IDLE Sleep Hybrid vs. Brentwood Home Oceano
These days you don’t need to leave the comfort of your home to find a perfect mattress for your needs and sleep preferences. Many great mattress companies such as IDLE Sleep and Brentwood Home offer their mattresses online and you can get them simply by clicking a few buttons.
In this review we will take a look at two amazing hybrid mattresses: IDLE Sleep Hybrid and Brentwood Home Oceano, offered by the companies mentioned above.
Both are special foam and innerspring hybrid mattresses, but which one would be better for you? Read on and find out. Last updated
IDLE Sleep Hybrid
Construction and Materials
The IDLE hybrid mattress is a 14″ hybrid pocketed coil and foam mattress made up of various layers of foam and pocketed coils, with the top comfort layers which are basically duplicated when flipped over.
- A Natural Fire Resistant Barrier – Beneath the cover there is a natural fire resistant barrier that is free of carcinogenic chemicals, gases, toxins, HCN, HCI, and bromine.
- 1″ Top Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of contouring IDLE foam that is quilted into the cover and designed to provide softness and comfort to the top layer of the mattress.
- 2″ Cooling & Pressure Relief layer – This layer is 2″ of IDLE Cooling Buoyancy foam, a custom blend of foam that reacts faster than memory foam, provides better support, promises 4x better pressure relief than traditional memory foam and also helps provide more cooling to the mattress.
- 1″ Supportive Transition Layer – This layer is 1″ of the special foam that provides support and serves as the transition layer between the top comfort layers of memory foam and pocketed coil system below.
- 6″ Support Layer – This layer is 6″ of Quantum edge-to-edge high quality steel pocketed innerspring coils sandwiched between the layers of foam that acts as the core support to the mattress and provides deep compression support with great edge support.
- 1″ Supportive Transition Layer – same as top layers
- 2″ Cooling and Pressure Relief layer – same as the top layers
- 1″ Top Comfort Layer – same as top layers
- A Natural Fire Resistant Barrier
The cover of the IDLE Sleep hybrid mattress is infused with Thermocool – a material that aids in heat dissipation and acts as phase-change temperature regulating material that cools you when you’re warm, and warms you when you are cool.
It also features beautiful and durable carry handles and has a nice pattern on it that feels good and adds to the overall comfort and luxuriousness of this mattress.
Firmness and Support
The IDLE hybrid mattress comes in 2 different firmness options, Medium and Luxury Firm. We tested the medium firm model, and rate it around a 6.5 out of 10 (10 being firmest). The company says it is more of a 5.5 / 6, but in our experience, and like many hybrid models, it feels firmer.
In terms of support, the IDLE mattress does a really good job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions, with the top memory foam comfort layers providing body hug and contour with the underlying spring support layer providing the deep compression support for the body.
The IDLE Sleep Hybrid mattress is a rather comfortable mattress designed to provide the “best of both worlds”, the feel of the bounce and support of innerspring coils and the body hug and contour of memory foam.
The nice 14″ thickness of this mattress with its high quality pocketed coil support layer does a really good job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions, with the top memory foam comfort layers providing body hug and contour and the underlying spring support layer providing the deep compression support for the body.
Various cooling technologies used in the construction of this mattress make it sleep incredibly cool.
The Thermocool infused top layer as well as the IDLE Cooling Buoyancy foam, combined with the innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention, all contribute to helping this bed sleep much cooler than many models we have tested.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
This mattress does an good job with sinkage, especially compared to most mattresses we have reviewed. Its thick 14″ design and high quality coil construction along with layers of foam that helps minimize sinkage to the least bit.
Edge support is also very good with this mattress due to the edge-to-edge Quantum Coil design of the mattress.
As for the motion transfer, it is a little bit higher than in most memory foam mattresses we have reviewed, but it is to be expected with the hybrid construction of this mattress which naturally provides more bounce than the full foam or latex mattresses due to the innerspring coils in its construction.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The IDLE Sleep Hybrid gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the box. Its hybrid construction minimizes the degree of off-gassing typical for memory foam mattresses.
- 18 Full Month Home Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- American made
The IDLE Sleep Hybrid is pretty reasonably priced and comes in at $1299 for a Queen. This is a good price given the quality materials and construction used in this mattress.
Brentwood Home Oceano
Construction and Materials
The Brentwood Home Oceano is a 14″ thick premium hybrid mattress combining foam and micro coils composed of the following layers:
- 2″ Comfort Layer – This layer is 2″ of gel-infused Swirl memory foam that is designed to provide contouring support and help ensure cooling during sleep as well as pressure relief and also help provide motion isolation.
- 2″ Support Layer – This layer is 2″ of 1353 (in a queen) individual microcoils. This layer helps provide responsive comfort and support for the body during sleep.
- 1″ Cooling Layer – This layer is made up of 1″ of Air Luxe ventilated foam that provides ventilation and airflow and enables a cooler sleeping environment.
- 8″ Support Layer – This layer is 8″ of 5-Zone Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils that provide support for the mattress and deep compression support for the body during sleep. Reinforced coils around the edge provide edge support for the mattress and the entire layer is zoned to provide support to the various regions of the body needing the most support.
- 1″ Base Layer – This layer is 1″ of luxe high-density support foam that acts as the foundation for the layers above and provides greater stability to the mattress.
