Country Living Napa Mattress Review
In this review we take a look at the Napa mattress, another magnificent mattress from the Welcome Home Collection of Luxury Mattresses offered by Country Living Sleep.
Country Living Sleep is a luxury brand of mattresses designed by the team of experts behind America’s most popular Country Living magazine, favorite for its interesting and useful tips on how to craft idyllic homes and live a life of comfort and relaxation.
Unfortunately, the Country Living Napa mattress is currently out of stock, but don’t hesitate to check out the Brentwood Home Oceano mattress which provides similar comfort and support at a much more affordable price. (Click here for the full Brentwood Home Oeano mattress review.)
This magazine has been around for more than 40 years and helped many readers design homes from their dreams. Recently they have decided to use their enormous knowledge and experience to create their own luxury brand of mattresses known as the Welcome Home Collection.
The Welcome Home Collection consists of three premium mattresses that are unlike anything else currently present on the online mattress market and that come in with an industry leading 18-month sleep trial and a lifetime warranty.
The Napa mattress is our favorite of the three and comes with an incredible 16″ thick design. It features 8 layers of various proprietary foams, pocketed coils and micro coils to provide you with the comfort, style and indulgence of California wine country.
The Napa hybrid features various layers of special cooling and comforting foams, support coils and a finely stitched top layer detailing for a unique country vintage look.
It also comes with a luxurious 2″ cushioned pillow top which provides extra comfort and support and makes sure that you enjoy the best sleep every night.
Read our review to see what we think about this unique new hybrid, what are our opinions and experiences sleeping on it and find out how well it could work for you. Review updated
Is the Napa Mattress Right for You?
Buy the Napa Mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – The Napa mattress, just like the previous Hudson and McKinney mattresses, features proprietary designed foams on top which will hug and mold to your body to provide you with incredible comfort and relieve your pressure points.
- Thick and luxurious mattresses – The Napa features an amazing 16″ design and multiple layers of special foams, micro coils and pocketed coils and an extremely soft and breathable cover which make this mattress one of the most luxurious mattresses we have tried out so far.
- Supportive mattresses – This mattress features the layer of special zoned and individually wrapped micro coils and the highest quality zoned pocketed coil system that work together to provide support to those areas of your body where it is needed the most and keep your spine properly aligned regardless of your preferred sleeping position.
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The Napa mattress uses various cooling technologies such as cooling cover, copper-infused memory foam, micro coils and special pocketed coils which all work together to draw the heat away from your body, increase airflow through the mattress and create an optimal level of comfort necessary for a restorative night’s sleep.
You might not like the Napa Mattress if:
- You don’t like the bounce and responsiveness of hybrid mattresses – The Napa mattress is a hybrid mattress made of multiple foam layers, a layer of special micro coils and pocketed coils which work together to give this mattress a lot of bounce and responsiveness.
Construction and Materials
The Napa is a 16″ foam / coil and micro coil hybrid mattress made of 8 layers:
- 2″ Quilt – The cover is quilted with 2″ of durable contouring foam for additional softness and comfort. It provides extraordinary pressure relief and creates a cloud-like feel. It also comes with hand-stitched Button Tufting, which increases durability and ensures the layers are held in place perfectly.
- 2″ Titan Hyperflex Foam – This layer is 2″ of the special hyper-elastic foam that features immediate response technology that adjusts to your body with each movement, while providing superior support and excellent pressure point relief.
- 1″ Micro Coil Unit – This layer is 1″ of individually wrapped independent coils with multiple support zones, which provide improved back support while allowing greater airflow through the mattress for cooler sleep.
- 1″ Copper-infused Memory Foam Layer – This layer is made of 1″ of the proprietary copper-infused memory foam. It provides incredible pressure relief and features super-conductive copper beads which draw heat away from your body for a cooler and fresher sleep.
- 1″ Firm HD Poly Foam Layer – This layer is 1″ of the special polyfoam designed to provide extra deep support and promote proper body alignment. It also serves as a transition layer between the layers on top and firm pocketed coil system below.
- 8″ Zoned Coil Unit – This layer is 8″ of Zoned pocketed coils. There are 3 individually wrapped coil zones designed to provide extra support right to those areas of your body where you need it the most. With coils layered from edge-to-edge across the width of the mattress, this durable coil unit also provides excellent edge support.
