Haven Boutique vs. Tempur Pedic
In today’s review we’ll take a look at Haven Boutique and Tempur Pedic, two great all foam mattresses constructed of premium materials and designed to provide amazing comfort.
The Haven Boutique is a 14″ all foam mattress designed to keep you feeling cushioned, supported and cool and provide you with 5-star sleep all night long, while the Tempur Pedic is a full memory foam mattress made of high-quality dense and cooling foam layers that provide incredible comfort and hug typical for a memory foam.
Read our review to see what we think about these unique all foam mattresses and find out which one would be a better fit for your specific needs and sleep preferences. Last updated
Construction and Materials
The Haven Boutique is a 14″ thick mattress made of 5 layers of various foams:
- Ice Fabric Cover and Buoyancy Foam – The top comfort layer of this mattress is made of gel that is sewn into the quilted surface and that wraps around the special Haven Buoyancy Foam. It provides freshness, softness and luxurious feel to the top and relieves pressure points.
- 1″ Cooling Layer – This layer is made of 1″ of the special custom blend Haven Cooling Buoyancy foam. It is highly breathable and helps regulate your body temperature to keep you cool in summer and warm in winter and comfortable all year round.
- Natural Fire Resistant Barrier – Below the top comfort layers of this mattress there is a 100% natural cotton barrier which wraps around the other foam layers below. It is fire resistant and it also improves breathability and aids in cooling.
- 2″ Gel-Infused Buoyancy Foam Layer – This layer is 2″ of custom blended buoyancy foam with gel infusion. It has a faster response to pressure than memory foam and offers better support for more pressure relief. It also sleeps quite cool due to gel infusion.
- 3″ Haven Memory Foam Layer – This layer is made of 3″ of special Haven memory foam that has greater thermal neutrality than traditional memory foam and thus provides more support than traditional memory foam, retains less heat and goes back into shape much quicker.
- 8″ Base Layer – This layer is made of 8″ of high density Haven foam that serves as the foundation for other foam layers above and provides greater stability and durability to the mattress.
The Haven Boutique mattress has a unique Ice fabric cover with gel sewn into the quilted surface and that wraps around the Haven Buoyancy foam. It is incredibly cool to he touch and provides freshness and soft and luxurious feel to this mattress.
Firmness and Support
This mattress also comes in only one firmness option and we rate it at a 5,5 out of 10 (10 being the firmest).
A nice 14″ thick design of this mattress worked perfectly with various responsive foam layers to support Andrew’s heavy weight and prevent him from sinking too much into the mattress and feel trapped in foam.
It is true that the Haven Boutique falls more on the softer side, but it did a great job in terms of support and provided us with excellent support in all sleeping positions.
A nice 14″ thickness of the Haven Boutique and various luxurious foams used in its construction make it super comfortable.
Its special foam layers will cradle and cushion your body for a perfect pressure relief, while it will also have enough firmness to keep your spine properly aligned and provide you with a comfortable, pain-free night’s sleep.
These foams are also responsive and will quickly respond to your body and movements and allow you to easily move around and get in and out of bed during the night.
The Haven Boutique mattress sleeps incredibly cool. Every single layer of this mattress features special cooling technologies designed to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
They also work with the soft and breathable cover and fireproof cloth to allow greater airflow through the mattress and prevent the appearance of that sticky, sweaty feeling present with many mattresses made entirely of foam.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Haven Boutique mattress does a good job of minimizing the amount of sinkage and motion transfer. It lifted Andrew’s heavy body weight and our combined weights sleeping as a couple with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed.
The edge support with this mattress is also good when compared to other mattresses.
As for motion transfer, there is no motion transfer with this mattress. A nice 14″ thickness of the Haven Boutique mattress and special foam layers used in its construction did a great job of eliminating motion transfer.
Smell / Off-Gassing
As for smell / off-gassing, the Haven Boutique gets excellent marks for not having too much of a noticeable smell upon opening the box.
- 18 Full Month Home Trial
- Forever-Unlimited Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- American made
The Haven Boutique mattress comes in at $995 for a Queen, but this is a great price given the quality materials, the special technologies used in the construction of this mattress and all the luxuriousness and comfort that it provides.
Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe Breeze
Construction and Materials
Tempur-Pedic, unlike other mattress companies, don’t share a lot of information about their technology. They consider it proprietary information, so there are not many details about the materials they use for the construction of their mattresses, density of the layers, etc.
Tempur Pedic Cloud Luxe Breeze is an all-foam mattress by design and it is based on the following layers:
- PureCool+ Phase Change Top Layer: This is their new comfort layer that includes exclusive technology designed to wick heat away from the body and provide a cooling layer. All memory foam, no gel materials or anything, and not a lot of public information on exactly what the Breeze consists of.
- TEMPUR-CM+ Layer: This is their support layer, made of the advanced TEMPUR material which allows maximum airflow and works with the top layer to dissipate heat for all-night cooling comfort and provide overall sleep support.
- The Foundation Layer: This Layer is made of the Ventilated TEMPUR-APR material which is known to be one of the most pressure relieving materials ever and now it also comes with an ultra breathable design. It serves as the core foundation of this mattress and provides overall support and base for the mattress.
