Sweet Night Sunkiss Mattress Review
Sweet Night is a direct-to-consumer mattress company that sells mattresses and other sleep products such as pillows, bed frames, and bedding at budget-friendly prices.
As mentioned, the company currently offers five mattresses: two all-foam models and three hybrids. In this review, we take a look at the Sweet Night Sunkiss mattress.
Labor Day Sale
Use the link below to go to Sweet Night site and get the following discounts:
35% OFF Tranquil Adjustable Beds and Toppers (Use code: SALES)
Between 17% and 30% OFF + 2 Free Pillows for Bundles
15% OFF Mattresses, Pillows, and Mattress Protectors! (Use code: LABOR: the code does not apply to bundles)
Get 15% off your purchase with our coupon! (Use code: MFTALK)
Unlike the Twilight, which is a foam/coil hybrid, the Sunkiss is an interesting two-sided all-foam mattress that features various cooling foams in its construction for a cooler and more comfortable night’s sleep and that comes in at more than an affordable price.
The Sunkiss is the company’s most popular memory foam mattress and it is the best mattress for those who are not sure what firmness level they need and for accommodation providers who want to meet all sleeping preferences of their guests.
Read our review to see what we think about this great all-foam mattress, what are our experiences sleeping on it, and find out how well it could work for you. (Review updated)
Is the Sweet Night Sunkiss Right for You?
Buy the Sweet Night Sunkiss Mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – The Sweet Night Sunkiss mattress is made entirely of special foam layers which will hug and mold to your body to provide you with incredible comfort and relieve your pressure points.
- Supportive mattresses – This mattress features advanced zoned technology for enhanced spine support. Its Air-flow Open-cell Foam layer is separated into 3 zones and designed to provide the right amount of support to those areas of your body where it is needed the most.
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The Sunkiss mattress uses various cooling technologies such as gel-infused, ventilated, and open-cell foams and an incredibly soft and breathable cover that prevents the build-up of heat and creates an optimal level of comfort necessary for a restorative night’s sleep.
- Flippable mattresses – The Sunkiss could be an excellent choice for you if you are not sure which firmness level is right for you as it gives you the possibility to go from a soft to a firm feel in the same bed simply by turning the mattress over.
You might not like the Sweet Night Sunkiss Mattress if:
- You like the feeling of sleeping on top of a mattress – The Sweet Night Sunkiss will allow your body to sink into it to a certain degree and if you like the feeling of sleeping on top of a mattress rather than inside it, then this mattress may not be the right pick for you.
- You don’t like the feel of memory foam – This is an all-foam mattress made entirely of proprietary foams. If you don’t like the feel of hug and contour that memory foam provides, then this mattress may not be a perfect choice for you.
Construction and Materials
The Sweet Night Sunkiss mattress comes in two thickness options just like the Twilight: 10″ and 12″. Here again, both options have the same basic construction, which includes the following layers:
- Cooling Gel-Infused Memory Foam Layer – The top comfort layer of this mattress is made of the cooling gel-infused memory foam designed to mold to your body to provide pressure relief, disperse excessive body heat and prevent its build-up for a cooler and more comfortable night’s sleep.
- Ventilate Comfort Foam Layer – This layer is made of the special Ventilate Comfort Foam designed to conform to your body shape, provide pressure relief and allow greater airflow through the mattress.
- 3 Zoned Air-flow Open-cell Comfort Foam Layer – This unique layer is made of the Air-flow Open-cell Foam that features 3 zones and that is designed to provide just the right amount of support to those areas of your body where it is needed the most. It offers perfect medium-firm support and cloud-like comfort. It will keep your spine properly aligned regardless of your preferred sleeping position and help alleviate back pain.
- Supportive High-Density Base Foam Layer – This layer is made of high-density foam that provides support and serves as the foundation for the layers above. It strengthens edge-to-edge support, prevents sagging and rolling, and improves the overall durability and stability of the mattress.
The Sweet Night Sunkiss mattress has an incredibly soft and breathable rayon cotton cover that offers a nice plush feel to the top of the mattress and that prevents bedsheets from slipping.
It is highly breathable and will allow the air to circulate freely through the mattress and aid in cooling. The cover is moisture-wicking and will prevent nighttime sweating and it is also hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
If you want to wash the cover, this won’t be a problem at all as this cover is also removable and washable, so you can simply unzip it, remove it and wash it in your washing machine whenever it is necessary.
Firmness & Support
The Sweet Night Sunkiss allows you to choose the firmness level simply by flipping the mattress over. You don’t have to unzip the cover in order to adjust the layers and your firmness level, but just turn the mattress over.
We felt the softer side to be around a 5.5 on a firmness scale (10 being the firmest), while the firmer side offers a somewhat firmer feel and falls around 7 out of 10 (10 being the firmest).
The company has their own firmness scale where they rate this mattress in the range you can see from the graphic given below that you can find on the company’s website.
Personally, I prefer mattresses with a medium-firm feel that mold to my hips and shoulders and prevent the appearance of pressure points, stiffness or any other kind of discomfort so I felt the softer side of the Sunkiss worked perfectly for me.
Kaye generally prefers mattresses with a firmer feel and she felt the firmer side of this mattress worked better for her.
