Drumi Mattress Review
Our Drumi mattress review highlights this new luxury hybrid mattress that combines the latest mattress technology in fabric-encased coils, cooling foam, Talalay latex, and edge durability and promises to deliver luxurious sleep at a great price.
Labor Day Sale
Use the link below to go to Drumi site and get the following discounts:
Get 10% off!
Drumi takes the best of both worlds approach and sets out to create a supportive and cool sleeping hybrid and also takes a step farther and uses the most innovative, luxe materials.
Besides this, Drumi is the first online mattress company in the United States to support the SEAQUAL INITIATIVE and help clean the ocean from plastic by using that plastic and turning it into high-quality textiles. All their mattresses are, therefore, made with sustainable and traceable SEAQUAL YARN.
All this places the Drumi above the vast majority of online “Bed-In-A-Box” type of mattresses and makes it an option worth considering.
Read our review of the Drumi mattress to see what we think about this amazing new hybrid and why it may be the right choice for your next mattress purchase! (Review updated)
Is the Drumi Mattress Right for You?
Buy the Drumi Mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – The Drumi uses the soft Serena Foam on top which provides perfect pressure. It will allow you to sink in the mattress to a certain degree and provide you with that classic memory foam feel of contouring without making you feel trapped in foam.
- Sleeping cool – This mattress sleeps quite cool due to the combination of the innerspring pocketed coils with the multiple layers of cooling foams such as the Serena foam and Talalay latex and breathable cover.
- Bounce and responsiveness of hybrid mattresses – The Drumi mattress features pocketed coil system in its construction and a resilient and bouncy Talalay latex which work together to provide a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness. This facilitates moving around in bed and makes this mattress excellent for sex.
- Mattresses with excellent edge support – Edge support is excellent with the Drumi due to the additional structure and support around the edges which adds to the durability and stability of the mattress when you sit or lie along the side of the bed.
You might not like the Drumi Mattress if:
- You don’t like the bounce and responsiveness of hybrid mattresses – As mentioned, the Drumi features pocketed coil system and Talalay latex in its construction which makes it have more bounce and responsiveness than all foam mattresses. So, if you are not a big fan of this, the Drumi may not be the best choice for you.
Construction and Materials
The Drumi is a 12.5″ pocketed coil and foam hybrid composed of the following layers:
- Serene Foam Layer – The top comfort layer of this mattress is made of the company’s Special Serene Foam designed to wick heat away from your body to keep you cool and comfortable all night long. It also molds to the unique curves of your body for extra support and extraordinary pressure relief. Its high-density structure and microscopic air cells also do a great job of minimizing the amount of motion transfer across the mattress.
- Talalay Latex Layer – Beneath the layer of Serene Foam, there is the layer of a premium Talalay latex which gives the mattress an instantly responsive and airy feel that eliminates pressure points. It is eco-friendly, hypoallergenic and naturally breathable and will dissipate excessive body heat and work with the Serene Foam layer to promote cooler sleep. in addition, this layer also makes the Drumi mattress more buoyant and luxurious.
- PU Foam Layer – This layer provides additional support and resilience in the core of the mattress and works as a transition layer between the softer top comfort layers and a firmer coil system below.
- Individually Wrapped Pocketed Coils – This layer is made of individually wrapped pocketed coils with foam encasement and additional structure and support around the edges of the mattress which adds to the durability and stability of the mattress when you sit or lie along the side of the bed. This also prevents sagging of the edges and the appearance of the feeling or the sense that you are about to fall off the mattress. Individually wrapped coils also provide greater support and breathability and reduce the amount of motion transfer.
The Drumi mattress has a very nice and luxurious exterior cover made of the company’s special SEAQUAL YARN, organic cotton and polyester that create a soft, strong and sustainable sleeping environment.
The cover is extremely soft and pleasant to the touch and it will allow the air to circulate freely through the mattress and allow you to get the full benefits of the top comfort layer.
Firmness & Support
The Drumi is a premium foam and pocketed coil hybrid and is offered in only one firmness option which we rate around a 6.5 out of 10 (10 being the firmest).
The mattress is designed to suit all all sleeping styles and all types of sleepers, including heavier sleepers and partnered sleepers sharing the bed with two large dogs, etc.
As the result, the mattress is neither too firm nor too soft. It has a nice medium firmness that can work perfectly for a wide range of sleeping preferences.
Drumi’s Talalay latex adds the support and resilience to the mattress and overall buoyancy of a firm mattress, while the top comfort layer of the special Serene Foam molds to your body curves and allows you to sink into it for a perfect comfort and pressure relief.
Most mattresses with thinner top comfort layers and pocketed coil layers feel firm to me as I am significantly heavier than Kaye (230 lbs vs. 115 lbs) and tend to press through the top comfort layers and feel more of the bouncier coil layers.
This clearly wasn’t the case with the Drumi mattress. Its comfort layers did a great job of cradling my body and supporting my heavy weight and prevented me from compressing them totally.
The pocketed coil design of this mattress supported my heavier weight and our combined weights with ease without causing too much pain or stiffness we usually experience with firmer mattresses.
