WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid Mattress Review
In this review, we take a look at the WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid, another great hybrid mattress coming from WinkBeds online mattress company.
WinkBeds is known for their premium mattresses made of the highest-quality materials that are built to last and the EcoCloud Hybrid is no exception either.
The EcoCloud is an amazing latex/coil hybrid engineered with 100% natural, organic materials including natural Talalay latex, New Zealand wool, and organic cotton.
With its 13″ thick design and all-natural, highest-quality materials, it is one of the healthiest and most comfortable mattresses available out there, but how well would it work for you?
Read our review of the WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress, see what are our opinions and experiences sleeping on it, and find out whether it will be the right pick for you. Review updated [Last modified]
Construction and Materials
The WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress is a 13″ coil/latex hybrid made up of 2 layers of latex foam and springs encased in a luxurious very attractive and soft exterior.
- 4″ Talalay Latex Top Comfort Layer – This layer is 4″ of premium Talalay latex that is textured and zoned to provide firmer support for the lower back and lumbar region and softer support in the shoulder and hip region. It relieves pressure points, has a nice degree of bounce and quick response to pressure, and also helps dissipate excess body heat to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
- 5 Zone Individually Wrapped Innerspring Support Layer – This layer is made of individually wrapped steel coils designed to provide targeted pushback support for heavier areas of the body and even weight distribution. It also allows greater airflow through the mattress and aids in cooling.
- Extra-Edge Anti-Sag Support System – This is an anti-sag system that features innerspring that are firmer along the edges to prevent sagging and enhance the edge support. It increases the overall stability and durability of this mattress.
The cover of the WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid is soft and luxurious, made from 100% organic cotton and sustainable New Zealand wool known for its natural cooling properties. The cover is breathable and will ensure that you sleep cool, clean, and dry throughout the whole night.
Is the WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid Mattress Right for You?
Buy the WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress if you like:
- Eco-friendly mattresses – The WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid is, as its very name says, an eco-friendly mattress made of all-natural, organic materials including 100% natural Talalay latex, New Zealand wool, and organic cotton.
- Mattresses that sleep cool – This mattress sleeps quite cool due to its hybrid construction featuring pocketed coil system, which allows greater airflow through the mattress and the use of a latex layer and New Zealand wool both known for their thermoregulating and cooling properties.
- Buoyant mattresses – The EcoCloud offers a lot of bounce and responsiveness due to the use of the pocketed coil system and a layer made of a natural Talalay latex that is naturally responsive and buoyant.
- Supportive mattresses – If you are a heavier sleeper and you need a supportive mattress, the EcoCloud may be a perfect pick for you. Its zoned construction offers enough support for any sleeping position and the right amount of comfort and support to those areas of your body where it is needed most.
- Durable mattresses – This mattress is made of durable materials such as the highest quality pocketed coils made of tempered steel, natural Talalay latex, wool, and cotton. These materials combined with the bed’s special anti-sag system prevent sagging and provide greater stability and durability to the mattress.
You might not like the WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress if:
- You don’t like mattresses with a lot of bounce – As we have already mentioned, the EcoCloud Hybrid mattress offers a lot of bounce and responsiveness due to the use of a pocketed coil system and natural latex which may cause some motion transfer.
Firmness & Support
The WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress comes in only one firmness option designed to appeal to a wide range of sleepers with different needs and sleep preferences.
It is a medium-firm mattress and we felt it to be somewhere around a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest). The company rates the mattress a bit softer in a range you can see below.
With most mattresses, as I am significantly heavier than Kaye (230 lbs vs. 115 lbs), I tend to press through the top comfort layers and feel more of the firmer support layers which are often hard and not so comfortable.
However, this was not the case with EcoCloud. Being that its top comfort layer is 4″ thick and made of latex, which provides more response and pushback than other foams, this mattress provides more of the “floating on top feeling” rather than “sleeping inside” the mattress.
All this combined with the pocketed coil system worked perfectly well to lift and support my heavy weight and our weights combined as a couple with ease and distribute them evenly across the bed.
So, in terms of support, the WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress does a really good job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions and for all types of sleepers, particularly heavier sleepers.
We are primarily side sleepers and we like mattresses that have enough give in the top comfort layer to cradle our shoulders and hips and relieve pressure points, while also having the firmness if we switch to our stomachs and backs.
I felt good support in my shoulders and hips when sleeping on this mattress, although the top latex comfort layer and coils tended to make it a little stiffer feel for me than I usually like.