But, regardless of which side we chose to sleep on, the Sweet Night Sunkiss provided us with excellent support and did a great job at supporting both my heavier weight as well as Kaye’s lighter weight, without making us feel “trapped in foam”.
The softer side of the Sunkiss may be great for side sleepers, while the firmer side may be great for back and stomach sleepers who need more support from a mattress. It can also be perfect for those who suffer from back pain.
So, in terms of support, the Sunkiss, having two sides, does a good job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions. We felt both sides did a great job of supporting both our individual and combined weights sleeping as a couple.
They lifted them with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed, while they also provided enough give to cradle our hips and shoulders and prevent the appearance of pressure points.
The Sweet Night Sunkiss mattress is quite comfortable, especially because it is a two-sided mattress that comes with two different firmness options in one mattress, so you can choose what suits you better simply by flipping the mattress over.
The softer gel-infused layer, ventilation foam, and the plush cover provide a comfortable and cool sleeping environment on one side, while the zoned layer and the support and base foam layer below work to support and contour your body during sleep and also provide a firmer feel when you flip your mattress over.
The layers of special foam used in the construction of this mattress deliver a perfect blend of pressure relief, support, and cooling and allow a truly comfortable night’s sleep.
As mentioned, the soft gel-infused layer and the layer of ventilated foam mold to your body, provide good pressure support and work together with the soft and breathable cover to allow greater airflow through the mattress, prevent the build-up of excessive body heat and keep you cool during the night.
The somewhat denser zoned layer and base layer provide the proper body alignment for all sleeping styles and all types of sleepers, prevent you from bottoming out and feeling trapped in foam, and they also make up the firmer side of this mattress.
All taken together, the Sweet Night Sunkiss mattress has that classic memory foam body contouring and hug feel that we personally enjoy without making you experience that “sinking down into a hole” feel that traditional memory foam mattresses often cause.
In addition, the mattress also has enough responsiveness needed to switch positions during the night and support my heavy body weight with ease, without causing too much movement for Kaye when I get up or move around in bed.
The Sweet Night Sunkiss sleeps pretty cool due to the use of multiple layers of special cooling foam such as the gel-infused memory foam, Ventilated Foam, and Air-flow Open-cell Foam.
They all work together to allow the air to circulate freely through this mattress and prevent the build-up of heat. The cover of this mattress is highly breathable as well and is incredibly cool to touch. It does an excellent job of keeping the mattress cool.
The cover also wicks away moisture and totally eliminates that sticky, sweaty feeling that most all-foam mattresses tend to cause. We did not experience any discomfort that we often experience with lower quality all-foam mattresses, which was something we really were thankful for.
Sinkage & Motion Transfer
Sinkage and motion transfer with the Sweet Night Sunkiss depend on which side of the mattress you choose to sleep.
As sinkage is largely weight-dependent, I sunk down a lot more on the softer side. My heavier weight compressed through the gel-infused memory foam layer more than Kaye did, who is half of my weight.
However, although I compressed the top comfort layer to a certain degree, other layers below worked together to prevent me from sinking even further into the mattress and feel enveloped by it.
They contoured my body and prevented the appearance of pressure points, and they also lifted my heavy body weight and our weights combined sleeping as a couple and distributed them evenly across the bed.
As for the firmer side, it did the same thing, with the only difference being that I didn’t compress the high-density foam on the other side as much as I did the gel-infused memory foam.
The mattress also didn’t cause Kaye to “roll down into me” and make her sleep near the edge because of our weight difference. On the firm side, this was less of an issue due to the support layer doing most of the work supporting the sleeper’s weight.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Sunkiss, just like the Twilight gets high marks in this category for not having much of a noticeable smell upon opening the box.
There was markedly less of the off-gassing that foam mattresses usually have, which was rather surprising to us given its all foam construction. And any smell that was present dissipated pretty quickly, within a few hours.
Sweet Night provides pretty much the standard customer service offerings you can expect from a “Bed-In-A-Box” online mattress retailer which include:
- 100-night Trial Period
- 10-year Warranty
- Made in America
- Free Shipping & Returns
- Click here to save money on the purchase of the Sweet Night Sunkiss mattress!
The Sweet Night mattresses are some of the most reasonably priced mattresses out there and the Sunkiss, just like the Twilight, is no exception either.
It comes in at an incredibly budget-friendly price and sells for only $518 for a Queen, while the 12″ version is currently sold out.
The Sweet Night Sunkiss is a great two-sided all-foam mattress that provides a perfect blend of pressure relief, support, and cooling.
It is the best mattress for those who are not sure what firmness level they need and they can choose what suits them the best simply by flipping the mattress over.
The special foams used in the construction of this mattress offer that classic memory foam feel of body hug and contouring without making you sink too much into the mattress and feel enveloped by foam.
The Sunkiss also provides excellent support for all sleeping styles and sleepers of different weights, sleeps incredibly cool, and has good edge support which is a great feature for couples that share a bed.
We feel that the team behind the Sunkiss really got things right and created a very comfortable and cool sleeping all-foam mattress that delivers excellent support for all types of sleepers and all sleeping styles and some amazing cooling features at a price that is hard to beat!
We hope that our review of this mattress helps you out in your next mattress purchase decision! Feel free to contact us with questions.