IDLE Sleep Gel Plush vs. Bear
We are back with another comparison. This time again it will be between two all foam mattresses: IDLE Sleep Gel Plush and Bear.
The IDLE Sleep Gel Plush is a 14″ gel infused mattress blended with 100% natural 500GSM IceCool cotton cover that will provide you with the feeling of sleeping on clouds and help you stay refreshed all night long, while the Bear is unique in that it is the only mattress that incorporates special Celliant technology aimed at helping with pain and muscle recovery, diffusing heat and stimulating a deep and sound sleep.
Read our review and find out how these two mattresses compare to each other, what are their unique characteristics and benefits, and pick the one that would best work for you. Last updated
IDLE Sleep Gel Plush
Construction and Materials
The Idle Gel Plush is a 14″ all foam mattress made up of the following layers:
- 1″ Top Comfort Layer – This layer is 1″ of custom blended foam with gel infusion that is sewn into a cover and designed to react faster than memory foam and provide better support, pressure relief and cooler sleep.
- Natural Fire Resistant Barrier – Right below the top comfort layer of cooling buoyancy foam there is a 100% natural cotton barrier that doesn’t contain any harmful and artificial chemicals and materials and that wraps around all other layers.
- 3″ Response Layer – This layer is 3″ of Idle Gel-Infused Buoyancy Foam that is the company’s custom blend foam designed to be more responsive than memory foam which makes changing positions and getting in and out of bed during the night much easier. It also doesn’t retain heat, provides a better support than traditional memory foam and better pressure relief.
- 3″ Support Layer – This layer is 3″ of the special memory foam designed to provide the right amount of support to those areas of your body where it is needed most. It also doesn’t retain heat and has a quick response to pressure.
- 8″ Base Layer – This layer is 8″ of durable high-density foam that provides deep compression support and minimizes motion transfer. It also serves as the foundation for the layers above and provides greater durability and stability to the mattress.
- Fireproof Cloth – Here again we have a 100% natural fireproof cotton barrier.
The cover of the IDLE Gel Plush mattress is a special IceFabric cover that is sewn into the quilted surface and and that wraps the Idle buoyancy foam. It is extremely soft, cool and pleasant to the touch and adds to the overall comfort and luxuriousness of this mattress.
Firmness and Support
This mattress comes in only one firmness option and we rate it at a 5,5 out of 10 (10 being the firmest).
It feels like a medium-firm mattress, although it is more on a softer side. Its quilted top comfort layer and the gel-infused foam layer below provide a soft feel and cradle your body to relieve pressure points while the slightly firmer support and base layers provide firmer support below.
In terms of support, the Idle Gel Plush mattress does a really good job of providing excellent support in all sleeping positions.
The IDLE Gel Plush mattress is quite comfortable with the soft quilted top and foam layer cradling your body and relieving pressure points and the support layer of memory foam and base layer below providing good support necessary for all sleeping positions.
The soft quilted top layer will provide you with the feeling of sleeping on clouds and eliminate any pain and discomfort while the special Idle buoyant foams will also provide a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness which facilitates changing positions during the night and getting in and out of bed and makes this mattress good for sex.
Various gel-infused cooling buoyancy foams used in the construction of this mattress make it sleep incredibly cool.
They not only provide extraordinary pressure relief, but also work with the special cover to keep the mattress cool and prevent the build up of heat and that sticky, sweaty feeling typical for many all foam mattresses.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The IDLE Gel Plush mattress does a good job with sinkage. Although Andrew compressed the top foam layers quite a bit, he couldn’t feel the firm base layer below.
The edge support with this mattress is also good when compared to other mattresses.
As for motion transfer, it was minimal with this mattress, although there is a nice degree of bounce and responsiveness coming from its responsive and buoyant foams.
Smell / Off-Gassing
This mattress gets high marks for not having too much of a noticeable smell upon opening the box.
The company uses only Natural, CentiPUR-US certified foams which significantly minimizes the degree of off-gassing that all foam mattresses usually have.
- 18 Full Month Home Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- American made
The IDLE Sleep Gel Plush comes in at $995. But, this is a good price given the highest-quality materials used in the construction of this mattress and the overall comfort and luxuriousness that it provides.
Construction and Materials
The Bear mattress is a 10″ thick memory foam mattress made up of 3 layers of graphite gel-infused memory foam, quick response foam, and core support foam wrapped in a Celliant cover.
- 1″ Top comfort layer – This layer is made of 1″ of graphite-infused memory foam designed to provide cooling and comfort. Graphite-infused memory foam has been shown to be 7 times cooler than traditional memory foam.
- 2.5″ Middle support layer – This layer is made of 2.5″ of quick response foam and provides responsive support and pressure relief. The special proprietary Bear Quick Response Foam used here provides faster responsiveness when changing positions during the night.
- 6.5″ Bottom foundation layer – This layer is made of 6.5″ of core support foam that provides deep compression support and serves as the foundation for the layers above.
