Tomorrow Sleep vs. Loom and Leaf
Shopping for a new mattress is not an easy task. There is a wide range of options to choose from, and you soon may find yourself overwhelmed by such a great variety of choices and prices.
We understand that choosing your new mattress is not a decision you can make without careful consideration, especially if you are not sure whether to pick a coil/memory foam hybrid or a full memory foam mattress.
To help make your decision easier and help you find out which option is right for you, in today’s review we’ll be comparing the Tomorrow Sleep, a combination of springs and memory foam, and the Loom and Leaf, a full memory foam mattress.
Construction and Materials
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress is a 10″ hybrid pocketed coil and foam mattress made up of 4 layers. It comes in 2 firmness options Medium Soft and Medium Firm, and the one we tested is Medium Soft.
- 1″ Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of 4.8lb Visco Elastic memory foam designed to distribute your body weight and provide pressure relief. It is coated with phase-change temperature regulating material that pulls the heat away or keeps it close to your body.
- 2″ Support / Cooling Layer – This layer is 2″ of 2.5lb gel infused memory foam that provides additional support to your body and reduces heat retention.
- 6″ Support Layer – This layer is made up of 6″ of pocketed innerspring coils and a 3″ thick ventilated side rail system around the coils that promotes airflow through the sides of the mattress for additional cooling.
- 1″ Foundation Layer – This layer is 1″ of high-density base foam that serves as the foundation for the coil system.
The cover is made from phase-change temperature regulating material with a breathable open weave, and a smooth and soft finish that adds to the comfort and airflow.
Firmness and Support
Tomorrow Sleep comes in two firmness options, and the Medium Soft model that we tested scores 5-6 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest. Its top comfort layer provides a soft luxurious feel, and the underlying coils and foam provide a good support underneath which makes this mattress ideal for heavier sleepers.
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress offers good support in all sleeping positions. It provides you with enough give in the top comfort layer to support your hips and shoulders, and with enough firmness when you switch to your back or stomach.
The Tomorrow Sleep offers a lot of comfort as well. Coils combined with the gel memory foam top layer offer good push-back and bounce, and provide your body with nice contour and hug. This mattress is supportive and allows you to sleep soundly in all sleeping positions, while the soft cover keeps you cool and adds to the comfort.
The Tomorrow Sleep does a good job in reducing heat due to the gel foam layer in the top comfort layer combined with the phase-change material in the cover. The nature of its innerspring coils provides good airflow, and the perforated edge panels around the coils contribute to this as well.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
With the Tomorrow Sleep, sinkage is reduced to the minimum although it is only 10″ in height. The support coils regulate sinking, while the edge support layer incorporated within this mattress provides good edge support and prevents you from rolling off of the bed. As it is a hybrid coil mattress, it has a certain degree of motion transfer, but nothing too extreme like it is the case with some competing beds.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Tomorrow Sleep gets high marks for not having any noticeable smell upon opening the box. Hybrid coil/foam construction of this mattress minimizes the degree of off-gassing that all foam mattresses usually have.
- 365 night Trial period
- 10-year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- American made at the Serta manufacturing facility.
The Tomorrow Sleep is very reasonably priced, and you can get a Queen size for $865 after clicking here and using our $125 off code: MFT125. This is an excellent price given the quality of materials used in this mattress.
Loom and Leaf
Construction and Materials
The Loom and Leaf is over 12″ thick and made up of 4 layers of memory foam:
- 2″ Top Cooling and Comfort Layer – This layer is a 2″ 4lb gel memory foam using a patented gel-on-gel swirl design and convoluted foam laminated to medical grade cooling gel which provides a cool, supportive sleep environment and promotes airflow furthering cooling.
- 2.5″ Mattress Core Layer – This layer is made of 2.5″ of 5lb visco-elastic memory foam for deep contouring support
- 2″ Transition Layer – This layer is a 2″ transition loft pad, which serves as a transfer layer between the base support layer and those layers above and provides better support and comfort overall.
- 5.5″ Bottom Foundation Layer – Thus layer is a 5.5″ high-density foam core base which acts as the foundation and support for the rest of the mattress.
The cover of the Loom and Leaf is vastly different from the normal thin covers of most other memory foam mattresses. It is made from 100% organic cotton with a circular knit top, quilted with a 5/8” foam layer that provides a luxurious feel and acts as a natural flame retardant.
Firmness and Support
Loom and Leaf, like Tomorrow Sleep, offers two firmness options: the Loom and Leaf Relaxed Firm, scoring 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, (with 10 being the firmest) and the Loom and Leaf Firm, which is an 8 out of 10. This makes the Loom and Leaf suitable for people with different firmness preferences and different body weights like Andrew and myself.
The thick construction and high-density foam of this mattress perfectly supported Andrew’s weight (230lbs) and our hips and shoulders and provided us with the necessary comfort and feeling of massage during the night.
The 12″ thickness of the Loom and Leaf, its tufted quilted cotton cover that includes a 5/8″ foam layer, and the 6.5″ of specialty foams and the exclusive gel cooling layer included in its construction make this mattress a very comfortable one.