It is soft enough to be comfortable but still supportive as it didn’t cause me to sink too far down into the mattress at all, causing hip or shoulder pain which some softer mattresses tend to do.
The pocketed coil system with the anti-sag system and latex layer really provide a high degree of bounce and responsiveness, and the nice thick 13″ design supports heavier sleepers such as myself quite well. Be sure to also check out our latest article, WinkBeds mattress review.
The WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress is very comfortable with a soft cover made of organic New Zealand wool, the natural latex layer, and individually pocketed coils.
They all work together to provide an ideal balance of pressure-relieving comfort and support necessary for all sleeping positions and all types of sleepers, particularly heavier sleepers such as myself.
As this is a coil/latex hybrid, it won’t cause you to sink down in it like traditional memory foam, so you will get the feeling of sleeping more “on top” of the mattress rather than inside it.
Because of its hybrid nature using pocketed coils and latex layer, this mattress has a lot of bounce and responsiveness which can make late-night adult entertainment (sex) quite favorable.
The WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress does a great job at not sleeping hot at all due to the special materials and construction used.
The combination of a natural latex layer known for its cooling properties and pocketed coil system allows this mattress to sleep quite cool. The pocketed coil system allows the air to circulate freely through the mattress while the natural latex layer helps dissipate excess body heat.
The soft and breathable cover of this mattress features the New Zealand wool know for its thermoregulating properties. It allows greater airflow through the mattress and aids in temperature regulation and cooling.
Sinkage & Motion Transfer
This luxurious hybrid does a good job of preventing excessive sinkage and motion transfer, especially compared to most mattresses we have reviewed.
As we always preach, sinkage and motion transfer are largely weight dependent and the fact that I weigh around 230 lbs tends to have a rather large bearing on the degree of sinkage I experience when sitting and lying on a mattress. Kaye, on the other hand, experiences much less sinkage due to her much lighter weight.
The WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid with its nice 13″ thick design, a natural latex layer, and highest quality pocketed coil system does a very good job of preventing excessive sinkage.
It did not cause me to sink too much at all and lifted my heavy body weight and our combined weights as a couple with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed.
Edge support is also excellent with this mattress and better than in most other mattresses we have reviewed. The top-quality mattress features a special Anti-Sag system that prevents compressing the edges too much when sitting or lying near them.
I slept near the edge at a time to test this and did not experience any of the “rolling off” edges sensation or have them compressed under my weight.
Motion transfer was a little bit more present than in most foam mattresses we have reviewed, which is, again, due to the hybrid nature of this mattress and the use of a naturally buoyant latex layer. However, it wasn’t very bad and didn’t interfere with our sleep.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The WinkBeds EcoCloud had no off-gassing smell when we opened the box due to its hybrid construction which excludes the use of traditional memory foam known for its off-gassing smell. So, EcoCloud gets high marks in this category too.
WinkBeds offers above-average customer service offerings which are rarely offered by other mattress retailers. This includes:
- 120-Night Sleep Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in America at their Wisconsin plant
- Free Shipping and Returns
The WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress comes in at $1699, which may seem to be a bit pricey, but this is a reasonable price given the premium materials used in the construction of this mattress and the overall comfort and support that it provides.
The WinkBeds EcoCloud is a great eco-friendly coil/latex hybrid mattress built of the highest-quality, natural materials and it comes with some great features.
The coil/latex hybrid design of this mattress provides good comfort and support for all sleeping styles and all types of sleepers, including heavier sleepers such as myself.
The combination of the strong pocketed coil system with the latex layer provides a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness which gives you the feeling of “sleeping on top” of a mattress rather than inside it.
This also facilitates changing positions and getting in and out of bed during the night and makes this mattress perfect for sex.
There is some motion transfer, but that is to be expected due to the innerspring construction and the use of a naturally buoyant latex. Low sinkage and great edge support also add to the high marks.
The mattress also sleeps quite cool due to its hybrid design and the use of latex and New Zealand wool known for its natural cooling properties.
All in all, this is a great mattress for a great price. We hope this review of the WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid mattress helps you out in your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know!
WinkBeds EcoCloud Hybrid
Construction / Materials9.4/10
Firmness & Support9.4/10
Sinkage & Motion Transfer8.8/10
Smell / Off-Gassing9.4/10
- Super luxurious
- Supports heavier sleepers
- Sleeps cool
- Anti-sag system
- Zoned support
- Some motion transfer
- A bit pricey