- 1″ Base Support Foam Layer – This layer is made of 1″ of high density foam that serves as the foundation for other layers above and provides greater stability and durability to the mattress. It also allows you to place the mattress on any solid surface, including a slatted bed, box spring or even an adjustable base.
The Napa mattress has a unique cooling cover, just like the previous two Country Living mattresses that we have reviewed.
It is extremely smooth, cool and fresh to the touch and ensures a cooler and more comfortable night’s sleep from the first night and contributes to the overall luxuriousness of this mattress.
Firmness & Support
The Napa mattress, just like the previous Hudson hybrid, comes in three firmness options: Soft, Medium and Firm. The one that we got is a Medium firm version and we felt it to be around a 7 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest).
The company has their own firmness scale where they rate this mattress in a range you can see below.
Again, as we always mention, firmness is largely weight dependent, and I usually tend to compress the top comfort layers of most mattresses more than Kaye does as I weigh considerably more than she does (230 lbs vs. 115).
With many hybrids I often come to rest on the firmer support and coil layers below which are hard and not so comfortable. However, this was not the with the Napa hybrid mattress.
It is true that I compressed the softer quilted top, but the elastic Titan Hyperflex foam layer worked perfectly with the layer of individually wrapped micro coils.
They prevented me from sinking even further in the mattress and reaching the firmer support layers below or feeling enveloped by a mattress.
These layers also worked with the copper-infused memory foam layer and the layer of firm poly foam and did a good job of transitioning my heavy body weight and our combined weights sleeping as a couple into a firm pocketed coil unit below so we didn’t feel any discomfort, stiffness or pain.
The layer of micro coils and pocketed coil unit also feature a special zoned technology, which allows this mattress to provide just the right amount of support to those areas of your body where you need it the most.
So, in terms of support, the Napa mattress does an excellent job of providing amazing support in all sleeping positions and for all types of sleepers, including heavier sleepers such as myself (230 lbs).
We are primarily side sleepers and we like mattresses that have enough give in the top comfort layers to cradle our hips and shoulders and prevent the appearance of pressure points.
They also need to have enough firmness necessary to keep our spines naturally aligned when we switch to our backs or stomachs.
The Napa mattress has it all. The incredibly soft quilted top gently cushioned our hips and shoulders and eliminated any possibility of the appearance of pressure points.
Other foam layers and layers of micro coils and pocketed coils all worked together to provide just the right amount of support for this sleeping position and any other position that we switched to during the night.
The Napa mattress is definitely one of the most comfortable mattresses we have tried out so far and one of our favorite beds.
It features 8 layers of various proprietary designed foams, zoned micro coils and pocketed coil unit, all of which make this mattress one of the most comfortable and luxurious hybrid mattresses currently available on the online mattress market.
The top comfort layer of quilted foam will cushion your body for incredible pressure relief and will make you feel as if you’re sleeping on clouds.
Other foam layers below add to this feel and also work to dissipate excessive body heat and keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
All layers of the Napa mattress work together to provide an ideal balance of pressure relieving comfort and support.
There is also enough responsiveness to this mattress coming from the layer of unique Titan Hyperflex foam, which offers enough elasticity and works with the layers of micro coils and pocketed coils to facilitate moving around in bed and getting in and out of it during the night.
The mattress also offers a nice amount of push back and bounce, which makes it perfect for sex. It will allow you to enjoy your late night amorous activities without making you feel trapped in foam.
The Napa mattress, just like the previous two mattresses, sleeps incredibly cool due to the special cooling technologies used in its construction.
Beneath the breathable quilted top and the layer of Titan Hyperflex foam, there is a layer of individually wrapped micro coils which work with the breathable quilted top and cover to allow greater airflow through the mattress and keep you cool and comfortable.
Besides this, there is a layer of copper-infused memory foam which draws the heat away from your body and prevents its retention.
In addition, the pocketed coil system, just like the layer of micro coils, allows greater airflow through the mattress and works with other layers to aid in cooling and breathability. The cover is also extremely smooth and cool to the touch.
Although this mattress features memory foam in its construction, it doesn’t retain heat at all.
