LuuF Bed Review
This review of the LuuF Bed takes a look at a new hybrid coil / foam mattress that is on the market today.
LuuF introduced a high quality hybrid mattress that is nice and thick and comfortable, with several technological innovations, at a great price and we take a look at it in this review.
LuuF is entering the online mattress market promising a great product, with great customer service, quality American made products, and very good prices for their products.
Read our review of the LuuF Bed, and hopefully this will help you in your next mattress purchase decision! Review updated
Is the LuuF Mattress Right for You?
Buy the LuuF Mattress if you like:
- Medium firm mattresses good for all sleeping styles – The LuuF Bed that we have reviewed is a medium firm mattress that provides a good support for all sleeping styles and a higher degree of bounce and responsiveness from the coil hybrid design.
- Mattresses that sleep cool – The LuuF Bed sleeps cool due to the use of graphite and gel foam layers as well as the innerspring coil layer.
- Mattresses with a balanced feel – This mattress offers and ideal balance of comfort and support due to its excellent hybrid coil/foam design combining bounce and support of innerspring technology with the body hug and contour of memory foam.
You might not like the LuuF Mattress if:
- You don’t like buoyant mattresses – As we have already mentioned the LuuF Bed is a foam/coil hybrid which has a lot more bounce than all foam mattresses. If you don’t like buoyant mattresses that are likely to cause a little motion transfer, this mattress may not be the best choice for you.
Construction and Materials
The LuuF Bed is a 13″ hybrid pocketed coil and foam mattress made up of the following layers.
- Top Comfort Layers – On the top of this mattress you will find multiple layers of gel-infused cooling foam designed to keep you cool throughout the night and help you relax.
- 1″ Cooling and Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of graphene infused memory foam that aids in cooling as well as distributing body weight evenly across the mattress. It relieves pressure points on hips and shoulders.
- 2″ Support Layer – This layer is 2″ of HD adaptive foam designed to provide supportive contouring and pressure relief and it acts as the transition to the lower coil layer.
- Coil Layer – This layer is made of 1074 individually wrapped quantum coils in 7 zones for precision support of your body, including the lumbar.
- Foundation Layer – This layer is made of high density support foam that helps provide a foundation for the mattress and increased durability.
The cover of the LuuF Bed is made of contouring 360 degree breathable stretch fabric designed to facilitate moving around in bed and help with cooling and breathability. The cover also has a nice pattern on it that looks great.
Firmness & Support
The LuuF Bed comes in 3 firmness options: Plush Multi-Sleeper, Luxury Firm Multi-Sleeper and Firm Sleeper, and the one that we have reviewed falls around a 6-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest).
The LuuF Bed feels a little on the firmer side to me, as I am significantly heavier than Kaye, and I tend to press through the top comfort layers and feel more of the support layers in most mattresses.
The nice 13″ thickness in the LuuF Bed does help support both my heavier 230lb weight and combined weight with Kaye, and is something we like to see in mattresses, which is a big change from the standard 10″ offerings many mattress companies come to market with.
In terms of support, for us the LuuF Bed does a really good job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions.
As we are primarily side sleepers, we like mattresses that provide enough give in the top comfort layer to support our shoulders and hips, while also having the firmness if we switch to our stomach or back – without causing hip or shoulder pain from sinking down too low into the mattress.
The LuuF Bed provides a good degree of support a heavier sleeper like myself needs from the pocketed coil foundation layer combined with the top comfort layers.
This tends to cause the mattress to sleep a little on the firmer side, but this is something we personally find is similar with all hybrid coil mattresses due to the stiffness of the coils.
The LuuF Bed is quite comfortable, with the expected bounce coming from the coils combined with the foam mattress top layers providing good body contour and hug along with cooling and comfort.
After sleeping on the LuuF Bed for a while, we found that our bodies adapted to the mattress and molded to the memory foam without feeling stuck or trapped in the foam. The coils helped provide the bounce needed to switch positions during the night and supported my heavy bodyweight with ease as well as our combined weight as a couple.
The LuuF Bed is both very supportive and comfortable, and the high quality materials and craftsmanship do a great job at helping provide a comfortable nights sleep.
The combination of the zoned pocketed coil layer combined with layers of memory foam do a good job at providing a comfortable mattress for all sleeping positions and for couples as well.
The LuuF Bed does a good job of not sleeping hot due to the gel and graphite infused foam layers in the mattress and of course the innerspring coils.
Innerspring coil mattresses by default sleep cooler than all foam mattresses, due to increased air movement, and this combined with the top layers of gel and graphite foam all do a great job in ensuring the LuuF Bed mattress sleeps cool and comfortable.
For us, living in Texas, this is a big factor in evaluating mattresses, and the LuuF Bed does a great job at pulling off preventing heat buildup and promoting a cool sleeping environment.
Sinkage & Motion Transfer
The LuuF Bed does an good job with sinkage, especially compared to most mattresses we have reviewed. As we always preach, sinkage (and motion transfer) is largely weight dependent.
The fact that I weigh around 230lbs tends to have a rather large bearing on the degree of sinkage I experience when sitting and lying on a mattress. Kaye, who is half my weight, experiences much less sinkage than I do, but again this is to be expected due to her much lighter weight.
Edge support is very good with this mattress, and better than many mattresses we have reviewed.
I slept near the edge at time to test this and did not experience any of the “rolling off” the edges or having them compressed under my weight, which is something that other mattresses without edge support technology tend to cause.
Motion transfer is more than most all foam mattresses we have reviewed, as to be expected with a hybrid coil mattress which provides more bounce than a foam or latex mattress due to the innerspring coils in its construction.
Kaye and I felt a little disruption in our sleep by the shaking of the mattress when each other changed positions or got in or out of bed during the night but nothing too extreme like some competing beds. Again, this is more a function of the innerspring coil construction not any fault of the mattress per se.
Smell / Off-Gassing
This bed gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the box. The hybrid coil / foam construction minimized the degree of off-gassing that all foam mattresses usually have.
LuuF goes out of its way to provide an excellent product with excellent service, and the company offers many of the same features as other online mattress retailers, such as:
- 1-Year Trial period
- 10-Year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- American made
- Get $325 off Kings and Queens! (Use code: TALKKQ)
- Get $200 off Twins and Fulls! (Use code: TALKFT)
- Financing Available
The LuuF Bed is a great hybrid coil / foam mattress that provides the benefits of both innerspring mattresses and memory foam mattresses as well, in a comfortable and supportive mattress at a great price.
The LuuF Bed provides a good medium firmness and good support for all sleeping styles, and provides a higher degree of bounce and responsiveness from the coil hybrid design. While this makes the mattress have more motion transfer, this is to be expected for these type of designs.
The LuuF Bed sleeps cool due to the use of graphite and gel foam layers as well as the innerspring coil layer, and has great edge support as well, which all lend to it being a great mattress for couples as well as those that like the bounce of innerspring mattresses and the hug and contour of foam.
All in all, the LuuF Bed is an excellent hybrid coil/foam mattress for sleepers looking for the bounce and support of innerspring technology combined with the body hug and contour of memory foam.
We hope that our review of the LuuF Bed mattress helps you out in your next mattress purchase and let us know if you have any questions!