IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid vs. Brentwood Home Cedar
In this review we take a look at the IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid and Brentwood Home Cedar, two highest-quality all natural hybrid mattresses of a unique construction and design that come with many great features.
The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid is a durable, comfortable and supportive mattress that gives you the possibility to choose the firmness level and flip it over to extend its life, while the Brentwood Home Cedar is an exceptional mattress made up of natural latex, organic cotton, Alpaca wool, and individually wrapped steel springs. But which one would be a better pick for you?
Read our review and find out which one would better suit your specific sleep needs and preferences. Last updated
IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid
Construction and Materials
The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress is a 14″ hybrid pocketed coil and latex mattress made up of 5 layers, with the top comfort layers which are basically duplicated when flipped over.
- 1″ Top Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of a natural wool quilted into the cover and designed to provide softness and comfort. It also acts as a natural fire barrier.
- 3″ Response Layer – This layer is 3″ of 100% Pure GOLS Certified Dunlop Latex designed to provide open cell breathability and an optimal level of support. It also provides cooling, responsiveness and bounce to the mattress and is naturally hypoallergenic and anti-microbial.
- 6″ Support Layer – This layer is 6″ of Quantum edge-to-edge high quality steel pocketed innerspring coils sandwiched between that act as the core support to the mattress and provide deep compression support with great edge support.
- 3″ Response Layer – same as the top layers
- 1″ Top Comfort Layer – same as top layers
The cover of the IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress is a highly breathable, all natural organic cotton cover which goes all the way around the mattress, allows greater airflow through the mattress and aids in cooling.
The cover features double button tufting soft yarn rosettes which hold the layers of the mattress together and increases the overall durability and stability of this mattress.
There are also carry handles on each side of the mattress which allow you to easily move around the mattress and flip it over whenever you want.
Firmness and Support
The IDLE Sleep hybrid mattress comes in two firmness levels, Medium and Luxury Firm. It also allows you to select the firmness of each side of the bed and have two Firm sides, two Medium sides or one Medium and one Firm side.
We tested the mattress and felt the Medium side to be around a 6.5 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest) and the Luxury Firm around 9.
In terms of support, the IDLE Sleep Natural Latex mattress provided us with excellent support in all sleeping positions. Its nice 14″ thick design combined with the pocketed coil system and latex layers did a great job of lifting Andrew’s heavy body weight and our combined weights sleeping as a couple and supported them with ease.
The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress is an extremely comfortable mattress with its soft organic cotton cover and wool beneath providing a pleasant and cool sleeping surface and a natural latex layer offering good amount of pressure relief, support and a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness.
A nice 14″ thickness of this mattress, combined with the natural latex and pocketed coil system will cradle your body to provide excellent pressure relief while also having enough firmness and support necessary to keep your spine properly aligned in all sleeping positions.
The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress sleeps pretty cool due to the use of the natural latex, organic cotton and wool in its construction.
All of these materials are known for their cooling properties and will allow greater airflow through the mattress, wick away moisture and ensure the mattress sleeps cool and keep you comfortable.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress does a good job of minimizing the amount of sinkage and motion transfer, especially compared to most mattresses we have reviewed.
Its thick 14″ design and high quality picketed coil layer along with latex layers and wool on top all worked together to lift Andrew’s weight and our combined weights as a couple with ease and distribute them evenly across the bed.
Edge support is also good with this mattress due to its edge-to-edge Quantum coil design.
As for motion transfer, it is a little more noticeable with this mattress due to its hybrid construction and the use of pocketed springs and natural latex that is known for the bounce and responsiveness that it provides. But, it was nothing too serious and did not interfere with our sleep.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the box. Its hybrid construction minimizes the degree of off-gassing typical for memory foam mattresses.
- 18 Full Month Home Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- American made
The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress is somewhat higher priced compared to most beds we have reviewed, coming in at $2141 for a Queen, but this a good price given the quality materials and construction used in this mattress.
Brentwood Home Cedar Natural Luxe
Construction and Materials
The Brentwood Home Cedar Natural Luxe is a 11″ latex and pocketed coil hybrid. It is a “green” mattress made up of all natural materials including natural latex, GOTS certified organic cotton fiber, organic coconut husks and Alpaca wool.
- 1″ Alpaca Wool Layer – This layer is 1″ of the incredibly soft Alpaca wool that is not only silky smooth and luxurious but also naturally hypoallergenic and flame resistant.
- 1.5″Articulated & Zoned GOLS Organic Certified Latex Layer – This layer is 1.5″ of GOLS organic certified Dunlop latex. It is computer designed and cut into 3 targeted zones that increase the surface area, allow greater heat dissipation and provide responsiveness and just the right amount of comfort and support to those areas of your body where it is needed most.
- 8″ Support Layer – This layer is 8″ of individually wrapped coil system which provides the core mattress support and deep compression support for the body during sleep. Reinforced coils in the lumbar region provide support for the lower back, and edge retention coils provide edge support as well.
- 0.5″ Base Support Layer – This layer is 0.5″ of organic coconut husks which helps with circulation and has anti-microbial properties. It is bonded with GOLS certified natural latex by hand-tufting and without the use of glue.
This time we got the incredibly comfortable Brentwood Home Cedar Natural Luxe mattress topper that we attached to the mattress and that added 3″ to the thickness of the mattress making it 14″ thick.
