top layer with its Tencel cover provides a soft and supple sleeping environment, while the layers below consisting of gel foam and adaptive foam support and contour the body during sleep.
These underlying layers also provide the needed response when switching positions during the night and a nice degree of push-back and bounce ideal for late night amorous activities of couples.
The Nectar mattress, like the Tomorrow Sleep, does a good job at reducing heat, sleeping cool, and eliminating sweating and the feeling of stickiness present with many other memory foam mattresses. This is due to its multiple gel-infused foam layers and the quilted foam within the cover that allows easier circulation of air.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
Nectar does a pretty good job in this category as well as it does not cause too much sinkage when lying or sitting on the mattress due to the high-quality dense foam layers used in its construction.
Edge support with this mattress is also good, and it prevents you from rolling off of the bed when sitting or sleeping near the edge.
Motion transfer is very minimal with the Nectar due to its all-foam construction known for its capability of reducing the motion transfer when adjusting positions or getting in and out of bed during the night.
Smell / Off-Gassing
Nectar gets high marks in this category too for not having any noticeable smell upon opening the box. There is not much off-gassing and odor with this mattress as it is the case with many other memory foam mattresses, and any smell present dissipates within 24 hours.
- 365 night Trial period
- “Forever Warranty” for the life of the mattress
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
Nectar is reasonably priced, coming in at $670 for a Queen (after applying the MFT125 coupon). This is a great price for a mattress of such a high quality.
Tomorrow Sleep vs. Nectar Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Tomorrow Sleep vs. Nectar mattress.
|Layers||1″ of 4.8lb Visco Elastic memory foam infused with phase-change temperature regulating material, 2″ of 2.5lb gel infused memory foam, 6″ of pocketed innerspring coils, 1″ of high density base foam||1″ of quilted foam, 1″ of 4lb patented Lush Foam, 3″ of 3lb medical grade cooling gel embedded foam, 6″ of high-density foam|
|Cover||Stretchy mix of polyester and nylon||Soft, long staple cotton including Tencel|
|Firmness||5-6 out of 10||6 out of 10|
|Motion Transfer||Higher than in most memory foam mattresses||Very minimal|
|Warranty||10 years||Everlong warranty|
|Trial Period||100 days||365 days|
|Shipping||Free Shipping||Free shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||No||100% money back guarantee for Refunds & Returns|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose Tomorrow Sleep mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – Memory foam top layer of this mattress provides a good contour to your body and gives you a feeling of hug typical for classic memory foam.
- Breathable mattress – The innerspring coil layer and aerated side support layer allow excellent airflow through the mattress while the gel foam layer in the top comfort layer and the phase-change material in the covers reduce heat retention.
- Mattress with bounce – The support layer made of a pocketed coil system provides a good degree of bounce and prevents sinking too far through memory foam layers.
- Sharing your bed – The Tomorrow Sleep mattress performed well on the motion transfer test, and it is a good choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner as your sleep will not be disturbed by shaking of the mattress when changing positions with your partner or getting in and out of bed during the night.
Choose Nectar mattress if you like:
- A medium feel –The Nectar comes in only one firmness option, which is a medium firm scoring 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest, and it is suitable for sleepers of different firmness preferences and different weights.
- A full memory foam mattress – The Nectar is a full memory foam mattress composed of the highest-quality memory foam layers. It offers the sleepers many benefits of traditional memory foam such as deep compression, pressure relief, more hug and contour, minimal motion transfer, etc. while at the same time provides enough support and eliminates the feeling of being trapped in foam that many classic memory foam mattresses cause.
- A very supportive mattress – As it has been already mentioned, this mattress offers enough support for all sleeping positions which makes it ideal for sleepers of different weights.
- Responsiveness and bounce – The underlying gel foam and adaptive foam layers of the Nectar mattress provide the needed response when switching positions during the night and a nice degree of push-back and bounce ideal for late night amorous activities of couples.