Tomorrow Sleep vs. Brentwood Home Oceano
You spend almost a third of your life in bed, which means that choosing the right mattress is of crucial importance. The wrong one can lead to sore muscles, insufficient sleep, headaches and many other health issues, while a sound night sleep in a quality bed can improve your overall health and generally add up to a better you.
Today we will be comparing two high-quality hybrid mattresses made of premium materials with elegant and soft finishes. One is Tomorrow Sleep, a 10″ hybrid pocketed coil and foam mattress, and the other is a brand new handmade Brentwood Home Oceano memory foam and innerspring hybrid. Last updated
Construction and Materials
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress is a 10″ hybrid pocketed coil and foam mattress made up of 4 layers. It comes in 2 firmness options Medium Soft and Medium Firm, and the one we tested is Medium Soft.
- 1″ Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of 4.8lb Visco Elastic memory foam designed to distribute your body weight and provide pressure relief. It is coated with phase-change temperature regulating material that pulls the heat away or keeps it close to your body.
- 2″ Support / Cooling Layer – This layer is 2″ of 2.5lb gel infused memory foam that provides additional support to your body and reduces heat retention.
- 6″ Support Layer – This layer is made up of 6″ of pocketed innerspring coils and a 3″ thick ventilated side rail system around the coils that promotes airflow through the sides of the mattress for additional cooling.
- 1″ Foundation Layer – This layer is 1″ of high-density base foam that serves as the foundation for the coil system.
The cover is made from the phase-change regulating material with breathable open weave, and a smooth and soft finish that adds to the comfort and airflow.
Firmness and Support
Tomorrow Sleep comes in two firmness options, and the Medium Soft model that we tested scores 5-6 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest. Its top comfort layer provides a soft luxurious feel, and the underlying coils and foam provide a good support underneath which makes this mattress ideal for heavier sleepers.
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress offers good support in all sleeping positions. It provides you with enough give in the top comfort layer to support your hips and shoulders, and with enough firmness when you switch to your back or stomach.
The Tomorrow Sleep offers a lot of comfort as well. Coils combined with the gel memory foam top layer offer good push-back and bounce, and provide your body with a nice contour and hug. This mattress is supportive and allows you to sleep soundly in all sleeping positions, while the soft cover keeps you cool and adds to the comfort.
The Tomorrow Sleep does a good job in reducing heat due to the gel foam layer in the top comfort layer combined with the phase-change material in the cover. The nature of its innerspring coils allows good airflow, and perforated edge panels around the coils contribute to this.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
With the Tomorrow Sleep, sinkage is reduced to the minimum although it is only 10″ in height. The support coils regulate sinking, while the edge support layer incorporated within this mattress provides a good edge support and prevents you from rolling off of the bed. As it is a hybrid coil mattress, it has a certain degree of motion transfer, but nothing too extreme like it is the case with some competing beds.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Tomorrow Sleep gets high marks for not having any noticeable smell upon opening the box. Hybrid coil/foam construction of this mattress minimizes the degree of off-gassing that all foam mattresses usually have.
- 100 night Trial period
- 10-year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- American made at the Serta manufacturing facility.
The Tomorrow Sleep is very reasonably priced, and you can get a Queen size for $865 after clicking here and using our $125 off code: MFT125. This is an excellent price given the quality of materials used in this mattress.
Brentwood Home Oceano
Construction and Materials
The Brentwood Home Oceano is a 14″ combination of latex, foam and micro coils, and it contains the following layers:
- 2″ Comfort Layer – This layer is 2″ of special gel memory foam designed to provide contouring support and motion isolation, ensure pressure relief, and reduce heat retaining.
- 2″ Support Layer – This layer provides responsive comfort and support for the body during sleep, and it is made up of 2″ of 1353 (in a queen) individual micro coils.
- 2″ Cooling Layer – This layer is 2″ of Airlux ventilated foam that allows the air to circulate freely through the mattress and creates a cooler and more comfortable sleeping environment.
- 8″ Support Layer – This layer is 8″ of Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils that provide support for the mattress and deep compression support for the body during sleep. The entire layer is zoned to provide support to those regions of the body that need it most, and reinforced coils around the edge provide appropriate edge support for the mattress.
As for the exterior, the Oceano mattress has a beautifully designed cover that is stretch-knit and made of highly breathable, soft and smooth plant-based Tencel. This 4-way stretch cover allows you to experience the full benefits of the memory foam comfort layer, while the soft Eurotop with tailored tweed sides, custom handles, and button-tufted upholstery add to its luxurious feel and appearance.