The cover of the Tempur Pedic Cloud Luxe Breeze comes with a SmartClimate Dual Cover System. It is an advanced zip-off cover with double the cool-to-touch power that cool and pleasant to the touch and that will also make you feel cooler when you lie down.
Firmness & Support
The new Tempur Pedic Cloud Luxe Breeze soft model is quite soft when compared to other models. The PureCool+ Phase Change layer and TEMPUR-CM+ layer of this mattress place it around a 4-5 on a 10-point scale (10 being the firmest). So, when you lay on the mattress, you sink into it quite a bit, especially if you are a heavier sleeper like Andrew (230lbs).
The Tempur Pedic differs from many other memory foam mattresses in that it may initially seem to sleep hot or be too hard. However, the company recommends a 2-3 week “break-in” period for your body to acclimate to the mattress, and as the time passes your body totally adapts to it.
As it has been already mentioned, the new Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe Breeze soft is a very soft model and it gives you the feeling of sleeping on a could. It is extremely comfortable, it cushions your body and feels super luxurious.
Although it doesn’t have any special technology and materials included in its construction, its high-quality, heavy foam for which it is known perfectly conforms and adapts to your body.
Tempur Pedics used to be known for sleeping hot. The early models would be hot in the summer, and hard and cold in the winter. The ones we have used and slept on were no different.
The company has introduced their special cooling technology to address this, which is a key feature in the Tempur Pedic Cloud Luxe Breeze model which to a degree isn’t bad, but really is just more layers of memory foam designed to wick heat away.
These innovations are equally as effective as those of the mattresses including the newer heat regulating technology such as the use of copper, gel cooling layer or latex. Their new cooling technology does keep the mattress much cooler than previous generations of Tempur Pedic models for sure.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
Tempur Pedics are known for having a very minimal motion transfer, due to the use of a high-quality dense foam in their construction.
However, unlike with the IDLE Sleep Gel Foam, sinkage with the new Cloud Luxe Breeze is a little pronounced, because it is Tempur Pedic’s softest model, and when Andrew sat down on it, it compressed quite a bit but did not cause him to sink down to the foundation.
Smell / Off-Gassing
Although there was a significant chemical smell with the earlier Tempur Pedics, they seemed to have addressed this with the current models, and with their delivery of uncompressed mattresses. So, no noticeable smell comes from the Cloud Luxe Breeze.
Tempur Pedic used to sell their mattresses through major mattress retailers exclusively which helped them avoid dealing directly with the customers. Lately, however, they began selling their mattresses online as well.
Tempur Pedic customer service includes:
- 90 Night Sleep Trial
- 10 Year Warranty
- In-home delivery guaranteed by Tempur Pedic.
Although Tempur Pedics are generally expensive (a queen Cloud Luxe Breeze costs $4499), the company offers discounts which can help you save up to 30% on certain sizes of the Cloud Luxe Breeze.
Haven Boutique vs. Tempur Pedic Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Haven Boutique vs. Tempur Pedic mattress.
|Haven Boutique||Haven Premier|
|Layers||Ice Fabric Cover and Buoyancy Foam, 1″ of the special custom blend Haven Cooling Buoyancy foam, a 100% natural cotton barrier, 2″ of custom blended buoyancy foam with gel infusion, 3″ of special Haven memory foam, 8″ of high density Haven foam||All natural organic cotton cloth, 3″ of Haven’s custom blended cooling buoyancy foam, 2″ of perforated memory foam, 7″ of high-density supportive base foam|
|Cover||A unique Ice fabric cover with gel sewn into the quilted surface||A high quality quilted cover designed to work with the body’s natural thermal capabilities|
|Motion Transfer||No motion transfer||Minimal|
|Trial Period||18 Full Month Home Trial||18 Full Month Home Trial|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||Yes||Yes|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose the Haven Boutique mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – The Haven Boutique mattress is made entirely of the proprietary designed foams which will hug and mold to your body to provide you with incredible comfort and relieve your pressure points.
- Comfortable mattresses – The Haven Boutique features special foams designed to provide a perfect balance of pressure relieving comfort and support which makes this mattress one of the most comfortable mattresses available these days.
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The Haven Boutique mattress uses various cooling technologies such as gel-infused foams and breathable foams, gel sewn into a breathable cover, etc. which minimize heat retention and increase airflow to create an optimal level of comfort necessary for a restorative night’s sleep.
Choose Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe Breeze if you like:
- The feel of the memory foam – If you like the soft feel of full memory foam mattresses, then the Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe Breeze may be the right choice for you. It is an all foam mattress, made of the high-quality dense foam layers that provide necessary comfort and hug typical for memory foam.
- Soft mattresses – Cloud Luxe Breeze a very soft all foam mattress. Its top comfort layers provide enough cushioning and they perfectly mold to your body.
- Sharing your bed – Memory foam is known for causing minimal or no motion transfer at all, and the Cloud Luxe Breeze does a good job at isolating excessive motion transfer as well due to its dense memory foam layers. Therefore, if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner, this mattress may be ideal for you. You can change your position or get in and out of bed during the night freely without disturbing your beloved one.