Haven Boutique vs. Leesa Original
In this review we take a look at two great all foam beds again. Both are relatively new on the market and both come with some extraordinary new features that make them stand out from other similar all foam mattresses currently present on the online mattress market.
One is the Haven Boutique, a 14″ all foam mattress designed to keep you feeling cushioned, supported and cool and provide you with 5-star sleep all night long, while the other is the Leesa Original, an updated version of the original Leesa mattress, a popular online memory foam mattress that helped pioneer the Bed-In-A-Box mattress industry.
Read our review to see what we think about these mattresses and pick the best one for your needs and sleep preferences. Last updated
Construction and Materials
The Haven Boutique is a 14″ thick mattress made of 5 layers of various foams:
- Ice Fabric Cover and Buoyancy Foam – The top comfort layer of this mattress is made of gel that is sewn into the quilted surface and that wraps around the special Haven Buoyancy Foam. It provides freshness, softness and luxurious feel to the top and relieves pressure points.
- 1″ Cooling Layer – This layer is made of 1″ of the special custom blend Haven Cooling Buoyancy foam. It is highly breathable and helps regulate your body temperature to keep you cool in summer and warm in winter and comfortable all year round.
- Natural Fire Resistant Barrier – Below the top comfort layers of this mattress there is a 100% natural cotton barrier which wraps around the other foam layers below. It is fire resistant and it also improves breathability and aids in cooling.
- 2″ Gel-Infused Buoyancy Foam Layer – This layer is 2″ of custom blended buoyancy foam with gel infusion. It has a faster response to pressure than memory foam and offers better support for more pressure relief. It also sleeps quite cool due to gel infusion.
- 3″ Haven Memory Foam Layer – This layer is made of 3″ of special Haven memory foam that has greater thermal neutrality than traditional memory foam and thus provides more support than traditional memory foam, retains less heat and goes back into shape much quicker.
- 8″ Base Layer – This layer is made of 8″ of high density Haven foam that serves as the foundation for other foam layers above and provides greater stability and durability to the mattress.
The Haven Boutique mattress has a unique Ice fabric cover with gel sewn into the quilted surface and that wraps around the Haven Buoyancy foam. It is incredibly cool to he touch and provides freshness and soft and luxurious feel to this mattress.
Firmness and Support
This mattress also comes in only one firmness option and we rate it at a 5,5 out of 10 (10 being the firmest).
A nice 14″ thick design of this mattress worked perfectly with various responsive foam layers to support Andrew’s heavy weight and prevent him from sinking too much into the mattress and feel trapped in foam.
It is true that the Haven Boutique falls more on the softer side, but it did a great job in terms of support and provided us with excellent support in all sleeping positions.
A nice 14″ thickness of the Haven Boutique and various luxurious foams used in its construction make it super comfortable.
Its special foam layers will cradle and cushion your body for a perfect pressure relief, while it will also have enough firmness to keep your spine properly aligned and provide you with a comfortable, pain-free night’s sleep.
These foams are also responsive and will quickly respond to your body and movements and allow you to easily move around and get in and out of bed during the night.
The Haven Boutique mattress sleeps incredibly cool. Every single layer of this mattress features special cooling technologies designed to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
They also work with the soft and breathable cover and fireproof cloth to allow greater airflow through the mattress and prevent the appearance of that sticky, sweaty feeling present with many mattresses made entirely of foam.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Haven Boutique mattress does a good job of minimizing the amount of sinkage and motion transfer. It lifted Andrew’s heavy body weight and our combined weights sleeping as a couple with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed.
The edge support with this mattress is also good when compared to other mattresses.
As for motion transfer, there is no motion transfer with this mattress. A nice 14″ thickness of the Haven Boutique mattress and special foam layers used in its construction did a great job of eliminating motion transfer.
Smell / Off-Gassing
As for smell / off-gassing, the Haven Boutique gets excellent marks for not having too much of a noticeable smell upon opening the box.
- 18 Full Month Home Trial
- Forever-Unlimited Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- American made
The Haven Boutique mattress comes in at $995 for a Queen, but this is a great price given the quality materials, the special technologies used in the construction of this mattress and all the luxuriousness and comfort that it provides.
Construction and Materials
The Leesa Original is an all foam mattress that combines premium foams for extraordinary cooling, contouring and pressure-relieving support. It is composed of the following layers:
- 2″ Cooling Foam Top Layer – The top layer is 2″ of the special cooling foam, designed to provide both hug of a classic memory foam and enough bounce which facilitates moving around in bed and prevents you from feeling stuck in foam. The special structure of this foam also allows greater airflow through the mattress and aids in cooling.
- 2″ Contouring Memory Foam Layer – This layer is made up of 2″ of contouring memory foam designed to support the body and provide pressure relief and proper spinal alignment.
