Puffy Royal Mattress Review
Our Puffy Royal mattress review takes a look at this new super thick all foam mattress that the company has recently released.
It is an upgraded, modern version of the previous Puffy models that promises to extend their popular existing mattress technology to a bigger, thicker (14″) 5-layered model designed to suit all sleeping styles and all types of sleepers, particularly heavier sleepers and couples.
The mattress combines five layers of special foams to create a nice 14″ thick bed that offers improved pressure relief, advanced airflow and zoned support for a more comfortable night’s sleep
Read our review of the newest Puffy mattress and see what we think about this royal all foam bed that has recently hit the market with some unique technologies and highest-quality materials.
Is the Puffy Royal Mattress Right for You?
Buy the Puffy Royal Mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – The Puffy Royal mattress is, like its predecessors, made entirely of the proprietary designed memory foam which will hug and mold to your body to provide you with incredible comfort and relieve your pressure points.
- Supportive mattresses – This mattress features the advanced technology for enhanced spine support. It is separated into 5 cloud zones and designed to provide customized support to the back and a softer feel for the head, neck, shoulders and feet.
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The Puffy Royal mattress uses various cooling technologies such as infused cooling beads, the unique STM cloud design on the 4th layer which minimizes heat absorption and increases airflow, breathable cover, etc. all of which prevent the build-up of heat and create an optimal level of comfort necessary for a restorative night’s sleep.
You might not like the Puffy Royal Mattress if:
- You like the feeling of sleeping on top of a mattress – The Puffy Royal is a medium-firm all foam mattress that will allow your body to sink into it to a certain degree and if you like the feeling of sleeping on top of a mattress rather than inside it, then this mattress may not be the right pick for you.
- You don’t like the feel of memory foam – This is an all foam mattress made entirely of the proprietary memory foam. If you don’t like the feel of hug and contour that memory foam provides, then this mattress may not be a perfect choice for you. Review updated
Construction and Materials
The Puffy Royal is a 14″ thick mattress made of 5 layers of proprietary designed memory foam:
- 1.5″ Top Cooling layer – The top layer is made of 1.5″ of proprietary foam infused with cooling beads, designed to reduce heat retention and provide a consistent and comfortable sleeping surface.
- 2″ Comfort Layer – This layer is made of 2″ of premium foam designed to contour to your body and provide reflexive bounce to relieve stress and restore your body throughout the night so you can wake up rejuvenated and refreshed every morning.
- 1.5″ Climate-Adaptive Regulation Foam Layer – This layer is made of 1.5″ of special temperature and humidity resistant Climate-Adaptive Regulation Foam designed to provide extraordinary pressure relief on all temperature and humidity levels and combat climate fluctuations which can disrupt a comfortable night’s sleep. It is also resistant to contractions and expansions that often occur from extreme temperatures.
- 2″ Support Layer – This layer is made of 2″ of premium foam that features the unique STM cloud design to minimize heat absorption and increase airflow throughout the mattress.
- 7″ Bottom layer – This layer is made of 7″ of firm core support foam that offers four times the support level of other foam mattresses available online.
The new Puffy Royal mattress is, like the previous Puffy mattress, designed to fit any frame or surface including box springs, slats, flat frames, adjustable frames or even the floor.
It has a breathable and extremely soft cover with a silky, luxury feel to it that works to wick away moisture and heat and provide you with a cool, comfortable and recovering sleep.
The cover is stain resistant so you can easily clean all minor spills and it is also removable and washable. All you need to do is to simply unzip it and gently wash it at home.
Firmness & Support
The Puffy Royal is a universal comfort model, just like the previous two models, which means that it is designed to appeal to a wide range of sleepers with different sleep preferences and we felt it to be around a 7 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest).
As we always preach, firmness is largely weight dependent, and I usually tend to compress the top comfort layers of most mattresses more than Kaye does as I weigh considerably more than she does (230 lbs vs. 115).
Although I compressed the top comfort layers of the Puffy Royal mattress to a certain degree, it supported my heavier weight with ease and distributed it evenly across the bed.
A nice 14″ thick design worked perfectly with the dense foam layers to support my heavy weight and prevent me from sinking too much into the mattress and feel trapped in foam.
In addition, this mattress features a special advanced STM technology which separates the bed into 5 different cloud zones for enhanced spine support. This means that it provides enhanced support for your lumbar and back region and a slightly softer feel under your head, neck, shoulders and feet.
So, in terms of support, the Puffy Royal mattress does a great job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions.
We are primarily side sleepers and we like mattresses that have enough give in the top comfort layers to cradle our shoulders and hips while having enough firmness to keep our spines properly aligned when we turn to our back or stomach and the Puffy Royal has it all.
The Puffy Royal is a super thick and super comfortable mattress. It’s dense foam layers will provide a perfect pressure relief and restore your body while you sleep, while it will also have enough firmness to keep your spine properly aligned and provide you with a comfortable, pain-free night’s sleep.