The Oceano mattress has a beautifully designed cover that is stretch-knit and made of highly breathable, soft and smooth, plant-based Tencel. This 4-way stretch cover is skin-friendly and hygienic.
It keeps your carbon footprint minimal and allows you to experience the full benefits of the memory foam comfort layer. The soft Eurotop with tailored tweed sides, custom handles, and button-tufted upholstery adds to the luxurious feel and appearance of this mattress.
Firmness and Support
The Oceano scores 6 out of 10 for firmness on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest. Heavier sleepers may press through the top comfort layers and feel a little on the softer side to them and more of the bouncier micro springs in the mattress.
In terms of support, this mattress, just like the IDLE Sleep Hybrid, provides excellent support. It is suitable for all sleeping positions as it provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support shoulders and hips while having necessary firmness to support your back and stomach.
The micro coil construction and gel memory foam layers provide a pretty high degree of bounce and responsiveness with the Oceano, and 14″ thick design provides a good support to heavier sleepers.
Just like the IDLE Hybrid, this mattress is very comfortable too. The tufted soft Tencel cover of the Oceano makes a really comfortable sleeping surface, and the combination of the top comfort layer of gel memory foam and micro coil layer provides a very supple and comfortable top layer to the mattress.
The foam and micro coil spring design provides a high level of responsiveness and a degree of bounce to the mattress which is ideal for the late night couple’s amorous activities.
This mattress does not retain heat due to its multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Air Luxe foam and Tencel top cover, so you won’t get the sticky sweaty feeling that some foam mattresses cause. The hybrid design of this mattress allows the air to circulate freely through it and it will keep you cool and comfortable.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Brentwood Home Oceano mattress does a great job at minimizing sinkage. However, due to its hybrid design, there is a decent amount of it, although this largely depends on the weight of the sleepers.
The Oceano also has solid edge support due to its 8-inch Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils, so you won’t feel like you’re going to roll off the mattress.
There is a small amount of motion transfer with this mattress when sleeping and changing positions during the night due to the foam and micro coil construction of the Oceano.
The Brentwood Home Oceano gets high marks in this category for not releasing any noticeable smell upon opening the box which many foam mattresses tend to have due to their plastic packages. Its hybrid nature also contributes to minimizing the amount of off-gassing.
- 1-Year Sleep Trial
- 25 Year Warranty
- Handmade in Los Angeles at their own facility
- No questions asked return policy
- Free Shipping
The Oceano is the premium hybrid mattress in Brentwood Home’s mattress lineup coming in at $1495 for a Queen. This is a reasonable price given the quality of materials used in its construction.
IDLE Sleep Hybrid vs. Brentwood Home Oceano Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the IDLE Sleep Hybrid vs. Brentwood Home Oceano mattress.
|IDLE Sleep Hybrid
|Brentwood Home Oceano
|A natural fire resistant barrier, 1″ of contouring IDLE foam, 2″ of IDLE Cooling Buoyancy foam, 1" Supportive Transition foam, 6″ of Quantum edge-to-edge high quality steel pocketed innerspring coils, 1" Supportive Transition foam, 2″ of IDLE Cooling Buoyancy foam, 1″ of contouring IDLE foam, a natural fire resistant barrier
|2″ of gel-infused Swirl memory foam, 2″ of 1353 (in a queen) individual microcoils, 1″ of Air Luxe ventilated foam, 8″ of 5-Zone Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils, 1″ of luxe high-density support foam
|Soft and breathable, infused with Thermocool
|A beautifully designed cover that is stretch-knit and made of highly breathable, soft and smooth, plant-based Tencel
|Some motion transfer
|Some motion transfer
|18 Full Month Home Trial
|1-Year Sleep Trial
|Refunds & Returns
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose the IDLE Sleep Hybrid mattress if you like:
- Mattresses suitable for all sleeping styles – The IDLE Sleep mattress provides two firmness options, a medium firm model with good support for all sleeping styles and a higher degree of bounce and responsiveness and firmer model that provides IDLE provides better support for back and stomach sleepers, as well as for heavier sleepers.
- Mattresses that sleep cool – The Thermocool infused top layer and IDLE Cooling Buoyancy foam, combined with the innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention, all make this bed sleep rather cool.
- Classic memory foam feel – The top foam layers of this mattress will provide that classic memory foam feel of hugging and contour and excellent pressure relief, but they won’t cause you to sink too much into the bed and feel enveloped by it.
- Durable beds – A unique 2-sided design of the IDLE Hybrid, which gives you the possibility to flip it over from time to time, allows even wearing and increases the durability of this mattress.
Choose Brentwood Home Oceano mattress if you like:
- Mattress with excellent support – The Brentwood Home Oceano provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support your shoulders and hips, while also having the firmness necessary for your back and stomach. This makes it ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Mattress with bounce – The micro coil construction and gel memory foam layers of this mattress provide a high degree of bounce and responsiveness.
- Cool sleeping mattress – The Brentwood Home Oceano sleeps quite cool due to the multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Air Luxe foam, and wool / Tencel top cover.
- Sharing your bed – The Oceano is a good choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner. The micro coil and foam construction of this mattress causes less motion transfer when sleeping and changing positions with your partner during the night.