Best Mattress For Heavy Sleepers
Best Mattress For Heavy Sleepers
Just when you thought shopping for a mattress is a no-brainer; it’s actually more difficult if you fall into the category of heavier people. If you are heavier than average, it is much more challenging to find the right model that will provide you with comfort and support you need and an excellent sleeping experience.
There is no one-size-fits-all type of bed. However, shopping for the right model for heavier individuals is easier and more convenient when you know what you should be looking for.
Research On The Best Mattresses For Heavier Sleepers
Out of all the myriad of products that can be searched online or even in brick-and-mortar stores, how can you choose the right one that will suit you if you happen to be heavier than average?
Not all models that you can find in stores or online are designed to support people who are overweight. This is precisely the reason why you need to research or consult your physician regarding the type that would be beneficial for your size and health. The challenge doubles when both partners are obese.
The obvious metrics when looking for mattresses suited for overweight individuals is one that is comfortable yet provides optimum support and is durable enough to last for long-term use.
When you are on the heavy side, you must look for these features to ensure that you’ll be getting quality materials and a mattress for your money. You can’t just buy the first “attractive” model you see as your build would require more than just what is aesthetically pleasing.
Putting your hard-earned money into purchasing the wrong product is a waste of time and investment. More so, this also puts your health at risk because choosing the wrong model can trigger debilitating back pain, insomnia or lack of sleep, and even further weight gain!
Choosing a Mattress as a Heavier Sleeper
- Type – This is a major deciding factor when looking for a mattress. Latex and memory foam options are best for people who are heavier than average.
- Memory foam mattresses are huge favorites because they have gentle and soft layers of foam yet provide the right firmness and support that conforms to your body’s shape and doesn’t resist the pressure of your weight.
- L atex mattresses provide a cooling effect when you sleep which is very relaxing especially if you sweat a lot due to excess body weight. Latex is made of a breathable material which is very comfortable and provides just the right amount of bounce.
- Hybrid and Innerspring mattresses are also a good choice for heavier sleepers as they support heavier weight and provide excellent support as well.
- Thickness – The higher the level of thickness, the better it is for a heavier sleeper. The right model should be thick enough to withstand the pressure and weight of a heavier sleeper without causing you to “bottom out”.
- Level Of Firmness – Medium to high level of firmness is appropriate for people who are heavier, so that the model supports your weight.
- Compression Support – If you happen to be heavier than average, you require a model that can sustain and support your weight or else you cause it to be compressed under your heavier weight, causing you to sink down and feel the hard base.
- Breathable – Heavier individuals usually generate more body heat than someone with a slimmer silhouette. Choosing a mattress with good airflow or ventilation is important to ensure you get a good nights sleep
Top 3 Picks On The Best Mattress For Heavier Sleepers
Thicker and heavier mattresses are not always pricier or cost more than lighter ones, especially with all the options available online today. What’s important is investing in the right product for your specific needs if you are heavier than average which is also investing in your health.
There are a lot of options on the market today, but shopping for the right model suited for heavier sleepers is easy if you know where to shop and what features to look for. It is best to buy models that are built for those who weigh heavier than average to be able to get what is best for your own personal needs.
1. Nectar Sleep
($699 for a Queen size, click here to save $125 on a Nectar with code MFT125 )
If you are looking for a nice comfortable yet supportive solution that can provide ample body support and help you sleep with its breathable material and light bounce – then the Nectar is an excellent choice if you are a heavier sleeper.
The combination of memory foam and gel memory foam provides heavier sleepers just the right amount of bounce, pressure relief, contour, and cooling – along with a great pillow top cover that includes Tencel which is often found in mattresses costing much more.
It also does a great job at distributing your weight evenly especially if you are overweight so that you won’t sink right into the bed. It’s also a bit responsive foam and breathable especially for obese individuals who usually tend to sleep hot.
The Nectar is also the most affordable out of the 3 picks we recommend today. You can get a Queen sized Nectar at as low as $725 (using the link above).
Get the full Nectar review here
2. Loom & Leaf
($1299 for a Queen size, click here for the lowest price available on a Loom & Leaf mattress)
If you want a thick bed for optimum support – the Loom & Leaf will surely fit your requirements. It provides adequate support to your head, neck, and back while also relieving pressure points.
The Loom & Leaf is a combination of a 6.5-inch comfort top layer of foam and a 5.5-inch basic support layer of foam. This luxury memory foam bed provides superior quality on par with other mattresses costing much more. It is priced slightly higher than its competitors but is definitely worth the price.
It is made of high-density and eco-friendly memory foam and gel foam that allows you to sleep cool and comfortable all throughout the night. This prevents that sticky and uncomfortable feeling at night and helps you sleep longer hours than usual.
The Loom & Leaf also provides the proper edge support. It has very sturdy edges that are optimal for heavier sleepers with the habit of sitting on the edge of the bed and provides two options, a medium (Relaxed Firm) and firm (Luxury Firm) options. The Loom and Leaf is one of the best mattresses for heavy people due to the reasons above, and one of our personal favorites!
Get the full Loom & Leaf review
($1899 for a Queen size, click here for the best price on a Zenhaven.)
The Zenhaven is a 100% latex model which offers excellent quality at a much lower price than comparable all latex mattresses. Made of zoned construction, it provides support for the heavier areas of your body especially if you are overweight.
It is made of all natural latex which is non-toxic, supportive, and highly recommended for those who are heavier than average. Moreover, the all natural latex construction is also the reason why the Zenhaven has minimal sinkage, even when you sleep on the softer Luxury Plush side. You get to sleep right “on” the mattress with zero sinking feel.
The all natural latex in its construction provides the right contour and is responsive but also prevents motion transfer to avoid disturbing your partner by any unnecessary movements when asleep.
Moreover, having two firmness options on each sides allow you to customize each side of the bed depending on your preferences. No matter if you fall into the category of side sleepers, or you prefer to sleep on your side, you can customize the Zenhaven according to your needs.
Get the full Zenhaven review