We are primarily side sleepers, and we like the mattresses that have enough give in the top comfort layers to cradle our shoulders and hips and prevent the appearance of pressure points, while also having the firmness necessary to support our bodies if we switch to our stomachs and backs.
The Drumi does a great job at providing extraordinary comfort in the top foam layers and support with the coil layer beneath. It is soft enough to be comfortable but still supportive as it doesn’t allow me to sink too far down into the mattress and feel enveloped by it or feel hip or shoulder pain or any other discomfort.
So, in terms of support, the Drumi mattress does a really good job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions.
The Drumi mattress is an extremely comfortable mattress and both Kaye and I really liked it. The premium materials used in its construction and its overall design really set it apart from other hybrid mattresses currently present on the online mattress market.
The Drumi mattress is very comfortable in that the soft cover provides a really pleasant and comfortable sleeping surface, while the top comfort layer of Serena Foam combined with the Talalay latex, PU Foam and pocketed coil layers below offers a perfect balance of comfort and support.
Besides this, the combination of the breathable and moisture wicking cover with the premium springs, special Serena Foam and naturally cooling Talalay latex also makes this mattress sleep cooler than most other mattresses we have reviewed, so a cool and rejuvenating sleep is guaranteed.
And, the responsive latex layer and coils provide a high level of responsiveness and a nice degree of bounce to the mattress which facilitates moving around in bed and getting in and out of it during the night without making you feel stuck in foam and also makes this mattress perfect for sex.
The Drumi mattress sleeps incredibly cool due to the use of the multiple layers of special cooling foams such as Serena Foam and Talalay latex, pocketed coils and breathable cover.
They all work together to allow the air to circulate freely through the mattress, wick the heat away from your body and prevent its build up.
The special cover of this mattress is also effective in wicking moisture, which is why we did not get that annoying sticky sweaty feeling that most all foam mattresses usually cause during the night.
This mattress slept much cooler than many other mattresses we have tested and this was a big deal for us as a couple living in Texas. We didn’t wake up feeling hot and sticky during the night, which was something we really were thankful for.
Sinkage & Motion Transfer
The Drumi mattress does a good job with sinkage and motion transfer too, and it gets high marks in this category.
As we always mention, sinkage and motion transfer are largely weight dependent and the fact that I weight around 230 lbs tends to have a rather large bearing on the degree of sinkage I experience when sitting and lying on a mattress. Kaye who is half my weight, experiences much less sinkage.
The pocketed coil construction of the Drumi, however, did an excellent job of supporting my heavy weight and I didn’t compress the mattress so much at all compared to other mattresses that are entirely made of foam.
It is true that I compressed the soft Serena Foam on top quite a bit, but the bouncy and resilient Talalay latex and PU Foam layer prevented me from sinking too much into the mattress and feeling enveloped by it. They nicely transitioned my heavy body weight into the firm pocketed coil system below and I didn’t feel any discomfort.
Edge support is very good with this mattress due to the additional structure and support around the edges of the mattress which add to the durability and stability of the mattress when you sit or lie along the side of the bed.
This also prevents sagging of the edges and the appearance of the feeling or the sense that you are about to fall of the mattress. I slept near the edge at times to test this and did not experience any of the “rolling off” the edges or had them compressed under my weight.
As for motion transfer, there wasn’t too much of it with this mattress due to its special construction and design which work to minimize the amount of motion transfer between the partners to the least bit.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Drumi gets high marks in this category for not having much of a noticeable smell upon opening the box. The hybrid coil / foam construction of this mattress minimized the degree of off-gassing that all foam mattresses usually have.
Drumi provides pretty much the standard customer service offerings you can expect from a “Bed-In-A-Box” online mattress retailer which include:
- 100-night Trial Period
- 10-year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- Free In-Home Set-up & Mattress Removal
- Click here to save money on a Drumi mattress!
The Drumi is a premium hybrid mattress coming in at $1395 for a Queen, and although it may seem to be a bit pricey, this is quite a reasonable price for a mattress of such a high quality.
The Drumi mattress is a luxury new hybrid coil / foam mattress that provides the benefits of both worlds and comes with many other great new features that set it apart from other hybrid mattresses currently present on the online mattress market.
It offers good support for all sleeping styles and all types of sleepers, including heavier sleepers like myself as it distributes their weight evenly across the bed and prevents them from sinking too deep into the mattress.
There is also a higher degree of bounce and responsiveness coming from its hybrid coil design which facilitates changing positions and moving around in bed during the night, but it doesn’t cause too much motion transfer.
The Drumi also sleeps rather cool due to its pocketed coil layer, special foams used in its construction, and the soft and breathable cover which allows greater airflow through the mattress, wicks away moisture and creates a comfortable sleeping surface that is cool and pleasant to the touch.
All in all, the Drumi is a great hybrid mattress with its 12.5″ design and highest quality materials used in its construction.
It really differs from other mattresses currently present on the online mattress market and may be an excellent choice for you if you like the bounce of innerspring mattresses and the hug and contour of memory foam.
Construction / Materials9.5/10
Firmness & Support9.4/10
Sinkage & Motion Transfer9.2/10
Smell / Off-Gassing9.4/10
- Quality and Unique Materials
- Hybrid design
- Premium materials
- Good for all types of sleepers
- Sleeps cool