- 6″ Core Support Foam Base Layer – This layer is 6″ of dense support foam that serves as the foundation for the layers above and works with them to provide excellent support for all types of sleepers and all sleeping positions.
The Leesa Original has a seamless gray, twill fabric cover that is extremely soft to the touch. The cover works to provide a cool sleeping surface that is pleasant to the touch and increase the overall comfort and luxuriousness of this mattress.
Firmness and Support
Just like the Haven Boutique, the Leesa Original comes in one universal firmness option designed to appeal to a wide range of sleepers, and it is around a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest.
However, firmness is largely weight dependent and I tended to compress the top layers less than Andrew who weights considerably more than I do. Unlike its predecessor, the Leesa Original mattress provided us with excellent support in all sleeping positions and did not cause Andrew to compress the mattress so much and bottom out when sitting up on it.
The Leesa Original mattress is, just like the Haven Boutique, a comfortable mattress. Its top comfort cooling foam layer is soft enough to mold to your body and offers incredible pressure relief to prevent the appearance of pressure points and dead arm sensation while it’s at the same time supportive enough to keep your spine properly aligned regardless of your the position you sleep in.
The special foams used in its construction also provide a bit of responsiveness and bounce which facilitates moving around and getting in and out of bed during the night.
Andrew felt this mattress was supportive enough for his heavy weight, and it didn’t cause him to reach the foundation of our bed. So, if you are a heavier sleeper, you will find this mattress quite comfortable and it’s thinner construction won’t affect your overall comfort and the quality of your sleep.
As for sleeping hot, the Leesa does a good job here, and it is about average in this category.
Its top comfort layer made of the special cooling foam combined with the soft breathable cover prevents the build-up of excessive body heat, eliminates any discomfort and the feeling of stickiness usually present with many all foam mattresses and provides you with a cool and comfortable night’s sleep.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
As it has been already said, sinkage and motion transfer is highly dependent on sleeper’s weight and as Andrew weights around 230 lbs, he compressed a bit the top comfort layer of this mattress, but the special foam used in this layer worked perfectly with the memory foam layer and the firmer base layer below to prevent him from sinking all the way down through the mattress and bottoming out.
Edge support is also good with this mattress. Andrew didn’t press all the way down through the mattress and come to rest on the foundation of our bed when sitting on or near its edge, and it worked perfectly well for me as well. We also didn’t experience any feeling of sliding and rolling off the bed.
As for motion transfer, there is almost no motion transfer with this mattress due to its all foam construction which isolates movements between partners to the least bit.
Smell / Off-Gassing
There is a small degree of off-gassing/smell upon opening the box. It is due to the all-foam construction of this mattress, but it is nothing overpowering when compared to some other mattresses we have reviewed.
- Shipping – free shipping, arrives in 3-6 days
- 10 Year Warranty
- 100 Night Sleep Trial Period
- Made in the USA
Leesa is pretty reasonably priced when compared to the in-store brands, and it comes in at $1099 for a queen.
Click here to read the full Leesa Hybrid mattress review.
Haven Boutique vs. Leesa Original Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Haven Boutique vs. Leesa Original mattress.
|Haven Boutique||Leesa Original|
|Layers||Ice Fabric Cover and Buoyancy Foam, 1″ of the special custom blend Haven Cooling Buoyancy foam, a 100% natural cotton barrier, 2″ of custom blended buoyancy foam with gel infusion, 3″ of special Haven memory foam, 8″ of high density Haven foam||2″ of the special cooling foam, 2″ of contouring memory foam, 6″ of dense support foam|
|Cover||A unique Ice fabric cover with gel sewn into the quilted surface||Seamless gray, twill fabric cover that is extremely soft to the touch|
|Motion Transfer||No motion transfer||Very minimal|
|Trial Period||18 Full Month Home Trial||100 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping, arrives in 2-7 days|
|Refunds & Returns||Yes||Yes|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose the Haven Boutique mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – The Haven Boutique mattress is made entirely of the proprietary designed foams which will hug and mold to your body to provide you with incredible comfort and relieve your pressure points.
- Comfortable mattresses – The Haven Boutique features special foams designed to provide a perfect balance of pressure relieving comfort and support which makes this mattress one of the most comfortable mattresses available these days.
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The Haven Boutique mattress uses various cooling technologies such as gel-infused foams and breathable foams, gel sewn into a breathable cover, etc. which minimize heat retention and increase airflow to create an optimal level of comfort necessary for a restorative night’s sleep.
Choose Leesa Original mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – The softness of the Leesa Original cover combined with the initial soft response from its memory foam layers provide a soft feel typical for memory foam.
- Sleeping cool – The thin cover of this mattress and the use of the special cooling technologies in its construction allow easier air flow, make this mattress breathable, and eliminate the feeling of stickiness usually present in memory foam mattresses.