Nectar vs. GhostBed
Sleep plays an important role in our daily life, that’s why we need to choose a mattress with ultimate comfort to improve sleep quality. Memory foam mattresses are known for their unique conforming property, but choosing a new model is never an easy task.
The most popular type is none other than the memory foam. However, due to having many superior properties, latex mattresses have become more and more favored by consumers. That’s why in today’s comparison, we will be comparing the Nectar, a new luxury memory foam mattress with the GhostBed, a recent hybrid latex and memory foam model.
Read our in-depth comparison and decide on which one may better suit your specific sleeping needs and preferences. Last updated
Construction and Materials
The Nectar is an 11″ all foam mattress made up of 4 layers of various foams.
- 1″ Top Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of quilted foam sewn into the cover and designed to improve airflow, relieve pressure points, provide pain relief, softness, and a luxurious feel to the top.
- 1″ Support Layer – This layer is 1″ of 4lb patented Lush Foam semi-open fast-recovery gel memory foam, which provides primary support and aids in cooling and comfort.
- 3″ Transition Layer – This layer is 3″ of 3lb medical grade cooling gel embedded foam that aids in cooling and serves as a transitional support layer between the upper and lower layers.
- 6″ Foundation Layer – This layer is 6″ of high-density foam that provides deep compression support and serves as the foundation.
The cover of the Nectar mattress is made up of soft, long staple cotton that includes Tencel – a fabric more absorbent than cotton, softer than silk, and cooler than linen. It adds to the soft and luxurious feel of this bed, allows the circulation of air through the upper layer to improve airflow and circulation, and is naturally resistant to bed bugs.
Nectar Sleep is unique in that it offers its customers the option to replace the cover at no charge. Therefore, if the existing cover wears out, you don’t have to spend your money on buying a new mattress when you can simply replace the cover.
Firmness and Support
The Nectar mattress only comes in one firmness option which is medium firm and scores 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest.
Its top comfort layer provides a soft, luxurious feel, while the underlying support layers made of dense foam provide firmer support below and do not allow heavier sleepers like Andrew who is 230lbs to press through the top comfort layers and come to rest on the base support layers.
The Nectar provides good support for all sleeping positions. It provides the necessary support for back and stomach sleeping and it provides enough give in the top comfort layer to perfectly hug and mold to hips and shoulders when sleeping on your side.
The Nectar is a very comfortable mattress. The top layer with its Tencel cover provides a soft and supple sleeping environment, while the layers below consisting of gel foam and adaptive foam support and contour the body during sleep.
These underlying layers also provide the needed response when switching positions during the night and a nice degree of push-back and bounce ideal for late night amorous activities of couples.
The Nectar mattress does a good job at reducing heat, sleeping cool, and eliminating sweating and the feeling of stickiness present with many other memory foam mattresses. This is due to the multiple gel-infused foam layers and the quilted foam within the cover that allows easier circulation of air.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Nectar does a pretty good job in this category. It does not cause too much sinkage when lying or sitting on the mattress due to the high-quality dense foam layers used in its construction.
Edge support with this mattress is also good, and it prevents you from rolling off of the bed when sitting or sleeping near the edge.
Motion transfer with the Nectar mattress, is almost non-existent due to its all-foam construction known for its capability of reducing the motion transfer when adjusting positions or getting in and out of bed during the night.
Smell / Off-Gassing
Nectar gets high marks in this category too for not having any noticeable smell upon opening the box. There is not much off-gassing and odor with this mattress as it is the case with many other memory foam mattresses, and any smell present dissipates within 24 hours.
- 365 night Trial period
- “Forever Warranty” for the life of the mattress
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
Nectar is reasonably priced, coming in at $670 for a Queen (after applying the MFT125 coupon). This is a great price for a mattress of such a high quality.
Construction and Materials
The GhostBed is a product of Nature’s Sleep, a veteran company in the mattress industry as well. It is an 11″ combination of latex and memory foam designed to appeal to a wide majority of sleepers and consists of the following layers:
- 1.5″ Top cooling & comfort layer – This layer is made of 1.5″ of aerated latex foam, designed to provide instant responsiveness and a nice degree of bounce, and create a cool and comfortable sleep surface.
- 2″ Middle support layer – This layer is made of 2″ of gel memory foam designed to provide support and pressure relief. It is less responsive than the top layer and acts as the core support layer. The gel also helps with heat dissipation and aids in cooling.
- 7.5″ Bottom foundation layer – This layer is made of 7.5″ of high-density support foam and acts as the foundation for the above foam layers.
The GhostBed mattress has a soft and thin 100% polyester cover with a unique stretchy and plush dimpled pattern. You can feel the top dimples through the sheets and they offer the massaging feel. The cover also improves airflow through the mattress and aids in cooling.