Firmness and Support
The Oceano scores 6 out of 10 for firmness, with 10 being the firmest. Heavier sleepers may press through the top comfort layers and feel a little on the softer side to them and more of the bouncier micro springs in the mattress.
In terms of support, this mattress provides excellent support. It provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support shoulders and hips while having enough firmness to support your back and stomach, which makes it suitable for all sleeping positions.
The micro coil construction and gel memory foam layers provide a pretty high degree of bounce and responsiveness with the Oceano, and 14″ thick design provides good support to heavier sleepers.
The Oceano mattress is a very comfortable. The tufted soft Tencel cover makes a really comfortable sleeping surface, and the combination of the top comfort layer of gel memory foam and micro coil layer provides a very supple and comfortable top layer to the mattress.
The foam and micro coil spring design provides a high level of responsiveness and a degree of bounce to the mattress which can make late night couple’s activities (sex!) quite enjoyable 😉
This mattress, like the Tomorrow Sleep, does not retain heat due to its multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Airlux foam and Tencel top cover. So you won’t get the sticky sweaty feeling that some foam mattresses cause. The hybrid design of this mattress that allows the air to circulate freely through it and will keep you cool and comfortable.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
Again, like the Tomorrow Sleep, the Brentwood Home Oceano mattress does a great job with minimizing sinkage. However, due to its hybrid design, there is a decent amount of this although this largely depends on the weight of the sleepers.
There is a small amount of motion transfer with this mattress. The foam and micro coil construction of the Oceano causes less motion transfer when sleeping and changing positions than the Tomorrow Sleep. Its edge support is solid, and edges do not compress when you sleep close to them.
The Brentwood Home Oceano also gets high marks in this category for not releasing any noticeable smell upon opening the box which many foam mattresses tend to have due to their plastic packages. Its hybrid nature also contributes to minimizing the amount of off-gassing.
- 120 Night Sleep Trial
- 25 Year Warranty
- Handmade in Los Angeles at their own facility
- No questions asked return policy
- Free Shipping
The Oceano is the premium hybrid mattress in Brentwood Home’s mattress lineup coming in at $1495 for a Queen, which is a little bit pricier than the Tomorrow Sleep, but being constructed of the highest quality materials, it is definitely worth your money.
Tomorrow Sleep vs. Brentwood Home Oceano Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Tomorrow Sleep vs. Brentwood Home Oceano mattress.
|Tomorrow Sleep||Brentwood Home Oceano|
|Layers||1″ of 4.8lb Visco Elastic memory foam infused with phase-change temperature regulating material, 2″ of 2.5lb gel infused memory foam, 6″ of pocketed innerspring coils, 1″ of high density base foam||2″ of gel memory foam, 2″ of individual micro coils, 2″ of airlux ventilated foam, 8″ of Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils|
|Coil Count||800 in a Queen||1353 in a Queen|
|Cover||Stretchy mix of polyester and nylon||Stretch-knit exterior cover made of soft plant-based Tencel|
|Firmness||5-6 out of 10||6 out of 10|
|Motion Transfer||Higher than in most memory foam mattresses||Minimal|
|Warranty||10 years||25 years|
|Trial Period||100 days||120 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||No||No questions asked return policy|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose Tomorrow Sleep mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – Memory foam top layer of this mattress provides a good contour to your body and gives you a feeling of hug typical for classic memory foam.
- Breathable mattress – The innerspring coil layer and aerated side support layer allow excellent airflow through the mattress while the gel foam layer in the top comfort layer and the phase-change material in the covers reduce heat retention.
- Mattress with bounce – The support layer made of a pocketed coil system provides a good degree of bounce and prevents sinking too far through memory foam layers.
- Sharing your bed – The Tomorrow Sleep mattress performed well on the motion transfer test, and it is a good choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner as your sleep will not be disturbed by shaking of the mattress when changing positions with your partner or getting in and out of bed during the night.
Choose Brentwood Home Oceano mattress if you like:
- Mattress with excellent support – The Brentwood Home Oceano provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support your shoulders and hips, while also having the firmness necessary for your back and stomach. This makes it ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Mattress with bounce – The micro coil construction and gel memory foam layers of this mattress provide a high degree of bounce and responsiveness.
- Cool sleeping mattress – The Brentwood Home Oceano sleeps quite cool due to the multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Airlux foam, and wool / Tencel top cover.
- Sharing your bed – The Oceano is a good choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner. The micro coil and foam construction of this mattress causes less motion transfer when sleeping and changing positions with your partner during the night.