DreamCloud Premier vs. Leesa Hybrid
Are you thinking about buying a hybrid mattress online? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.
Today again, we’ll be focusing on the characteristics and benefits of two luxury hybrid beds, the DreamCloud Premier mattress, and the Leesa Hybrid. Hopefully, this review may help you choose the one that will best meet your specific needs and preferences.
Let’s take a closer look at how the following features and services differ for these two quality hybrid mattresses. Last updated
Construction and Materials
The DreamCloud Premier is a 14″ pocketed coil and foam hybrid composed of 6 layers.
- Eurotop Cradle Layer– This layer is 1″ of premium, high loft memory foam that is quilted into the cover to cradle your body and provide you with the feel of sleeping on a cloud-like topper. It is also highly breathable and will keep the sleeping surface cool and pleasant to the touch.
- Eurotop Support Layer – This layer is 1″ of soft foam designed to support the layers above and complete your extra plush Euro Top.
- Pressure-Relief Comfort Layer – This layer is 2.5″ of gentle, contouring memory foam that provides amazing support and pressure relief to those areas of your body where it is needed the most.
- Targeted-Support Coil Layer – This layer is made of 8.5″ individually wrapped coils that promote airflow, reduce motion transfer, and flex to help support your curves and contours. They also provide excellent edge support and more sleep surface.
- Low Motion Transfer Support Layer – This layer is 1″ of carefully placed additional support foam that works with the pocketed coil layer to re-distribute unwanted vibrations from the coil system, reduce motion transfer and serve as the foundation for the layers above. It also increases the overall durability and stability of the mattress.
The cover of the new DreamCloud Premier mattress is made of ultra-soft Mongolian cashmere. It is natural, extremely breathable, and lightweight and will wick away any excess moisture and keep you cool and dry all night long.
Firmness and Support
The DreamCloud Premier hybrid mattress only comes in one firmness option which scores 6 out of 10, with 10 being the firmest.
The multiple layers of which it is comprised make it suitable for sleepers of different weights. Heavier sleepers will not press through the top comfort layers and feel the support layers beneath; they will feel the soft plush top comfort layers while at the same time their bodies will be supported by the pocketed coil layers.
This mattress also provides enough give in the top comfort layer to cradle your body when sleeping on your side, and it has the firmness needed to support your back and stomach. The top memory foam and latex comfort layers provide excellent body contour and give you a feeling of hug specific to memory foam.
As for comfort, the DreamCloud Premier is the most comfortable hybrid mattress that we have tested to date. The mattress is 15 inches thick with 5 different layers incorporated within it, out of which the gel-infused foam layer prevents heat retention and helps in cooling your body, while the top comfort foam layers with the soft cover provide good body contour and an overall feeling of luxury and comfort.
The hybrid construction of this mattress provides the expected degree of bounce to the mattress. The DreamCloud Premier provides a lot of comfort while offering enough support to the body where it is needed most, which makes this mattress perfect for all sleeping positions.
The DreamCloud Premier does a good job in reducing heat and keeping you cool due to the gel-infused foam layer and the innerspring layer innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention.
The use of the gel foam layer and the cashmere top cover combined with the hybrid coil construction all do a great job of ensuring the mattress sleeps cooler than most mattresses we have reviewed.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
This hybrid mattress does an excellent job with sinkage too as its 15″ thick construction along with the premium layers of foam and high-quality innerspring coil layer prevent sinkage in the least bit, even with heavy sleepers like my partner Andrew (230lbs).
Edge support is pretty noticeable on this mattress due to the use of the reinforced edge layer in the mattress construction. Although the initial foam layers do compress at the top, there is no feeling of sliding off the edge of the bed.
When it comes to motion transfer, individually pocketed coils within this mattress that help with the distribution of weight across the bed also cause a certain degree of motion transfer that is expected with a hybrid coil mattress that provides more bounce than a foam or latex mattress. However, the multiple foam layers used in its construction limit excessive movement.
DreamCloud Premier mattress also gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the box. The hybrid construction of this mattress minimizes the degree of off-gassing typical for all-foam mattresses.
- 365 night Trial period
- Everlong Lifetime Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money-back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
The DreamCloud Premier mattress is very reasonably priced coming in at $1399 for a Queen. This is totally unexpected given its luxury, hand-tufted cashmere, and other highest-quality materials used in its construction.
Click here to read the full DreamCloud Premier mattress review.
Construction and Materials
The Leesa Hybrid mattress is an 11″ mattress made up of 5 layers of hybrid pocketed coils and foam.
- 1.5″ Cooling Premium Foam Top Layer – This layer is 1.5″ of hole-punched responsive foam, designed to improve airflow through the mattress and provide the initial response to the sleeper as well as enough bounce and hug.
- 1.5″ Contouring Memory Foam Layer – This layer is 1.5″ of memory foam that is directly beneath the responsive top foam layer. This layer helps provide enhanced body contouring and pressure relief during sleep.
- 1″ Core Support Foam Layer – This layer is 1″ of transitional core support foam which works to provide transitional support between the memory foam layer above and the layer of pocketed coils beneath.