Firmness and Support
The GhostBed, just like the Nectar, comes only in one firmness option and it is a universal firmness option and feels around a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being firmest).
The combination of latex and memory foam in this mattress provides responsiveness and support ideal for all sleeping positions. The latex offers enough push-back and prevents you from sinking too much into the foam, while the foam beneath adapts to your weight and contours your body.
The unique construction of this bed felt more on the firmer side for my boyfriend Andrew. It perfectly supported his heavier weight (230lbs) and prevented him from sinking down to the foundation when sitting or lying on the mattress.
He did not feel pressure points when sleeping on his side though as this mattress offers enough give in the top layers for a comfortable sleep and yet has the firmness necessary if you switch to your back or stomach.
The GhostBed has a very soft and comfortable exterior and when you lie down on it, the latex and gel foam layers work together to provide a balanced feel in most sleeping positions. As the top layer is latex, it doesn’t hug or envelop your body like the memory foam.
The cover also provides a very enjoyable feel through the sheets, and as the time passes, the mattress totally adapts to your body.
The GhostBed, like the Nectar mattress, does a pretty good job in this category as the thin breathable cover and the 1.5″ of aerated latex foam and 2″ of gel memory foam work together to prevent the build-up of heat and eliminate the sticky, sweaty feeling typical for most memory foam mattresses. So the mattress remains cool throughout the entire night and allows a sound and quality sleep.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
With the GhostBed, we experienced minimal sinkage due to the latex in its top comfort layers, its dense support layers and its 11″ thickness. It didn’t cause me to roll into Andrew which was our problem with many other memory foam mattresses.
There is also minimal motion transfer with this bed. It does a good job at isolating motion transfer when shifting positions or getting in and out of bed during the night and is, therefore, perfect for couples.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The GhostBed didn’t have any noticeable odor upon opening the box which is typical for most memory foam mattresses that are shipped compressed in a box. Any smell that was present dissipated within a few hours.
- 101 Night Sleep trial
- Free Shipping – ships fast usually within 24 hours
- 20 Year Warranty
- American Made
- No questions asked 100% return
The GhostBed is very reasonably priced for the quality it delivers, and it comes in at $750 for a Queen.
Follow this Memory Foam Talk Coupon link to receive $100 off the GhostBed as well as 2 pillows at $270. The company also offers a matching foundation to compliment the mattress at only $225.
Nectar vs. GhostBed Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Nectar vs. GhostBed mattress.
|Layers||1″ of quilted foam, 1″ of 4lb patented Lush Foam, 3″ of 3lb medical grade cooling gel embedded foam, 6″ of high-density foam||1.5″ of aerated latex foam, 2″ of gel memory foam, 7.5″ of high-density support foam|
|Cover||Soft, long staple cotton including Tencel||Soft and thin 100% polyester cover with a unique stretchy and plush dimpled pattern|
|Firmness||6 out of 10||7 out of 10|
|Support||Very good||Very good|
|Motion Transfer||Very minimal||Very minimal|
|Warranty||Everlong warranty||20 years|
|Trial Period||365 days||101 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||100% money back guarantee for Refunds & Returns||No questions asked 100% return|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose Nectar mattress if you like:
- A medium feel –The Nectar comes in only one firmness option, which is a medium firm scoring 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest, and it is suitable for sleepers of different firmness preferences and different weights.
- A full memory foam mattress – The Nectar is a full memory foam mattress composed of the highest-quality memory foam layers. It offers the sleepers many benefits of traditional memory foam such as deep compression, pressure relief, more hug and contour, minimal motion transfer, etc. while at the same time provides enough support and eliminates the feeling of being trapped in foam that many classic memory foam mattresses cause.
- A very supportive mattress – As it has been already mentioned, this mattress offers enough support for all sleeping positions which makes it ideal for sleepers of different weights.
- Responsiveness and bounce – The underlying gel foam and adaptive foam layers of the Nectar mattress provide the needed response when switching positions during the night and a nice degree of push-back and bounce ideal for late night amorous activities of couples.
Choose GhostBed if you like:
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The Ghostbed uses gel-infused memory foam in its construction and aerated latex foam to prevent the retention of heat and create a cool and comfortable sleep surface. It also has a soft and thin polyester cover that allows a good airflow through the mattress and aids in cooling.
- A mattress with universal feel – The GhostBed comes in a universal firmness option which means it is designed in such way to appeal to a wide array of sleeping preferences. It provides enough comfort and support suitable for multiple positions.
- Pressure relief with bounce – The combination of the soft latex comfort layer with the memory foam beneath it provides enough pressure relief while at the same time it offers a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness.
- Supportive mattress– The 11″ thickness of this mattress, the use of latex in its top comfort layers, and its support layers made of dense foam provide an excellent support for any sleeping position and sleepers of different weights, even heavier ones like my boyfriend.