Naturepedic Eos Classic Mattress Review
In this review we take a look at the Naturepedic Eos Classic, an all natural, organic bed in a box mattress coming from Naturepedic, one of the leading online mattress companies specialized in organic mattresses and bedding.
The Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress is a 12” organic mattress that features latex, organic wool batting, plant-based PLA material, cotton and pocketed coils in its construction.
It can be fully customized to accommodate couples that share the mattress and the company also allows you to choose what you want in your mattress and have either latex on top or springs if you have latex allergy. In such case, Naturepedic will replace the top latex layer with micro coils that will totally adjust to the unique curves of your body.
The Naturpedic Eos Classic promises to deliver a luxurious sleep by offering soft support with a touch of bounce and using only the finest materials at a good price.
This in-depth review of the Naturpedic Eos Classic mattress evaluates all of the criteria we use to determine what constitutes a good mattress, which includes firmness / support, comfort, sleeping hot, and other features as outlined below.
Read our review to see what we think about this new luxury hybrid mattress that just hit the market! Review updated
Is the Naturepedic Eos Classic Mattress Right for You?
Buy the Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress if you like:
- Eco-friendly materials – The Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress is made of all natural, eco-friendly materials such as organic latex, cotton. plant-based PLA material and wool batting, without petroleum-based polyurethane foam, toxic flame retardants, dangerous pesticides, and without risk from volatile chemicals and gasses.
- Supportive and comfortable mattress – This mattress provides a good support from the pocketed coil layer and latex layer which work together with the soft quilted cover to provide enough comfort and sensation of floating.
- Mattress with bounce – The combination of latex and innerspring coils used in the mattress construction creates a pretty large degree of bounce.
You might not like the Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress if:
- You don’t like the feeling of sleeping on top of a mattress – The Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress is a latex/coil hybrid which provides the feel of sleeping on top of a mattress rather than inside it, so, if you prefer mattresses with a softer feel that will hug and mold to your body, then this mattress may not be the right pick for you.
- You don’t like the bounce and responsiveness of hybrid mattresses – As we have already mentioned the Naturepedic Eos Classic is a latex/coil hybrid which makes it have a lot more bounce than other memory foam/coil hybrids or all foam mattresses. If you don’t like bouncy mattresses that are likely to cause a little motion transfer, the Naturepedic Eos Classic may not be the best choice for you.
Construction and Materials
The Naturepedic Eos Classic is a 12″ hybrid made of certified organic latex, cotton and wool batting, plant-based PLA material, and premium pocketed coils all wrapped with the highest-quality cover. It consists of the following layers:
- Quilt – The soft and breathable cover of this mattress is quilted with organic wool batting and soft PLA material. Wool wicks away moisture, serves as a natural fire barrier, and is known for its ability to regulate temperature and keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. In addition, it gives a nice bounce to the mattress and provides cushioning support for the body. PLA is a high-performance fiber that adds to the resiliency of the mattress and improves moisture wicking properties for a more comfortable night’s sleep.
- 3″ Organic Latex Comfort Layer – This layer is 3″ of organic latex wrapped in the soft organic cotton fabric. The all natural latex provides durable and yet cool and contouring sleep surface and responsiveness to the mattress.
- 8″ Support Layer – This layer is 8″ of individually wrapped glueless support coils that provide full body contouring, minimize motion transfer, and ensure full body support and proper spinal alignment. The coils also offer a nice amount of bounce and responsiveness, allow greater airflow through the mattress and aid in heat dissipation.
- Organic Cotton Batting – Below the support layer of individually wrapped coils, there is a thin layer of organic cotton batting which increases breathability of this mattress.
The cover of the Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress is made of 100% organic cotton that is extremely soft to the touch and that easily stretches to conform to the unique curves of your body.
The whole mattress is encased in organic cotton fabric and organic cotton fill, with a solid brass zipper that goes all the way around the mattress and that allows you to easily access the layers inside. The overall fit and finish is exceptional and really adds to the luxurious feel of the mattress.
Firmness & Support
Naturepedic mattresses are available in multiple firmness settings that can accommodate a wide range of sleepers with different needs and sleep preferences.
The company also allows you to choose the firmness level of your mattress and you can even choose a different firmness for each side of the mattress so you and your partner can customize the level of support you need.
With the Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress, you can choose among 5 firmness levels with a different mix of the coils and latex. So you can have: Extra Firm option, Firm, Cushion Firm, Medium and Plush.
The one we tested was a Medium option and we felt it to be around a 7 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest). We found it to be quite supportive. The support coil layer and latex layer lifted my heavy body weight and our combined weights as a couple with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed.
They provided our bodies with excellent support and prevented us from sinking too far into the mattress and feeling trapped in it. So, the mattress provides a great support from the pocketed coil layer, with the latex top layer that provides more of a sensation of floating on top of the mattress compared to “sinking down in it” like memory foam.
Naturally derived organic latex combined with premium coils and soft quilted cover perfectly contours your body’s curves and relieves pressure points while providing just the right amount of comfort and support necessary for all types of sleepers and all sleeping positions.
There is a pretty large degree of bounce to the mattress, from the combination of latex and innerspring coils used in the mattress construction.
Like we mentioned, the Naturepedic Eos Classic uses a quilted pillow top made from soft and breathable organic cotton, natural wool batting and PLA material that adds the extra softness to the mattress and that combined with the latex layer below provides enough contour and “give” necessary for sleeping on your side.
