Brentwood Home Oceano vs. Leesa Hybrid
Buying a mattress online has become a popular thing to do. It is easier and more convenient than driving to a retail store and shopping for one there. Shopping for your new mattress online opens hundreds of options for you and allows you to find the one that will best suit your needs.
Hybrid mattresses dominate the online market these days due to their ability to suit everybody’s preferences and weights, and in today’s review, we’ll be comparing the Oceano and Leesa Hybrid (Sapira), the two luxury hybrid models coming from the two well-known online mattress retailers: Brentwood Home and Leesa.
Both are perfect combinations of different foam layers and innerspring systems, and in this review we’ll point you to the benefits of hybrid mattresses and help you realize which one would be the right choice for you. Last updated
Brentwood Home Oceano
Construction and Materials
The Brentwood Home Oceano is a 14″ thick premium hybrid mattress combining latex, foam and micro coils. It Is composed of the following layers:
- 2″ Comfort Layer – This layer is 2″ of special gel memory foam designed to provide contouring support and motion isolation, ensure pressure relief, and reduce heat retaining.
- 2″ Support Layer – This layer provides responsive comfort and support for the body during sleep, and it is made up of 2″ of 1353 (in a queen) individual micro coils.
- 2″ Cooling Layer – This layer is 2″ of Airlux ventilated foam that allows the air to circulate freely through the mattress and creates a cooler and more comfortable sleeping environment.
- 8″ Support Layer – This layer is 8″ of Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils that provide support for the mattress and deep compression support for the body during sleep. The entire layer is zoned to provide support to those regions of the body that need it most, and reinforced coils around the edge provide appropriate edge support for the mattress.
As for the exterior, the Oceano mattress has a beautifully designed cover that is stretch-knit and made of highly breathable, soft and smooth, plant-based Tencel. This 4-way stretch cover is skin-friendly and hygienic.
It keeps your carbon footprint minimal and allows you to experience the full benefits of the memory foam comfort layer. The soft Eurotop with tailored tweed sides, custom handles, and button-tufted upholstery add to the luxurious feel and appearance of this mattress.
Firmness and Support
The Oceano scores 6 out of 10 for firmness, with 10 being the firmest. Heavier sleepers may press through the top comfort layers and feel a little on the softer side to them and more of the bouncier micro springs in the mattress.
In terms of support, this mattress provides excellent support. It provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support shoulders and hips while having enough firmness to support your back and stomach, which makes it suitable for all sleeping positions.
The micro coil construction and gel memory foam layers provide a pretty high degree of bounce and responsiveness with the Oceano, and 14″ thick design provides a good support to heavier sleepers.
The tufted soft Tencel cover of the Oceano makes a really comfortable sleeping surface, and the combination of the top comfort layer of gel memory foam and micro coil layer provides a very supple and comfortable top layer to the mattress.
The foam and micro coil spring design provides a high level of responsiveness and a degree of bounce to the mattress which is ideal for late night couple’s amorous activities.
This mattress does not retain heat due to its multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Air Luxe foam and Tencel top cover, so you won’t get the sticky sweaty feeling that some foam mattresses cause. The hybrid design of this mattress that allows the air to circulate freely through it will keep you cool and comfortable.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The Brentwood Home Oceano mattress does a great job with minimizing sinkage. However, due to its hybrid design, there is a decent amount of it, although this largely depends on the weight of the sleepers.
The Oceano also has a solid edge support due to its 8-inch Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils, so you won’t feel like you’re going to roll off the mattress.
There is a small amount of motion transfer with this mattress when sleeping and changing positions during the night due to the foam and micro coil construction of the Oceano.
The Brentwood Home Oceano gets high marks in this category for not releasing any noticeable smell upon opening the box which many foam mattresses tend to have due to their plastic packages. Its hybrid nature also contributes to minimizing the amount of off-gassing.
- 1-Year Sleep Trial
- 25 Year Warranty
- Handmade in Los Angeles at their own facility
- No questions asked return policy
- Free Shipping
The Oceano is the premium hybrid mattress in Brentwood Home’s mattress lineup coming in at $1495 for a Queen. This is quite a reasonable price given the quality of materials used in its construction.
Construction and Materials
The Leesa Hybrid mattress is a 11″ mattress made up of 5 layers of hybrid pocketed coils and foam.
- 1.5″ Cooling Premium Foam Top Layer – This layer is 1.5″ of hole-punched responsive foam, designed to improve airflow through the mattress and provide the initial response to the sleeper as well as enough bounce and hug.
- 1.5″ Contouring Memory Foam Layer – This layer is 1.5″ of memory foam that is directly beneath the responsive top foam layer. This layer helps provide enhanced body contouring and pressure relief during sleep.
- 1″ Core Support Foam Layer – This layer is 1″ of transitional core support foam which works to provide transitional support between the memory foam layer above and the layer of pocketed coils beneath.
- 6″ Support Layer – This layer is 6″ of active response pocketed coils (1,000+) which provide extraordinary support to the body, reduce motion transfer and increase the overall durability and stability of the mattress. This pocketed coil system also comes with special Perimeter Edge Support which provides exceptional edge support for all body types.
