Sweet Night Twilight Mattress Review
Sweet Night is a direct-to-consumer mattress company that sells mattresses and other sleep products such as pillows, bed frames, and bedding at budget-friendly prices.
The company currently offers five mattresses: two all-foam models and three hybrids. In this review, we take a look at the Sweet Night Twilight mattress.
Labor Day Sale
Use the link below to go to Sweet Night site and get the following discounts:
35% OFF Tranquil Adjustable Beds and Toppers (Use code: SALES)
Between 17% and 30% OFF + 2 Free Pillows for Bundles
15% OFF Mattresses, Pillows, and Mattress Protectors! (Use code: LABOR: the code does not apply to bundles)
Get 15% off your purchase with our coupon! (Use code: MFTALK)
The Twilight is an interesting hybrid mattress. Although it is not a luxury mattress like some other hybrid mattresses that we have reviewed here, it offers a nice level of firmness and will work perfectly for back and stomach sleepers.
It provides just the right amount of support for these sleeping positions while it also sleeps quite cool due to the special cooling technologies used in its construction.
Besides this, it also comes in two thickness options: 10″ and 12″, so you can choose a thickness that works best for you.
Read our full review to see what we think about this interesting foam/coil hybrid, and why it may be the right choice for your next mattress purchase! (Review updated)
Is the Sweet Night Twilight Right for You?
Buy the Sweet Night Twilight if you like:
- You are a back or stomach sleeper – The Sweet Night Twilight mattress falls more on the firmer side of the spectrum, which makes it perfect for stomach and back sleepers. It provides just the right amount of support needed for these sleeping positions and can work perfectly for heavier sleepers as well.
- Mattresses that sleep cool – Various cooling and breathable foam layers used in the construction of this mattress work with the pocketed coil system and special breathable cover to disperse excess body heat, prevent its build-up and keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
- Supportive mattresses – This mattress features high-density foams foam and individually wrapped coils for enhanced spinal support. It will provide just the right amount of support to those body areas where it is needed the most.
You might not like the Sweet Night Twilight mattress if:
- You don’t like the bounce and responsiveness in a mattress – This mattress is a foam/coil hybrid, which has a lot of bounce and responsiveness. If you don’t like buoyant mattresses that are likely to cause a little motion transfer, this mattress may not be the best choice for you.
- You don’t like mattresses with a firmer feel – This mattress falls more on the firmer side and provides the feeling of floating on top rather than sleeping the mattress, so it might not be the right choice for you if you prefer mattresses with a plusher feel.
Construction and Materials
The Sweet Night Twilight mattress comes in two thickness options: 10″ and 12″, but both options have the same basic construction, which includes the following layers:
- Air-Flow High-Density Foam Layer – The top comfort layer of this mattress is made of the special Air-Flow High-Density Foam designed to conform to your body shape and provide you with incredible pressure relief. It also promotes greater airflow through the mattress, proper spinal alignment, and provides head-to-toe comfort.
- Gel Memory Foam Layer – This layer is made of gel memory foam designed to be more breathable than the traditional memory foam. It will mold to your body, provide pressure relief and prevent the build-up of excessive body heat to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
- Air-Flow High-Density Foam Layer – Here we have another layer of the special Air-Flow High-Density Foam. This layer promotes greater airflow through the mattress, helps distribute body weight evenly across the bed, and prevents sagging and rolling. It acts as a transition layer between the top comfort layers of foam and the firmer pocketed coil layer beneath.
- Pocketed Coil Layer – This layer is made of individually wrapped pocketed steel coils that promote ventilation and airflow and provide exceptional comfort and support for proper spinal alignment. It also helps isolate motion transfer between the partners to prevent sleep disturbance.
The Sweet Night Twilight mattress has a very nice and soft exterior cover made of plushy knitted cotton that will make you feel like sleeping on a fluffy cloud. The cover is highly breathable, resistant to dust mites, and hypoallergenic.
Firmness & Support
The Sweet Night Twilight is a nice foam and pocketed coil hybrid and is offered in only one firmness option, which we rate around a 7 out of 10 (10 being the firmest).
Most mattresses with thinner top comfort layers and pocketed coil layers feel firm to me as I am significantly heavier than Kaye (230 lbs vs. 115 lbs) and tend to press through the top comfort layers and feel more of the bouncier coil layer.
Although we felt the Twilight was more on the firmer side, this wasn’t due to us sinking through the top comfort layers and coming to rest on the firm pocketed coil system beneath.
The mattress features high-density foams in its construction, which work together with the pocketed coil layer to give this mattress a nice firmness that works perfectly for back and stomach sleepers.
These layers prevented us from sinking too much into the mattress and feeling the bouncy pocketed coil springs. They did a great job of supporting my heavy weight and prevented me from compressing them totally.
The pocketed coil design of this mattress supported my heavier weight and our combined weights with ease without causing too much pain or stiffness we usually experience with firmer mattresses.
We are primarily side sleepers, and we like the mattresses that have enough give in the top comfort layers to cradle our shoulders and hips and prevent the appearance of pressure points, while also having the firmness necessary to support our bodies if we switch to our stomachs and backs.
The Twilight does a good job at providing comfort in the top foam layers and support with the coil layer beneath. It is soft enough to be comfortable but still supportive as it doesn’t allow me to sink too far down into the mattress and feel enveloped by it or feel hip or shoulder pain or any other discomfort.