We are primarily side sleepers and we found this mattress to be quite comfortable for this sleeping position as it cradled our hips and shoulders and relieved our pressure points, while it also had enough firmness needed for sleeping on our backs and stomachs.
Be sure to read our latest on Layla mattress review.
The Naturepedic Eos Classic is quite comfortable with its super soft quilted cover that provides a pleasant and cool sleeping surface and a natural latex layer which offers a soft support with a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness.
The combination of different materials used in the construction of this mattress provide excellent support and will keep your spine properly aligned regardless of your preferred sleeping position, while they also cradle your body and provide pressure relief to make your night’s sleep more comfortable.
The support coil layer works perfectly with the latex layer to support my heavy weight and our combined weights as a couple and prevent us from sinking too far into the mattress and feel enveloped by it.
There is also a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness coming from this mattress due to its latex / coil hybrid construction which facilitates moving around in bed and getting in and out of it during the night and makes this bed excellent for sex.
The Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress sleeps incredibly cool due to its hybrid construction and the use of breathable and naturally cooling materials in its construction.
Latex is known for its naturally cooling properties, while the organic cotton, wool batting and PLA material effectively wick away moisture and work with the pocketed coil layer to allow the air to circulate freely through the mattress and prevent the retention of heat.
The surface of the Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress was cool to the touch during the night and the latex layer below didn’t make us get that sticky sweaty feeling often present with many mattresses using foam in their top comfort layers.
Sinkage & Motion Transfer
The Naturepedic Eos Classic does a good job at minimizing the amount of sinkage that we experience both individually and as a couple, especially when compared to most all foam mattresses we have reviewed.
As we always preach, sinkage and motion transfer are largely weight dependent, and the fact that I weigh around 230 lbs tends to have a rather large bearing on the degree of sinkage I experience when sitting and lying on a mattress. Kaye, who is half my weight, experiences much less sinkage than I do, but again this is to be expected due to her much lighter weight.
The latex and coil construction of the Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress provides excellent support and pushback that will keep you from sinking too much into the mattress. I didn’t compress the top latex layer too much and it worked perfectly well with the coil layer below to support my heavy weight with ease and distribute it evenly across the bed.
Edge support was also excellent with this mattress. It is true that I compressed the bed to a certain degree when sitting on its edge due to my heavy weight but the quality latex layer and the full perimeter edge support of this mattress did a good job of lifting my weight and preventing any “rolling off” of the mattress sensation when sleeping near the edges.
As for motion transfer with this mattress, there is some motion transfer with it and it is higher than in most other mattresses we have reviewed.
This is to be expected from a hybrid mattress of such construction as the coils and latex provide a pretty large degree of bounce and responsiveness. But, it was nothing too extreme and did not interfere with our sleep.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress gets high marks in this category for not having any noticeable smell upon opening the box.
This is a result of its unique construction which does not include any foam or glue, just coils, natural latex, wool batting, cotton and plant-based PLA material. In addition, its design does not include any harsh chemicals or VOCs that often contribute to chemical smells and off-gassing.
Naturepedic provides above average customer service offerings which are far better than you can expect from most standard Bed-In-A-Box online mattress retailers. This includes:
- 90-Day Trial period
- 20-Year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- Made in the USA
- All organic, natural materials and construction
- Click here to get the best price on the Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress!
In addition to the company’s standard 90 day money back guarantee, they give you the possibility to swap any Eos layer within those 90 days for free. You can simply purchase your new layers and return your original layers and you will be refunded the full amount of the new layers.
The Naturepedic Eos Classic mattress is priced a bit higher than other coil/ latex hybrid mattresses that we have reviewed and comes in at $2999 for a Queen, but this is quite a reasonable price for a hybrid mattress of such a high quality and construction.
For an all organic, high quality mattress that allows you to fully customize it, this is a great price and surprisingly lower than expected given the very luxurious materials used.
The Naturepedic Eos Classic is an extraordinary new mattress of a unique design that combines glueless innerspring pocketed coils with a top layer of natural latex and a soft organic cotton, wool batting and PLA material.
This combination provides an ideal balance of comfort and support necessary for all sleeping styles and offers a high degree of bounce and responsiveness which facilitates moving around in bed during the night and makes this mattress perfect for sex.
What is also special about this mattress is that it allows you to fully customize it and choose your firmness level. You can even have different firmness for each side of the bed so both you and your partner can get just the right amount of comfort and support you need.
The mattress also sleeps pretty cool due to the use of the latex layer, innerspring coils and breathable organic cotton cover quilted with organic wool batting and plant-based PLA material, which is also highly effective in wicking away moisture and keeping you cool and dry all night long.
There was more motion transfer with the Naturepedic Eos Classic due to its unique design which includes the use of latex and innerspring coils, but it was nothing too extreme.
Overall, the Naturepedic Eos Classic combines very high quality organic materials to deliver a supportive yet very comfortable mattress. The mattress does provide good support for heavier sleepers and is a good choice for those looking for the best of both worlds – natural latex and innerspring coils.
We hope our review of this amazing new mattress helps you out in your next mattress purchase decision! If you have any questions, feel free to let us know!
Naturepedic Eos Classic
Construction / Materials9.5/10
Firmness & Support9.4/10
Sinkage & Motion Transfer9.0/10
Smell / Off-Gassing9.3/10
- All natural materials
- Very luxurious
- Great support
- Some motion transfer
- A bit pricey