- 1″ Core Support Foam Base Layer – This layer is 1″ of core support base foam which provides support for the layers above.
The Leesa Hybrid mattress has a beautiful seamless, white and grey cover which is not only soft and comfortable but also assists with airflow and breathability.
The cover has a similar 4 bar pattern like the Leesa Original but with more of a sheen to it which is visually appealing and also quite soft.
Firmness and Support
The Leesa Hybrid mattress comes in only one firmness option and scores 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest.
The combination of pocketed coil foundation and the top comfort layers provides excellent support to heavier sleepers without making them feel like they are sinking into the mattress. It provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support shoulders and hips and has the firmness necessary for back and stomach sleeping. Therefore, it is suitable for all sleeping positions.
The Leesa Hybrid mattress is quite comfortable with the expected degree of bounce needed to switch positions during the night and support body weight, and different foam layers in the top comfort layer that provide good body contour and hug.
The soft exterior cover combined with the multiple layers of foam does a good job at providing response and body contour without the feeling of being trapped in foam.
Just like the Oceano, the Leesa Hybrid mattress does a good job at sleeping cool due to the combination of the innerspring pocketed coil construction with the multiple layers of cooling foams in the top comfort layer and breathable cover.
While using a variety of foams in the top construction often lends to heat buildup and retention, the Leesa Hybrid does a good job at minimizing this, especially because it features the hole-punched top foam layer that allows great airflow through the mattress and helps keep things cool and comfortable throughout the whole night.
Sinkage and Motion Transfer
The pocketed coil construction of the Leesa Hybrid does an excellent job at supporting heavier sleepers like Andrew (230lbs) and causes a minimal degree of sinkage.
Edge support is also very good with this mattress as edges do not compress when sitting or lying near them.
As for the motion transfer, it is a little bit higher than in most memory foam mattresses we have reviewed, but it is to be expected with the hybrid construction of this mattress which naturally provides more bounce than the full foam or latex mattresses due to the innerspring coils in its construction.
Smell / Off-Gassing
The Leesa Hybrid gets high marks in this category for not having a noticeable smell upon opening the box. Its hybrid construction minimizes the degree of off-gassing typical for memory foam mattresses.
- 100 night Trial period
- 10-year Warranty
- Free Shipping
- 100% money back guarantee for Returns / Refunds
- Save money on a Leesa Hybrid by clicking here
- American made
The Leesa Hybrid is reasonably priced, coming in at $1444 for a Queen. This is a good price given the quality materials and construction used in this mattress.
Brentwood Home Oceano vs. Leesa Hybrid Mattress Comparison
Below is our comprehensive side-by-side comparison of the Brentwood Home Oceano vs. Leesa Hybrid mattress.
|Brentwood Home Oceano||Leesa Hybrid|
|Layers||2″ of gel memory foam, 2″ of individual micro coils, 2″ of airlux ventilated foam, 8″ of Quantum Edge Combi-Zone individually wrapped coils||1.5″ of hole-punched responsive foam, 1.5″ contouring memory foam, 1″ of transitional core support foam, 6″ of active response pocketed coils, 1″ of core support base foam|
|Coil count||1353 in a Queen||1000+ in a Queen|
|Cover||Stretch-knit exterior cover made of soft plant-based Tencel||A beautiful seamless, white and grey cover which is assists with airflow and breathability|
|Firmness||6 out of 10||6.5 out of 10|
|Motion Transfer||Minimal||Higher than in most memory foam mattresses|
|Warranty||25 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||120 days||100 days|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping, $99 white glove delivery and installation option|
|Refunds & Returns||No questions asked return policy||100% money back guarantee for Refunds & Returns|
Which Mattress Is Right for You?
Choose Brentwood Home Oceano mattress if you like:
- Mattress with excellent support – The Brentwood Home Oceano provides enough give in the top comfort layer to support your shoulders and hips, while also having the firmness necessary for your back and stomach. This makes it ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Mattress with bounce – The micro coil construction and gel memory foam layers of this mattress provide a high degree of bounce and responsiveness.
- Cool sleeping mattress – The Brentwood Home Oceano sleeps quite cool due to the multiple layers of gel memory foam, micro coils, ventilated Air Luxe foam, and wool / Tencel top cover.
- Sharing your bed – The Oceano is a good choice if you plan on sharing your bed with a partner. The micro coil and foam construction of this mattress causes less motion transfer when sleeping and changing positions with your partner during the night.
Choose Leesa Hybrid mattress if you like:
- Mattress with a good support – The combination of the innerspring coil system and different foam layers in the top comfort layer provides an excellent degree of support suitable for sleepers of different weights and all sleeping positions.
- Sleeping on your back or stomach – The Leesa Hybrid mattress is more on the firmer side with 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the firmest) which makes it ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
- The feeling of hug offered by memory foam – The soft exterior cover of this mattress combined with the multiple layers of foam does a good job at providing your body with a necessary hug, response, and contour without the feeling of being trapped in foam.