Puffy Lux Hybrid Mattress Review
In this review we take a look at the Puffy Lux Hybrid, another great Puffy mattress that the company has recently released and that comes with an extraordinary design and many special features.
Unlike the previous Puffy models that we have reviewed, this one is a 12″ hybrid mattress that features a combination of the proprietary Puffy foams and highest quality pocketed coils for premium comfort and support.
We are really satisfied with how their all foam models worked for us, but did the Puffy Lux Hybrid manage to meet our expectations? Read our review to find out and see what we think about this new hybrid mattress, how well it worked for our needs and whether it could be the right pick for you. Review updated
Is the Puffy Lux Hybrid Mattress Right for You?
Buy the Puffy Lux Hybrid Mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – This Puffy mattress, just like the previous models that we have reviewed features layers of the proprietary designed foam which will hug and mold to your body to provide you with incredible comfort and relieve your pressure points.
- Supportive mattresses – This mattress combines firm firm core support layer with the high quality Contour-Adapt coils to provide enhanced spinal support necessary for all sleeping positions without causing any pain or discomfort that some mattresses tend to cause.
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress uses various cooling technologies such as Cooling Cloud gel-infused memory foam, Climate-Adaptive Regulation layer, pocketed coil system and breathable cover to prevent the build-up of heat and provide you with a cool and comfortable night’s sleep.
You might not like the Puffy Lux Hybrid Mattress if:
- You don’t like the bounce and responsiveness of hybrid mattresses – The Puffy Lux Hybrid is a hybrid mattress made of multiple foam layers and pocketed coils which work together to give this mattress a lot of bounce and responsiveness.
Construction and Materials
The Puffy Lux Hybrid is a 12″ thick mattress made of multiple layers of proprietary designed memory foam and pocketed coil system:
- Top Cooling layer – The top layer is made of patent pending Cooling Cloud gel-infused memory foam that uses convection and conduction technology to disperse heat away from your body. It is designed to provide greater airflow to the mattress and create a cool sleeping surface. It also provides plush contouring and relieves pressure points.
- Comfort Layer – This layer is made of Plush Dual Cloud Comfort foam designed to contour to your body, relieve pressure points, and provide you with a peaceful and relaxing night’s sleep.
- Climate-Adaptive Regulation Foam Layer – This layer is made of special temperature and humidity resistant Climate-Adaptive Regulation Foam designed to provide extraordinary pressure relief on all temperature and humidity levels and combat climate fluctuations which can disrupt a comfortable night’s sleep. It is also resistant to contractions and expansions that often occur from extreme temperatures and serves as a transition layer between softer top comfort layers and a firm pocketed coil layer below.
- Pocketed Coil Layer – This layer is made of high quality Contour-Adapt Coils that combine with the firm core support layer to provide extraordinary support and keep your spine properly aligned in all sleeping positions. It also serves as foundations for the layers above, allows greater airflow through the mattress, aids in cooling and provides greater durability and stability to the mattress.
The new Puffy Lux Hybrid, just like the previous all foam Puffy Lux mattress, has a breathable and extremely soft cover with a silky, luxury feel to it that works to wick away moisture and heat and provide you with a cool, comfortable and recovering sleep that you need.
Firmness & Support
The Puffy Lux Hybrid is a universal comfort model designed to appeal to a wide range of sleepers with different sleep preferences and we felt it to be around a 7,5 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest), so it is more on the firmer side.
Puffy has their own firmness scale on their site and they rate this mattress in a range you can see below.
As we always preach, firmness is largely weight dependent, and I usually compress the top comfort layers of most mattresses more than Kaye does as I weigh considerably more than she does (230lbs vs. 115).
It is true that I compressed the softer top comfort layer of the Puffy Lux Hybrid to a certain degree, but the slightly firmer transition layer and firm and supportive coils below did a great job of lifting my heavy weight and our weights combined as a couple and distributed them evenly across the bed.
It provided us with excellent support in all sleeping positions and although it is more on a firm side, it didn’t cause the appearance of pressure points, numbness in our shoulders and hips or any other kind of discomfort that firmer mattresses usually tend to cause.
The dense foam layers on the top of this mattress will provide you with enough cushioning and that classic memory foam feel while the pocketed coil system in combination with these foam layers will provide the right amount of support to those areas of your body where it is needed most.
So, in terms of support the Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress does a great job of providing a excellent support needed for all sleeping positions and all sleeping styles. It will provide you with a balanced support and contouring and comfortable and pain-free night’s sleep.
Just like the Puffy Lux, this hybrid is a rather comfortable mattress. Its Cooling Cloud, Plush Cloud and Climate-Adaptive layers are designed to relax you and provide you with a cool and comfortable sleeping surface as well as eliminate stress and strain from your body.
The top comfort layers of the Puffy Lux Hybrid work together with the Climate-Adaptive Regulation layer and special pocketed coil system to keep your spine aligned while cradling your body and preventing any pressure points during sleep.