It didn’t cause us to overheat and it also didn’t cause that sticky, sweaty feeling present with many memory foam mattresses or hybrid mattresses featuring memory foam in their construction.
This was something we really were grateful for as a couple living in Texas.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
As for sinkage and motion transfer, the Napa mattress, just like the Hudson, does an excellent job of minimizing the amount of sinkage and motion transfer due to its unique 16″ thick design and highest quality materials used in its construction.
As we always tend to mention, sinkage and motion transfer are highly weight dependent. The fact that I weigh around 230 lbs tends to have a rather large bearing on the degree of sinkage I experience when sitting and lying on a mattress.
Kaye, who is half my weight, experiences much less sinkage than I do, but again this is to be expected due to her much lighter weight.
I often tend to sink down a lot more into mattresses when sitting up on them or on the edges and come to rest on the firmer support and base layers below. However, this was not the case with the incredible Napa mattress.
It is true that I compressed the softer quilted top layer quite a bit, but the extraordinary 16″ thick design of this mattress, and the use of various layers of special proprietary foams, zoned micro coils and pocketed coil system prevented me from sinking too much into the mattress and feeling enveloped by it.
The layer of elastic Titan Hyperflex foam, copper-infused foam, high-density poly foam and individually wrapped micro coils transitioned my body weight nicely into the firm pocketed coil system below.
These layers all worked together to lift my heavy body weight and our combined weights sleeping as a couple and distributed them evenly across the bed.
The mattress also didn’t cause Kaye to roll into me due to our weight disparity and experience that well known feel of “sinking into a hole”.
The edge support is also excellent with this mattress due to the special coil unit which features coils layered from edge-to-edge across the width of the mattress.
So, I didn’t compress the edges too much at all when sitting or lying near them and I also didn’t experience any “rolling off” the edges feel.
As for motion transfer, there is not too much of it.
It is true that the Napa is a hybrid mattress, but various layers of special proprietary foams and a layer of individually wrapped micro coils did a good job of isolating motion transfer between us and we didn’t feel any disruption in our sleep.
Smell / Off-Gassing
As for smell / off-gassing, the Napa mattress gets excellent marks in this category for not having too much of a noticeable smell upon opening the box.
Its hybrid construction also minimized the amount of off gassing smell to the least bit and any smell that was present dissipated quickly, within a few hours.
As we mentioned in previous two reviews, Country Living really shines in the customer service department and provides above average customer service options. This includes the following:
- 18-Month Trial Period
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- Made in the USA
- Click here to get 20% off store wide!
The Napa mattress is priced a bit higher than the previous two models and comes in at $2073 for a queen.
However, this is a good price for a 16″ luxurious hybrid mattress of such a high quality and unique construction and all the special features that it offers.
The Napa mattress is an amazing 16″ thick hybrid mattress from the Welcome Home collection offered by Country Living.
It is super luxurious and comes with some unique features and mattress technologies that set it apart from other hybrid mattresses currently available on the online mattress market and make it one of the best hybrid mattresses we have tried out so far.
The mattress is incredibly comfortable due to the 8 layers of different proprietary foams, zoned, individually wrapped micro coils and pocketed coils and its quilted top, which provides a cloud-like feel and cushions your body to eliminate any possibility of the appearance of pressure points.
The mattress provides an ideal balance of pressure relieving comfort and support and works perfectly for all sleeping positions and all types of sleepers, including heavier sleepers.
Besides this, the Napa mattress sleeps quite cool due to the special cooling technologies used in its construction and offers enough bounce and responsiveness which facilitates moving around in bed and makes this bed perfect for sex.
We feel the Napa is one of the best hybrid mattresses on the market today, and the 16″ thickness and all special features and mattress technologies really set it apart from the competition. It is very supportive for all sleeping styles, and also extremely comfortable.
We hope that our Napa mattress review helps you out in your next mattress purchase decision! If you have any questions, feel free to let us know.
Construction / Materials9.3/10
Firmness & Support9.3/10
Sinkage & Motion Transfer9.0/10
Smell / Off-Gassing9.3/10
- 16" thick design
- Super luxurious
- Zoned support
- Features a layer of micro coils
- Sleeps cool
- Priced a bit higher