When you first lay down on the Loom and Leaf you will feel an immediate softness due to the quilted cover with the foam layer, and the support layers will begin to sense your pressure and react accordingly providing you with a very balanced feel.
The Loom and Leaf will hug your body and provide it with a nice degree of contouring without causing the feeling of being trapped in the memory foam typical for most memory foam mattresses.
Most memory foam mattresses lead to the retention of heat and cause a sweaty sticky feeling, but this is not the case with the Loom and Leaf. Like the Tomorrow Sleep, this mattress sleeps cool and eliminates any feeling of discomfort caused by a build-up of heat.
The exclusive cooling gel in the top layer of the Loom and Leaf, which is usually found in hospital burn units, allows maximum cooling and airflow and helps you stay cool and comfortable during the night.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
Sinkage and motion transfer on the Loom and Leaf depend on the model that you select (Relaxed Firm vs. Firm), as well as how much you weigh. The Relaxed Firm that we tested caused more sinkage when compared to the Firm model. But both models, thanks to their thick construction, did not cause us to sink down to the foundation of our bed like most of the other mattresses did.
Both Loom and Leaf models also do a good job of supporting heavier sleepers like my partner when sleeping or sitting near the edge, and they cause very minimal motion transfer with the high-quality dense foam construction doing a great job of insulating movement when turning or adjusting the positions during sleep.
Smell / Off-Gassing
As for smell/off-gassing, it is non-existent with the Loom and Leaf mattresses. They are shipped uncompressed in their natural form, which is not the case with other online mattress retailers and their memory foam mattresses which come compressed in a box.
Customer service is something that Loom and Leaf prides itself on, and it gets high marks in this category. Upon putting your zip code on the site and determining whether the delivery is possible for your area, the mattresses are delivered directly to you by truck and professionally installed.
Other customer attributes include:
- 120-night sleep trial
- 10-year warranty
- Direct in-home delivery and setup with mattress removal
- Made in the USA
- Factory-direct pricing at Loomandleaf.com
The price of the Loom and Leaf mattresses coming in at around $1100 for a queen is quite reasonable. This is surprising given the exceptional quality materials used in their construction and the direct-to-home shipping and installation.
Tomorrow Sleep vs. Loom and Leaf Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Tomorrow Sleep vs. Loom and Leaf mattress.
|Tomorrow Sleep||Loom and Leaf|
|Layers||1″ of 4.8lb Visco Elastic memory foam infused with phase-change temperature regulating material, 2″ of 2.5lb gel infused memory foam, 6″ of pocketed innerspring coils, 1″ of high density base foam||2″ 4lb gel memory foam, 2.5″ of 5lb visco-elastic memory foam, 2″ transition loft pad, 5.5″ high-density foam core base|
|Cover||Stretchy mix of polyester and nylon||Made from 100% organic cotton with a circular knit top, quilted with a 5/8” foam layer|
|Firmness||5-6 out of 10||Relaxed Firm: 6 out of 10, Firm: 8 out of 10|
|Motion Transfer||Higher than in most memory foam mattresses||Very minimal|
|Warranty||10 years||15 years|
|Trial Period||100 days||120 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||$85-$99, full service in-home delivery|
|Refunds & Returns||No||Yes|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose Tomorrow Sleep mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – Memory foam top layer of this mattress provides a good contour to your body and gives you a feeling of hug typical for classic memory foam.
- Breathable mattress – The innerspring coil layer and aerated side support layer allow excellent airflow through the mattress while the gel foam layer in the top comfort layer and the phase-change material in the covers reduce heat retention.
- Mattress with bounce – The support layer made of a pocketed coil system provides a good degree of bounce and prevents sinking too far through memory foam layers.
- Sharing your bed – The Tomorrow Sleep mattress performed well on the motion transfer test, and it is a good choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner as your sleep will not be disturbed by shaking of the mattress when changing positions with your partner or getting in and out of bed during the night.
Choose Loom and Leaf mattress if you like:
- A medium or hard firmness – The Loom & Leaf is available in two firmness options: a medium and firm. The medium is a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale and the hard is an 8 out of 10. This makes the Loom and Leaf mattresses suitable for people with different firmness preferences and different body weights.
- A balanced feel – The padded cover, thick comfort layer, and high-quality materials of this mattress create a balanced feel that will be enjoyable by most sleepers.
- A mattress that uses natural materials – The Loom and Leaf is known for using plant-based foams, organic cotton cover, and natural fire-retardant thistle.
- A thick and supportive mattress – The thick construction and high-density foam of this mattress makes it suitable for sleepers of different weights as it provides a necessary comfort and perfect support even to heavier sleepers.
- Full service in-home delivery – The Loom and Leaf may be an ideal choice for you if you don’t like unboxing the mattress and setting it up yourself as the Loom and Leaf provides full service in-home delivery. The mattress will be delivered directly to you by truck and professionally installed.