Haven Boutique vs. Layla
In this review we’ll take a look at Haven Boutique and Layla, two incredible all foam mattresses that come with an innovative design and some interesting cooling features.
The Haven Boutique is a 14″ all foam mattress designed to keep you feeling cushioned, supported and cool and provide you with 5-star sleep all night long, while the Layla is an innovative mattress that offers some unique features, including the use of copper as well as a two-sided design that allows choosing the level of firmness.
Read our review to see what we think about these mattresses and find out which one would be a better pick for you. Last updated
Construction and Materials
The Haven Boutique is a 14″ thick mattress made of 5 layers of various foams:
- Ice Fabric Cover and Buoyancy Foam – The top comfort layer of this mattress is made of gel that is sewn into the quilted surface and that wraps around the special Haven Buoyancy Foam. It provides freshness, softness and luxurious feel to the top and relieves pressure points.
- 1″ Cooling Layer – This layer is made of 1″ of the special custom blend Haven Cooling Buoyancy foam. It is highly breathable and helps regulate your body temperature to keep you cool in summer and warm in winter and comfortable all year round.
- Natural Fire Resistant Barrier – Below the top comfort layers of this mattress there is a 100% natural cotton barrier which wraps around the other foam layers below. It is fire resistant and it also improves breathability and aids in cooling.
- 2″ Gel-Infused Buoyancy Foam Layer – This layer is 2″ of custom blended buoyancy foam with gel infusion. It has a faster response to pressure than memory foam and offers better support for more pressure relief. It also sleeps quite cool due to gel infusion.
- 3″ Haven Memory Foam Layer – This layer is made of 3″ of special Haven memory foam that has greater thermal neutrality than traditional memory foam and thus provides more support than traditional memory foam, retains less heat and goes back into shape much quicker.
- 8″ Base Layer – This layer is made of 8″ of high density Haven foam that serves as the foundation for other foam layers above and provides greater stability and durability to the mattress.
The Haven Boutique mattress has a unique Ice fabric cover with gel sewn into the quilted surface and that wraps around the Haven Buoyancy foam. It is incredibly cool to he touch and provides freshness and soft and luxurious feel to this mattress.
Firmness and Support
This mattress also comes in only one firmness option and we rate it at a 5,5 out of 10 (10 being the firmest).
A nice 14″ thick design of this mattress worked perfectly with various responsive foam layers to support Andrew’s heavy weight and prevent him from sinking too much into the mattress and feel trapped in foam.
It is true that the Haven Boutique falls more on the softer side, but it did a great job in terms of support and provided us with excellent support in all sleeping positions.
A nice 14″ thickness of the Haven Boutique and various luxurious foams used in its construction make it super comfortable.
Its special foam layers will cradle and cushion your body for a perfect pressure relief, while it will also have enough firmness to keep your spine properly aligned and provide you with a comfortable, pain-free night’s sleep.
These foams are also responsive and will quickly respond to your body and movements and allow you to easily move around and get in and out of bed during the night.
The Haven Boutique mattress sleeps incredibly cool. Every single layer of this mattress features special cooling technologies designed to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
They also work with the soft and breathable cover and fireproof cloth to allow greater airflow through the mattress and prevent the appearance of that sticky, sweaty feeling present with many mattresses made entirely of foam.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Haven Boutique mattress does a good job of minimizing the amount of sinkage and motion transfer. It lifted Andrew’s heavy body weight and our combined weights sleeping as a couple with ease and distributed them evenly across the bed.
The edge support with this mattress is also good when compared to other mattresses.
As for motion transfer, there is no motion transfer with this mattress. A nice 14″ thickness of the Haven Boutique mattress and special foam layers used in its construction did a great job of eliminating motion transfer.
Smell / Off-Gassing
As for smell / off-gassing, the Haven Boutique gets excellent marks for not having too much of a noticeable smell upon opening the box.
- 18 Full Month Home Trial
- Forever-Unlimited Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- American made
The Haven Boutique mattress comes in at $1299 for a Queen, but this is a great price given the quality materials, the special technologies used in the construction of this mattress and all the luxuriousness and comfort that it provides.
Construction and Materials
The Layla is an all-foam 10-inch mattress with 4 layers of copper-infused memory foam and base support foam. There is a core inner support foam layer and a comfort layer on each side of the mattress, which provide the different firmness settings when the mattress is flipped over.
- 3″ Comfort Layer (Soft setting) – 3″ of high-density copper infused memory foam that provides cooling and improves blood circulation
- 2″ Support Layer – 2″ of convoluted foam that provides airflow and support for the comfort layers on each side
- 4″ Base Support Foam – 4″ of 2.o ILD Poly Base foam that provides overall support for the mattress in both comfort configurations.
- 1″ Comfort Layer (Firm setting) – 1″ of the same high-density copper infused memory foam as 3″ layer.