It will hug and mold to your body and provide you with that classic memory foam feel, but it won’t make you feel stuck in foam. The special foams used in the construction of this mattress will respond to your body and allow you to easily move around and get in and out of bed during the night.
The top comfort layers will work together with the 5 zoned design to provide enhanced spine support, while also offering enough pressure relieving comfort where it is needed.
Therefore, this model like the previous one, is firm enough to be supportive, and yet has the softness necessary for a comfortable sleep. It will make you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud, but it will prevent you from sinking too much in the foam and feel trapped, which some memory foam mattresses are known to do.
Finally, the soft and breathable cover of the Puffy Royal is smooth and pleasant to the touch and it adds to the overall comfort and luxuriousness of this mattress
The softness of the cover combined with the initial soft response from the memory foam layers made our nights truly enjoyable and this feeling was shared by both of us.
The Puffy Royal mattress sleeps quite cool due to the various cooling technologies used in its construction. The top comfort layer of this mattress is infused with special cooling beads which dissipate excessive body heat and prevent its build-up.
In addition, the mattress features the Climate-Adaptive Regulation layer which regulates temperature and humidity to keep you cool and comfortable and prevent overheating and the unique STM cloud design on the 4th layer which works to minimize the retention of heat and increase the airflow through the mattress.
All this combined with the soft and breathable cover, make Puffy Royal mattress sleep incredibly cool. It kept us cool and comfortable throughout the whole night and did not cause overheating and that sticky sweaty feel that some memory foam mattresses are known to cause.
This was of huge importance to us as a couple living in Texas. With this mattress there was no excessive sweating, and we didn’t feel any discomfort.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
As for sinkage and motion transfer, the Puffy Royal mattress does a good job of minimizing the amount of sinkage and motion transfer.
Like we often preach, sinkage and motion transfer are highly dependent on sleeper’s weight. As I weigh more than Kaye, I usually tend to sink down a lot more into mattresses when sitting up on them or on the edge, but this was not the case with the new, super thick Puffy Royal mattress.
It is true that I compressed a bit its top comfort layers, but it didn’t make me sink too much and feel trapped in foam or bottom out and come to rest on the foundation of our bed as it is the cause with some thinner, lower quality all foam mattresses.
The super thick design of the Puffy Royal mattress combined with the highest-quality layers made of the special proprietary foams lifted my heavy body weight and our combined weights as a couple with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed.
It also didn’t cause Kaye to roll into me due to our weight disparity and feel as if she was going to sink into a hole.
This is often a problem with us given our weight differential, and something as a couple we have argued about and had issues with many mattresses since starting our mattress review site, Memory Foam Talk.
Edge support is also great with this mattress and better than in most other all foam mattresses that we have reviewed. I didn’t press all the way down through the mattress when sitting on or near its edge and we didn’t feel any of the “rolling off the edges” sensation.
As for motion transfer, there is no motion transfer with this mattress. A nice 14″ thickness of the Puffy Royal and dense foam layers used in its construction do a great job of eliminating motion transfer.
Just like its predecessor, it is one of the best mattress choices available on today’s market when it comes to reduced motion transfer which makes it ideal for couples. It allows you to easily change positions and get in and out of the bed during the night without disturbing your partner.
Smell / Off-Gassing
There was a small degree of off-gassing / smell with this mattress coming mostly from being compressed during packaging and shipping, but it was nothing too serious when compared to some other mattresses we have reviewed.
Any smell that was present dissipated quickly, within a few hours.
The Puffy company is pretty standard when it comes to their warranty and support offerings. Their customer service includes:
- Lifetime Warranty
- 101 Night Sleep Trial Period
- Free Refunds & Returns
- Free shipping, arrives in 1-3 business days
- Click here and save money on the purchase of this mattress
- Made in the USA
The new Puffy Royal mattress is priced higher than the previous two models and comes in at $2395 for a Queen.
This may seem to be a bit pricey, but it is a good price given the quality materials, the special technologies used in the construction of this mattress and all the luxuriousness and comfort that it provides.
|Size||Puffy Royal||Puffy Lux||Puffy|
The new Puffy Royal mattress is a super thick and super comfortable all foam mattress that comes with some special technologies and cooling features.
It is an universal comfort model that offers a medium firm feel and is designed to suit all sleeping styles and all types of sleepers, including heavier sleepers.
A nice 14″ thickness of this mattress, combined with the 5 zoned design will provide you with the amazing support for your spine and just the right amount of pressure relief where it is needed most.
Its special memory foam infused with cooling beads, a Climate-Adaptive Regulation foam layer and the unique STM cloud design on the 4th layer all work together to minimize the retention of heat, increase airflow through the mattress and keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
The proprietary foams used in the construction of this mattress also do an excellent job of minimizing sinkage and motion transfer which makes it one of the top choices for couples who tend to frequently change positions during the night.
So, if you’re looking for a luxurious all foam mattress that sleeps cool, provides amazing pressure relieving comfort and supports heavier sleepers and/or combined weights for couples, the Puffy Royal may be the right choice for you.