So, in terms of support, this mattress does a really good job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions.
As mentioned, the Twilight mattress falls more on the firmer side, but regardless of that, it is quite comfortable.
Its soft knitted cover provides a really pleasant and comfortable sleeping surface, while the top comfort layer, gel memory foam layer, transition layer, and pocketed coil layer below offer a nice balance of comfort and support.
Besides this, the combination of the breathable and moisture-wicking cover with the various breathable and cooling foam layers and pocketed coils also makes this mattress sleep cooler than most other mattresses we have reviewed, so a cool and rejuvenating sleep is guaranteed.
And, as high-density foam and coils provide a high level of responsiveness and a degree of bounce to the mattress they facilitate moving around in bed and make late-night adult entertainment quite favorable.
The Sweet Night Twilight sleeps pretty cool due to the use of multiple layers of special cooling foam, pocketed coils, and a breathable knitted cover.
They all work together to allow the air to circulate freely through this mattress and prevent the build-up of heat. The cover is also effective in wicking moisture which is why we did not get that annoying sticky sweaty feeling that most all-foam mattresses usually cause during the night.
Although the Twilight doesn’t feature any luxurious materials in its construction, it slept much cooler than many other mattresses we have tested and didn’t cause us to wake up feeling hot and sticky during the night. This was a big deal for us as a couple living in Texas and it was something we really were thankful for.
Sinkage & Motion Transfer
The Sweet Night Twilight does a great job with sinkage, although there was some amount of motion transfer coming from the pocketed coil layer.
As we always mention, sinkage and motion transfer are largely weight dependent, and the fact that I weigh around 230 lbs tends to have a rather large bearing on the degree of sinkage I experience when sitting and lying on a mattress. Kaye who is half my weight experiences much less sinkage.
The special high-density foam used in the construction of this mattress combined with its sturdy pocketed coil system did a great job of supporting my heavy weight and distributing it evenly across the bed.
It is true that I compressed the top comfort layer to a certain degree, but the gel foam layer below, combined with the high-density air foam layer and pocketed coils prevented me from sinking too much into the mattress and feel enveloped by it.
They worked together to lift my heavy body weight and our combined weight sleeping as a couple with ease, and they didn’t make Kaye experience her well-known feel of “sinking into a hole” that often happens with lower quality mattresses.
Edge support is very good with this mattress due to the sturdy pocketed coil system and the layer of the special Air Flow High-Density Foam that prevents sagging and rolling.
I slept near the edge at times to test this and did not experience any of the “rolling off” the edges or had them compressed under my weight.
As for motion transfer, there was a decent amount of it as to be expected from a hybrid coil mattress which provides more bounce than an all-foam mattress due to the innerspring coils in its construction.
However, we didn’t feel much disruption in our sleep by the shaking of the mattress when we changed positions or got in and out of bed during the night.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Twilight gets high marks in this category for not having much of a noticeable smell upon opening the box. The hybrid coil/foam construction of this mattress minimized the degree of off-gassing that all foam mattresses usually have.
The company recommends that you give your new mattress at least 72 hours to air out and expand fully. Any smell that is present will dissipate during this time.
Sweet Night provides pretty much the standard customer service offerings you can expect from a “Bed-In-A-Box” online mattress retailer which include:
- 100-night Trial Period
- 10-year Warranty
- Made in America
- Free Shipping & Returns
- Click here to save money on the purchase of the Sweet Night Twilight mattress!
The Sweet Night mattresses are some of the most reasonably priced mattresses out there and the Twilight is no exception either. It comes in at an incredibly budget-friendly price and sells for only $498 for a Queen, while the 12″ version is priced slightly higher and comes in at $588 for a Queen.
The Sweet Night Twilight mattress is an interesting hybrid coil/foam mattress that provides the benefits of both innerspring and memory foam mattresses and comes in at more than a reasonable price.
It offers excellent support for back and stomach sleepers and heavier sleepers like myself as it distributes their weight evenly across the bed and prevents them from sinking too deep into the mattress.
Although the Twilight offers a somewhat firmer feel, it also offers enough comfort in its top comfort layers to prevent the appearance of pressure points, stiffness, and any other kind of discomfort.
There is also a higher degree of bounce and responsiveness coming from its hybrid coil design which facilitates changing positions and moving around in bed during the night, but which also causes some motion transfer. However, this is nothing too extreme and won’t interfere with your sleep.
The Twilight also sleeps rather cool due to its special gel memory foam layer, layers of breathable Air Flow High-Density Foam, pocketed coil layer, and the soft and breathable cover which allows greater airflow through the mattress wicks away moisture, and creates a comfortable sleeping surface that is cool and pleasant to the touch.
All in all, the Twilight is a great hybrid bed that comes in at a budget-friendly price and can work perfectly for back and stomach sleepers and those who prefer mattresses with a firmer feel. We hope that our review can help you in your next mattress purchase decision!
Sweet Night Twilight Mattress
Construction / Materials9.4/10
Firmness & Support9.3/10
Sinkage & Motion Transfer9.0/10
Smell / Off-Gassing9.3/10
- Great for back and stomach sleepers
- Great bounce
- Sleeps cool
- Some motion transfer