2920 Mattress Review
In today’s review we take a look at the 2920 mattress, an innovative all foam mattress that is based on years of research and that uses unique materials and advanced cooling technologies in its construction.
The 2920 comes from a fairly new company on the market, named after the amount of sleep everyone should have annually and it promises to provide their clients with unparalleled sleeping experience throughout the whole year.
The 2920 mattress is specially designed to suit the needs of all types of sleepers, but will it be the right match for your specific needs and sleep preferences.
Read our in-depth review of the 2029 mattress and see what our opinions are and experiences sleeping on it and see how well it would work for you. Review updated
Is the 2920 Mattress Right for You?
Buy the 2920 Mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – This mattress is made entirely of the unique materials that behave like both memory foam and latex and that will hug and mold to your body to provide you with incredible comfort and relieve your pressure points without making you feel stuck in foam.
- Sleeping on your side and back – This mattress provides the support necessary for side sleeping and back sleeping without causing any discomfort in hips and shoulders that some mattresses often cause.
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The 2920 mattress incorporates new generation materials and heat adaptive technology used by performance athletic companies to prevent the build-up of heat and keep you cool, comfortable and dry all night long.
You might not like the 2920 Mattress if:
- You like the feeling of sleeping on top of a mattress – The 2920 is a medium-firm all foam mattress that will allow your body to sink into it to a certain degree and if you like the feeling of sleeping on top of a mattress rather than inside it, then this mattress may not be the right pick for you.
- You are a heavier sleeper – If you are a heavier sleeper, this mattress may not provide you with the right amount of support you need.
- You are a stomach sleeper – If you are a stomach sleeper and you are looking for a mattress that will safely support your hips and shoulders and keep your spine properly aligned, then this mattress may not be an ideal option for you. It may be too soft for your preferred sleeping position.
Construction and Materials
The 2920 is a 10″ thick mattress made of 4 layers of proprietary designed foams:
- 2″ Pressure Relief Layer – The top layer is made of 2″ of new generation foam featuring millions of micro air coils designed to provide pressure relief, isolate motion transfer and regulate temperature.
- 1″ Support and Comfort Layer – This layer is made of 1″ of premium foam that combines the benefits of both latex and memory foam. It is designed to further contour to your body, relieve pressure points, and transition your body weight into a somewhat firmer core support layer below.
- 5.5″ Core Support Layer – This layer is made of 5.5″ of a denser core support foam designed to provide excellent support necessary to keep your spine properly aligned and prevent you from sinking too much into the mattress.
- 1.5″ Edge-to-Edge Base Layer – This layer is 1.5″ of a firm support foam designed to serve as the foundation for the layers above and provide enhanced “edge-to-edge” support and increase the overall usable sleeping surface of this bed.
The 2920 mattress is designed to fit any frame or surface including box springs, slats, flat frames or adjustable frames.
The cover of this mattress is a special cotton/poly blend that has been treated with Adaptive Tech that behaves in a similar way like the athletic gear. Thus the cover responds to your body temperature and moisture and helps you stay cool and dry throughout the night.
Firmness & Support
The 2920 is a universal comfort mattress which means that it is designed to appeal to a wide range of sleepers with different sleep preferences. We felt that the 2920 was around a 5.5 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest).
As we always preach, firmness is largely weight dependent, and I usually compress the top comfort layers of most mattresses more than Kaye does as I weigh considerably more than she does (230lbs vs. 115).
Although I compressed the soft top comfort layer of the 2920 quite a bit, a more responsive layer below that offers the benefits of both latex and memory foam combined with the firmer core support layer and base layer did a fairly good job of supporting my weight and distributing it evenly across the bed.
We found the mattress to be the best for side sleeping. We are generally side sleepers and we prefer mattresses that provide a lot of give in the top comfort layers to cradle our shoulders and hips and prevent the appearance of pressure points.
The 2920 was of a perfect firmness for side sleeping in that it allowed our hips and shoulders to sink into it to a certain degree, cushioned them and prevented the appearance of pressure points.
At the same time the firmer core support and base layers provided enough support. They worked together to lift my body weight and our weights combined as a couple and keep our spines properly aligned.
Various foam layers used in the construction of this mattress give you a true memory foam sensation and provide you with the right balance of comfort and support during sleep.