The Cedar Natural Luxe mattress has an organic hand–tufted cotton cover that is naturally pesticide free, eco-friendly, and quilted with natural fire-retardant silica sand.
It covers a layer of Alpaca wool that wicks away moisture, allows the circulation of air, and provides temperature regulation naturally via wool’s natural temperate regulating properties.
In addition, the mattress features eight hand-stitched and reinforced handles that allow you to easily move the mattress.
These handles are also designed to attach the optional Euro-designed topper to the mattress and hold it firmly in place with the help of the special buttons cut from imported coconut husks and finished by hand.
Firmness and Support
Unlike the IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress that comes in two firmness levels, the Cedar Natural Luxe mattress comes in only one firmness option, which is medium firm and it scores 6 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest.
The micro coil construction and the latex and wool in the top layers of this mattress provide more response and push-back than foam mattresses and give you the feeling of “floating on top of” the mattress, combined with the bouncier feeling of the supportive pocketed coil springs.
With its 11″ design and 3″ thick mattress topper that we attached to it, the Cedar mattress provides an excellent support for sleepers of different weights in all sleeping positions.
It has the firmness necessary for back and stomach sleeping and offers enough give in the top comfort layers to support shoulders and hips. It is a really supportive mattress and yet soft enough to be comfortable.
The premium materials used in the construction of the Cedar Natural Luxe mattress make it quite comfortable.
The soft cover with the quilted layer of organic cotton, wool and the latex and coil layers combine to provide a very comfortable sleeping surface and a nice degree of responsiveness and bounce.
Just like the IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid, the Cedar Natural Luxe mattress does a good job at sleeping cool due to its specific construction.
You will not get the sticky sweaty feeling that some mattresses cause as the natural materials and micro coil system used in the construction of this mattress allow excellent airflow and prevent the build-up of heat.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
There is a minimal degree of sinkage with this mattress and a decent amount of motion transfer due to its coil and latex design, but this again largely depends on the weight of the sleepers.
Edge support in this mattress is good, as the edges do not compress when sitting or lying near them and there is no feeling of “rolling off” the edge.
Its 11″ thick construction combined with the mattress topper prevents the heavier sleepers like Andrew to sink to the foundation when sitting on the edge.
As for the motion transfer, the bouncy latex and coil construction of the Cedar Natural Luxe causes some motion transfer when sleeping and changing positions during the night.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Cedar mattress gets high marks in this category for not releasing any noticeable smell upon opening the box. This has to do with the natural materials included in its construction which do not contain chemicals or petroleum by-products that usually produce the smell.
- 365 Night Sleep Trial
- 25 Year Warranty
- Handmade in Los Angeles at their own facility
- No questions asked return policy
- Free Shipping
The Cedar Natural Luxe mattress is a little bit pricey coming in at $1499 for a Queen. But, this is a good value given the quality materials used in the construction of this bed.
IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid vs. Brentwood Home Cedar Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid vs. Brentwood Home Cedar mattress.
|IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid||Brentwood Home Cedar|
|Layers||1″ of a natural wool quilted into the cover, 3″ of 100% Pure GOLS Certified Dunlop Latex, 6″ of Quantum edge-to-edge high quality steel pocketed innerspring coils, 3″ of 100% Pure GOLS Certified Dunlop Latex, 1″ of a natural wool quilted into the cover||2″ of natural Dunlop latex, 2″ of grooved Dunlop latex, 8″ of individually wrapped coils, 1″ of organic coconut husks|
|Cover||A highly breathable, all natural organic cotton cover featuring double button tufting soft yarn rosettes and carry handles on each side of the mattress||Organic hand–tufred cotton cover that is naturally pesticide free, eco-friendly, and quilted with natural fire-retardant silica sand|
|Firmness||6.5 - 9 out of 10||6-7 out of 10|
|Motion Transfer||Higher than in most other mattresses||Some motion transfer|
|Trial Period||18 Full Month Home Trial||120 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds||No questions asked return policy|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose the IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress if you like:
- Mattresses made of eco-friendly, natural materials – The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress is made of eco-friendly, all natural latex foam and organic cotton and wool which makes it ideal for those looking for beds made of natural materials.
- Mattresses with two firmness options in one bed – The IDLE Sleep Natural Latex Hybrid mattress comes with two firmness options in one bed: Medium and Luxury Firm.
- Mattresses that sleep cool – This mattress sleeps incredibly cool due to the use of a natural latex foam, wool and cotton known for their thermoregulating properties and pocketed coil system that allows greater airflow through the mattress.
- Mattresses with excellent edge support – The IDLE Sleep All Natural Latex Hybrid mattress features a unique quantum edge to edge support system that provides improved edge support and prevents the feeling of “rolling off” the edges.
- Durable beds – A unique 2-sided design of the IDLE Sleep Hybrid, which gives you the possibility to flip it over from time to time, allows even wearing and increases the durability of this mattress.
Choose Brentwood Home Cedar Natural Luxe mattress if you like:
- Eco-friendly materials – The Cedar mattress is a green mattress incorporating natural materials such as natural latex, coconut husks, organic cotton, and Alpaca Wool. It is one of the most natural mattresses you’ll find online, made without pesticides, toxins and harmful chemicals.
- Pressure relief – This mattress offers excellent pressure relief due to the special materials used in its construction.
- Comfort and bounce – The soft cover with the wool and the latex and coil layers combine to provide a very comfortable sleeping surface and a nice degree of responsiveness and bounce.