- 6″ Support Layer – This layer is 6″ of active response pocketed coils (1,000+) which provide extraordinary support to the body, reduce motion transfer and increase the overall durability and stability of the mattress. This pocketed coil system also comes with special Perimeter Edge Support which provides exceptional edge support for all body types.
- 1″ Core Support Foam Base Layer – This layer is 1″ of core support base foam which provides support for the layers above.
The Leesa Hybrid mattress has a beautiful seamless, white and grey cover which is not only soft and comfortable but also assists with airflow and breathability.
The cover has a similar 4 bar pattern like the Leesa Original but with more of a sheen to it which is visually appealing and also quite soft.
Firmness and Support
The Leesa Hybrid mattress comes in only one firmness option just like the DreamCloud Premier and scores 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest.
The combination of pocketed coil foundation and the top comfort layers provides excellent support to heavier sleepers without making them feel like they are sinking into the mattress. It provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support shoulders and hips and has the firmness necessary for back and stomach sleeping. Therefore, it is suitable for all sleeping positions.
The Leesa Hybrid mattress is quite comfortable with the expected degree of bounce needed to switch positions during the night and support body weight, and different foam layers in the top comfort layer that provide good body contour and hug.
The soft exterior cover combined with the multiple layers of foam does a good job at providing response and body contour without the feeling of being trapped in foam.
Just like the DreamCloud Premier, the Leesa Hybrid mattress does a good job at sleeping cool due to the combination of the innerspring pocketed coil construction with the multiple layers of cooling foams in the top comfort layer and breathable cover.
While using a variety of foams in the top construction often leads to heat buildup and retention, the Leesa Hybrid does a good job at minimizing this, especially because it features the hole-punched top foam layer that allows great airflow through the mattress and helps keep things cool and comfortable throughout the whole night.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The pocketed coil construction of the Leesa Hybrid does an excellent job at supporting heavier sleepers like Andrew (230lbs) and causes a minimal degree of sinkage.
Edge support is also very good with this mattress as edges do not compress when sitting or lying near them.
As for the motion transfer, it is a little bit higher than in most memory foam mattresses we have reviewed, but it is to be expected with the hybrid construction of this mattress which naturally provides more bounce than the full foam or latex mattresses due to the innerspring coils in its construction.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Leesa Hybrid gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the box. Its hybrid construction minimizes the degree of off-gassing typical for memory foam mattresses.
- 100 night Trial period
- 10-year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- American made
The Leesa Hybrid is reasonably priced, coming in at $1799 for a Queen. This is a good price given the quality materials and construction used in this mattress.
Click here to read the full Leesa Hybrid mattress review.
DreamCloud Premier vs. Leesa Hybrid Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the DreamCloud Premier vs. Leesa Hybrid mattress.
|DreamCloud Premier||Leesa Hybrid|
|Layers||1″ Eurotop Cradle Layer, 1" of Eurotop Support foam, 2.5″ of gentle, contouring memory foam, 8.5″ of Targeted-Support Coils, 1" ofn Low Motion Transfer Support foam||1.5″ of hole-punched responsive foam, 1.5″ contouring memory foam, 1″ of transitional core support foam, 6″ of active response pocketed coils, 1″ of core support base foam|
|Cover||Ultra soft Mongolian Cashmere||A beautiful seamless, white and grey cover which is assists with airflow and breathability|
|Firmness||6.5 out of 10||6.5 out of 10|
|Motion Transfer||Minimal||Higher than in most memory foam mattresses|
|Warranty||Everlong lifetime warranty||10 years|
|Trial Period||365 days||100 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping, $99 white glove delivery and installation option|
|Refunds & Returns||100% money back guarantee for Returns & Refunds||100% money back guarantee for Refunds & Returns|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose DreamCloud Premier mattress if you like:
- Sleeping on your back and stomach – The combination of pressure-relieving foam and supportive wrapped coils makes this mattress perfect for back and stomach sleepers.
- A luxury feel at a reasonable price – The use of plush memory foam, Cashmere, and other highest quality materials in the construction of the DreamCloud Premier gives it a luxurious feel at a price that is closer to that of a non-luxury hybrid mattress with a much smaller thickness and cheaper, artificial materials.
- Sharing your bed – The individually wrapped coils are excellent at isolating and controlling motion, which makes the DreamCloud Premier an ideal choice for couples with different sleeping habits.
- Mattress that sleeps cool – The DreamCloud Premier does a good job of sleeping cool due to the gel-infused foam top layer as well as the innerspring coil layer which by design provides good airflow and discourages heat retention.
Choose Leesa Hybrid mattress if you like:
- Mattress with good support – The combination of the innerspring coil system and different foam layers in the top comfort layer provides an excellent degree of support suitable for sleepers of different weights and all sleeping positions.
- Sleeping on your back or stomach – The Leesa Hybrid mattress is more on the firmer side with 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest) which makes it ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
- The feeling of hug offered by memory foam – The soft exterior cover of this mattress combined with the multiple layers of foam does a good job at providing your body with a necessary hug, response, and contour without the feeling of being trapped in foam.