The 2920 is a rather comfortable mattress. Its top comfort layer made of new generation foam with millions of micro air coils works together with the support and comfort layer below which combines the benefits of both latex and memory foam to provide incredible pressure relief and comfort, isolate motion transfer and regulate temperature.
These top comfort layers work together with the core support layer and firm base layer to keep your spine aligned while cradling your body and preventing any pressure points during sleep.
This model is soft enough to make you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud but it will also prevent you from sinking too much into the foam and feeling like you are “trapped in foam,” which some memory foam mattresses are known to do.
The multiple foam layers provide a high degree of comfort and support necessary to keep your spine properly aligned and prevent any back or neck pain and other body aches.
Its soft and breathable cover adds to the overall comfort of this mattress as well, and the softness of the cover combined with the initial soft response from the top comfort foam layers made our nights truly enjoyable and this feeling was shared by both of us.
The 2920 mattress does a good job of sleeping cool. The new generation materials and heat adaptive technology used by performance athletic companies help regulate temperature and humidity to keep you cool and dry throughout the night.
The special foams used in the construction of this mattress allow greater airflow through the mattress and combined with the unique cover incorporating special cooling technology, they successfully regulate temperature and wick away moisture to keep you cool and comfortable and prevent overheating.
All this mattress technology combined kept us cool throughout the night and helped eliminate the problem of sleeping hot that we often experience as a couple living in Texas.
With this mattress there was no excessive sweating, and we didn’t feel any discomfort or stickiness that is usually the case with all foam mattresses.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
Like we often preach, sinkage and motion transfer are highly dependent on sleeper’s weight and as I weigh considerably more than Kaye, I usually tend to sink down a lot more into mattresses when sitting up on them or on the edge.
Although this was true with the 2920 mattress to some extent as I compressed its top comfort layer quite a bit, it didn’t cause me to bottom out and come to rest on the foundation of our bed.
Kaye didn’t experienced the same amount of sinkage as I did given that she’s half my weight, and most importantly, she didn’t roll towards me or feel as if she was going to sink into a hole.
There was some amount of sinkage with this mattress but it was nothing too extreme. I compressed the top comfort layers to a certain degree, but the firmer core support layer and firm base layer prevented me from sinking even further into he mattress and feeling enveloped by it.
Edge support with this mattress is also good. I didn’t press all the way down through the mattress when sitting on or near its edge, and it worked well for Kaye as well.
Another good thing about this mattress is that there is almost no motion transfer. The 2920 does an excellent job of isolating vibrations and reducing motion transfer between the partners.
Smell / Off-Gassing
There was a small degree of off-gassing with this mattress coming mostly from being compressed during packaging and shipping. However, it was nothing overpowering when compared to some other mattresses we have reviewed and it dissipated pretty quickly.
The 2920 mattress provides pretty standard customer service offerings that can be found in other bed-in-a-box online mattress companies as well. Their customer service includes:
- 100-Night Sleep Trial Period
- 10-Year Warranty
- Made in the USA
- Free Shipping and Returns
The 2920 mattress comes in at $1095 for a Queen, which is a decent price for a mattress of such quality and construction.
on the purchase of a 2920 mattress!
All in all, the 2920 is one of the better all foam mattresses currently present on the online mattress market. This universal comfort mattress is designed to appeal to a wide variety of sleepers with different sleep preferences and does a good job at providing good support and comfort.
Its top comfort layer made of new generation foam with millions of micro air coils and the support and comfort layer below which combines the benefits of both latex and memory foam provide amazing pressure relief and comfort, isolate motion transfer and regulate temperature.
The special foams used in the construction of this mattress and the unique cooling technologies help regulate excessive body temperature, prevent the build-up of heat and successfully wick away moisture.
The mattress also does a good job of minimizing motion transfer which makes it a good choice for couples who tend to frequently change positions during the night.
Hopefully our review of the new 2920 mattress helps you make the right decision on your next mattress purchase! Let us know if you have any questions.
Construction / Materials9.4/10
Firmness & Support9.2/10
Sinkage & Motion Transfer9.1/10
Smell / Off-Gassing9.0/10
- Pressure relieving
- Sleeps cool
- Causes minimal amount of motion transfer
- May be too soft for heavy sleepers and stomach sleepers