The Puffy Lux Hybrid will provide you with a perfect balance of comfort and support. This means that it has just enough softness in the top comfort layers to cushion and cradle your body and prevent the appearance of pressure points regardless of which position you choose to sleep in, while it is also firm enough to be supportive and keep your spine naturally aligned throughout the whole night.
It will allow you to sink into it to a certain degree to make you feel cushioned and comfortable, but it won’t make you feel trapped in foam. The slightly firmer transition layer and pocketed coils will stop you from sinking too much into the mattress and feeling enveloped by it.
Thanks to this, the Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress also has enough bounce and responsiveness to allow you to easily change positions during the night and get in and out of bed. This also makes the bed perfect for sex.
Finally, its soft and breathable cover has a silky feel to it which adds to the overall comfort and luxuriousness of this mattress as well.
Be sure to also read our latest on the Puffy Royal Hybrid Mattress.
The Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress does an excellent job of sleeping cool. The Cooling Cloud gel-infused layer prevents the build-up of heat and regulates the temperature of your body to create an optimal level of comfort while the Climate-Adaptive Regulation layer regulates temperature and humidity to prevent overheating.
In addition, the pocketed coils allow greater airflow through the mattress and work with a thin and breathable cover to keep you cool throughout the night.
It worked pretty well for us and helped eliminate the problem of sleeping hot that we often experience as a couple living in Texas. We didn’t sweat too much and feel any other kind of discomfort or stickiness that is usually present with all foam mattresses with no cooling technologies and with hybrid mattresses featuring memory foam in their top comfort layers.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
Like we often preach, sinkage and motion transfer are highly weight dependent and as I weigh more than Kaye, I usually tend to sink down a lot more into mattresses when sitting up on them or on the edge.
I tend to compress the soft top comfort layers of most mattresses and feel more of the firm support layers below which are hard and not so comfortable. However, this was not the case with the Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress. It did a great job with minimizing the amount of sinkage, especially when compared to most other hybrid mattresses that we have reviewed.
It is true that I compressed its top comfort layer to a certain degree, but they didn’t cause me to sink too much into the mattress and feel the firm pocketed coils beneath or feel trapped in foam.
Kaye didn’t experience the same amount of sinkage as I did given that she’s half my weight, and she also didn’t roll towards me or feel as if she was going to sink into a hole as it is often the case with other mattresses.
A nice 12″ thick design of this mattress combined with its dense foam layers and supportive pocketed coil system did a great job at preventing excessive sinkage. Just like we have already mentioned, the mattress lifted my heavy weight and our combined weights sleeping as a couple with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed.
Edge support was also excellent with this mattress. I compressed its top comfort layers a bit when sitting or lying near the edges, but a dense transition layer and pocketed coil system stopped me from compressing the edges even further. We also didn’t experience that well known sliding sensation that is seen in lower quality all-foam mattresses.
As this Puffy model has thick layers of durable foams just like the previous Puffy Lux, there is almost no motion transfer. This bed does an amazing job of isolating vibrations and making any movement almost unnoticeable regardless of its pocketed coil system.
Smell / Off-Gassing
There was a small degree of off-gassing / smell with this mattress coming mostly from being compressed during packaging and shipping, but it was nothing overpowering when compared to some other mattresses we have reviewed.
Any smell that was present dissipated pretty quickly so we give the Puffy Lux Hybrid good marks in this category.
The Puffy company is pretty standard when it comes to their warranty and support offerings. Their customer service includes:
- 101-Night Sleep Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free shipping
- Free Refunds & Returns
- Made in the USA
- Save money on the purchase of the Puffy Lux Hybrid by clicking on this link
The Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress comes in at $1495 for a Queen, which is a reasonable price given the premium materials used in its construction and the overall comfort and luxuriousness that it offers.
The new Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress is an interesting hybrid mattress that comes with some extraordinary features. The team behind this mattress did a great job and created an amazing new hybrid that is unlike anything else we have tried out so far.
It is a universal comfort model is designed to appeal to a wide variety of sleepers with different needs and sleep preferences. Its patent pending gel infused memory foam layer combined with Plush Cloud, new Climate-Adaptive Regulation foam and pocketed coil layer does a good job at providing balanced support and pressure relief necessary for a comfortable and pain-free night’s sleep.
The proprietary foams used in the design of this mattress work with the pocketed coil system to provide extraordinary cooling and reduce the amount of sinkage and motion transfer which makes it one of the top choices for those who tend to sleep hot and frequently change positions during the night.
If you’re looking for an interesting hybrid mattress that comes with a nice 12″ thick design and some amazing cooling features, for a mattress that works well for heavier sleepers too, then you should look no further from the Puffy Lux Hybrid.
We hope our review of the new Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress helps you during your next mattress purchase!
Puffy Lux Hybrid
Construction / Materials9.4/10
Firmness & Support9.3/10
Sinkage & Motion Transfer9.2/10
Smell / Off-Gassing9.2/10
- Nice 12" thick design
- Sleeps cool
- May be too firm for sleepers who prefer mattresses with a softer feel