The Bear has a cover made of polyester and Celliant. Celliant cooling technology within this cover converts body heat into infrared light, helps with muscle recovery, and ensures a quality sleep, which makes this mattress ideal for athletes and those with an active lifestyle.
Firmness and Support
The Bear mattress, just like the IDLE Sleep Gel Plush, is a universal comfort mattress coming in at a 7 on the firmness scale (10 being firmest). The combination of graphite gel-infused memory foam and quick response foam in the comfort and support layers provides a somewhat firmer feel, but with time the mattress perfectly adapts to your body.
Andrew as a heavier sleeper than me felt the Bear was on the firmer side, which is often the case for him with many universal comfort memory foam mattresses.
This is because he tends to compress through thinner top comfort layers and feel the underlying firmer foundation layers beneath, but I felt it was just right as I generally prefer mattresses with a firmer feel. With the time, however, it totally adapted to our bodies and seemed less firm to Andrew.
The 10-inch design of this mattress and the combination of different foam layers in its construction provide a good support for various sleep positions. The 3.5″ comfort layer provides enough responsiveness and bounce and works together with the underlying core support layer to prevent you from sinking too much in the mattress, and it is especially good for heavier sleepers like my boyfriend.
The graphite gel-infused memory foam, a quick response foam, and overall construction of this mattress provide a comfortable sleep in all sleeping positions.
The mattress quickly responds to changes in position during the night, and it does not cause the feeling of being stuck in foam typical for most memory foam mattresses.
The Bear mattress also has a good degree of bounce coming from the responsive foam layer used in its construction, which is especially beneficial for late night’s amorous activities of couples.
The Bear mattress, just like the IDLE Sleep Gel Plush, sleeps quite cool due to its use of the graphite gel-infused memory foam known to sleep 7x cooler than a traditional foam. It not only stimulates faster muscle recovery, but also prevents heat retention and creates a cool and comfortable sleep surface that allows continuous and restful sleep.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
There was an average amount of sinkage with the Bear mattress, but this was mostly due to Andrew’s heavier weight (230 lbs).
When sitting up or near the edge, he compressed the mattress to a certain degree. However, when lying prone on the bed during the night, the mattress did a good job at supporting his body, and it distributed his weight evenly. As a lighter sleeper, I did not sink into the mattress so much.
As for motion transfer, there is a moderate amount of it with the Bear due to the use of the responsive memory foam layer in its construction, but it is nothing too serious to disturb your sleep during the night.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Bear Mattress has a minimal amount of off-gassing upon opening the box, which is to be expected due to its all foam construction and the nature of its delivery. However, any smell that is present dissipates within a few hours.
- 100 Night Sleep Trial
- 10 Year Warranty
- Made in America
- No questions asked return policy
- Free Shipping
The Bear is reasonably priced coming in at $850 for a Queen, but you can get it for only $800 with $50 memoryfoamtalk.com coupon.
IDLE Sleep Gel Plush vs. Bear Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the IDLE Sleep Gel Plush vs. Bear mattress.
|IDLE Sleep Gel Plush||Bear|
|Layers||1″ of custom blended foam with gel infusion, a 100% natural cotton barrier, 3″ of Idle Gel-Infused Buoyancy Foam, 3″ of the special memory foam, 8″ of durable high-density foam, a 100% natural fireproof cotton barrier||1″ of graphite infused memory foam, 2.5″ of quick response foam, 6.5″ of core support foam|
|Cover||A special IceFabric cover that is sewn into the quilted surface and that is made of 500GSM pure cotton||Made of polyester and Celliant|
|Motion Transfer||Minimal||Moderate amount of motion transfer|
|Trial Period||18 Full Month Home Trial||100 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||Yes||No questions asked return policy|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose the IDLE Sleep Gel Plush mattress if you like:
- Classic memory foam feel – This mattress features various layers of special foams that will provide the softness and that classic memory foam feel that will make you get the impression of sleeping on clouds.
- Pressure relieving mattresses – This mattress will cushion and cradle your body to relieve your pressure points and provide you with a relaxed and painless sleeping experience.
- All foam mattresses that sleep cool – The IDLE Sleep Gel Plush mattress features unique breathable cover and special cooling technologies that will keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
Choose Bear mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel without the feeling of being trapped – The layer of responsive memory foam within this mattress allows you to change positions during the night, and it does not cause the feeling of being stuck in foam typical for most memory foam mattresses.
- A cool-sleeping mattress – The unique design of this mattress combining the graphite gel-infused memory foam and the Celliant does a good job at regulating temperature and keeping this mattress cool throughout the entire night.
- Leading an active lifestyle – Celliant cooling technology incorporated within the cover of the Bear mattress converts body heat into infrared light, helps with muscle recovery, and ensures a quality sleep, which makes this mattress ideal for athletes and those with an active lifestyle