The cover is soft and comfortable, lined with THERMOgel technology that causes the bed to react to your body’s sweat in order to keep you cool at night as well. Besides this the cover is colored differently on each firmness side of the mattress, and both soft and firm side are clearly marked.
Firmness and Support
Unlike the Haven Boutique, the Layla is unique in that you can go from a soft feel to a firm feel in the same bed simply by turning the mattress over.
We felt the soft side to be around a 5-6 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest. When we flipped it over to the firmer side the feel was around 8 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest.
The mattress does a great job at supporting both my lighter weight and the heavier weight of my partner without the feeling of being trapped in foam. It is a universal model that will satisfy just about all firmness preferences of the sleepers, from those that like the softer/medium feel to those wanting the firmer one.
Just like the Haven Boutique, the Layla mattress is a rather comfortable as it can satisfy both softer and firmer preferences of the sleepers and provide them with a luxurious feel.
Its soft cover and the all foam construction on the soft firmness allow you to sink in the mattress to a certain degree but not feel trapped. Similarly, if you prefer a firmer mattress, you just have to flip it over and you will be provided with a firmer comfort level.
The Layla does a great job at sleeping cool, just like the Haven Boutique, and it is far above almost every other mattress on the market in this category.
All foam beds usually lead to the build-up of heat and the feeling of stickiness, but with the Layla, there is no such problem due to the use of copper-infused foam in its construction. The THERMOgel infused cover contributes to not sweating when sleeping as well.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
Sinkage and motion transfer depend on which firmness level you prefer. As sinkage is largely weight dependant, Andrew sunk down more on the softer side than I did, but this is something he enjoys as he prefers the feeling of his body being contoured in foam which helps support his back and shoulders as well.
A firm side of the mattress causes less sinkage and the edge support is also better on the firm side than on the soft for the same reason. The Layla has a good edge support and Andrew did not compress or sink down to the foundation as it often happens with other memory foam mattresses.
When it comes to motion transfer, it is almost non-existent with Layla both on its soft side as well as on the firm side, which is a great benefit for couples.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Layla releases a minimal amount of smell upon opening of the box, which is quite surprising given the fact that it is an all-foam mattress. All the smell that is present dissipates within a few hours.
Layla Sleep Customer Service:
- 120-night sleep trial
- Made in the USA
- Free shipping and free returns
- Ships in 7 days
The Layla is very competitively priced at $849 for a Queen. This is an excellent price given the quality materials used in the construction of this mattress and its special cooling features.
Haven Boutique vs. Layla Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Haven Boutique vs. Layla mattress.
|Layers||Ice Fabric Cover and Buoyancy Foam, 1″ of the special custom blend Haven Cooling Buoyancy foam, a 100% natural cotton barrier, 2″ of custom blended buoyancy foam with gel infusion, 3″ of special Haven memory foam, 8″ of high density Haven foam||3″ of high density copper infused memory foam, 2″ of convoluted foam, 4″ of 2.o ILD Poly Base foam, 1″ of the same high density copper infused memory|
|Cover||A unique Ice fabric cover with gel sewn into the quilted surface||Soft and comfortable cover, lined with THERMOgel technology|
|Motion Transfer||No motion transfer||Very minimal|
|Trial Period||18 Full Month Home Trial||120 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping|
|Refunds & Returns||Yes||Free returns|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose the Haven Boutique mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – The Haven Boutique mattress is made entirely of the proprietary designed foams which will hug and mold to your body to provide you with incredible comfort and relieve your pressure points.
- Comfortable mattresses – The Haven Boutique features special foams designed to provide a perfect balance of pressure relieving comfort and support which makes this mattress one of the most comfortable mattresses available these days.
- A mattress that sleeps cool – The Haven Boutique mattress uses various cooling technologies such as gel-infused foams and breathable foams, gel sewn into a breathable cover, etc. which minimize heat retention and increase airflow to create an optimal level of comfort necessary for a restorative night’s sleep.
Choose Layla mattress if you like:
- Memory foam feel – Both the firm and the soft sides of the Layla contain copper infused memory foam that provides pressure relief. Its soft cover and the all foam construction allow you to sink in the mattress to a certain degree and provide you with the classic memory foam feel of contouring without the feeling of being trapped.
- Sleeping cool – The THERMOgel infused cover of this mattress and the use of cooper-infused foam in its construction prevent heat build-up, regulate the temperature and eliminate the sticky feeling that most all-foam mattresses cause.
- Adjustable mattress – The Layla could be an excellent choice for you if you are not sure which firmness level is right for you as it gives you the possibility to go from a soft to a firm feel in the same bed simply by turning the mattress over.
- Sharing your bed – The Layla mattress due to its all-foam construction causes very minimal motion transfer when changing positions or getting in and our of bed during the night, and it can be a great choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner.