Best Mattress For Heavy Sleepers
Best Mattress For Heavy Sleepers
You may think that shopping a new mattress is not such a big deal. However, it can turn out to be really difficult to find the right one for your needs, especially if you are a heavier sleeper looking for a mattress capable of supporting your heavy weight with ease.
So, if you are heavier than average, it will be much more challenging to find the right model that will provide you with comfort and support you need and an excellent sleeping experience.
There is no one-size-fits-all type of bed. However, purchasing the right model for heavier people is easier and more convenient when you know what you should be looking for. Last updated
Research On The Best Mattresses For Heavier Sleepers
Out of all the myriad of products that can be found online or even in brick-and-mortar stores, how can you choose the right one that will suit you if you happen to be heavier than average?
Not all models that you can find in stores or online are designed to support people who are overweight. This is precisely the reason why you need to do research or consult your physician regarding the type of a mattress that would be beneficial for your size and health. The challenge doubles when both partners are obese.
The obvious metrics when looking for mattresses suited for overweight individuals is one that is comfortable yet provides optimum support and that is durable enough to last for long-term use.
When you are on the heavy side, you must look for these features to ensure that you’ll be getting a mattress built of highest quality materials for your money. You can’t just buy the first “good looking” model you see as your build would require more than just what is aesthetically pleasing.
Putting your hard-earned money into purchasing the wrong product is a waste of time and investment. More so, this also puts your health at risk because choosing the wrong model can trigger debilitating back pain, insomnia or lack of sleep, and even further weight gain!
Choosing a Mattress as a Heavier Sleeper
- Type – This is a major deciding factor when looking for a mattress. Latex and memory foam options are best for people who are heavier than average.
- Memory foam mattresses are huge favorites because they have gentle and soft layers of foam yet provide the right firmness and support that conforms to your body’s shape and doesn’t resist the pressure of your weight.
- Latex mattresses provide a cooling effect when you sleep which is very relaxing especially if you sweat a lot due to excess body weight. Latex is made of a breathable material which is very comfortable and provides just the right amount of bounce.
- Hybrid and Innerspring mattresses are also a good choice for heavier sleepers as they support heavier weight and provide excellent comfort as well.
- Thickness – The higher the level of thickness, the better the mattress is for a heavier sleeper. The right model should be thick enough to withstand the pressure and weight of a heavier sleeper without causing you to “bottom out”.
- Level Of Firmness – Medium to high level of firmness is appropriate for people who are heavier, so that you can avoid compressing the top comfort layer and resting on the harder and not so comfortable support and base layers beneath.
- Compression Support – If you happen to be heavier than average, you need a model that can support your weight and prevent you from compressing the mattress and sinking all the way down through it to the very foundation of your bed.
- Breathable – Heavier individuals usually sleep hot, so choosing a mattress with good airflow or ventilation is important to ensure you get a good night’s sleep.
Top 3 Picks On The Best Mattress For Heavier Sleepers
Thicker and heavier mattresses are not always pricier or cost more than lighter ones, especially with all the options available online today. What’s important is investing in the right product for your specific needs if you are heavier than average which is also investing in your health.
There are a lot of options on the market today, but shopping for the right model suited for heavier sleepers is easier if you know where to shop and what features to look for. It is best to buy models that are built specially for those who are heavier than average so that you can get what is best for your personal needs.
1. Nectar Sleep
($699 for a Queen size, click here for the new lower priced Nectar! )
If you are a heavier sleeper and you are looking for a nice and comfortable yet supportive solution that can provide ample body support and help you sleep better with its breathable material and light bounce, then the Nectar is an excellent choice for you.
The combination of memory foam and gel memory foam provides just the right amount of bounce, pressure relief, contour, and cooling that heavier sleepers need, along with a great pillow top cover that includes Tencel which is often found in mattresses costing much more.
It also does a great job at distributing your weight evenly especially if you are overweight so that you won’t sink too much into the bed. It’s also a bit responsive and breathable which especially appeals to obese individuals who usually tend to sleep hot.
($999 for a Queen. Get the Novosbed mattress.)
The Novosbed mattress is an 11″ mattress made up of 3 layers of dense foam. It is offered in 3 firmness options and the one we reviewed is the Medium firmness model which scores 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest.
The cover of the Novosbed mattress is made of polyester, silica, modacrylic, and Tencel, and has a very nice soft textured pattern that gives the mattress a great feel through the covers.
It also has a zippered top which does not only give you the possibility to remove it for cleaning but which also enables you to add the Comfort + top kit that can provide you with a perfect amount of comfort and support necessary for heavier sleepers.
Comfort + top kit serves as an additional layer that can either increase or decrease the firmness level of the mattress. This means that our Medium firm model which is a 7 out of 10 can be adjusted to be slightly firmer simply by adding the firm Comfort + top kit.
This layer combined with the foam layers beneath does a great job at providing both comfort necessary for side sleeping and enough firmness if you switch to your back or stomach. It is ideal for all sleeping positions and for the sleepers of different weights, especially heavier ones.
It lifts your body weight and distributes it evenly across the bed without causing you to sink too much into the mattress and feeling enveloped by foam.
Although it initially may feel a bit too firm and not as cushioned, after sleeping on it for an extended amount of time, your body will adapt to the mattress and mold perfectly to the memory foam without causing you to feel trapped in foam.
The Novosbed is reasonably priced coming in at $999 for a Queen. It is a good price given the quality materials and construction used in this mattress.
Get the full Novosbed mattress review.
3. Puffy Lux
($1795 for a Queen size. Click Click here for to get $300 off the Puffy Lux mattress!)
The Puffy Lux mattress is a new upgraded 12.5″ version of the original Puffy mattress and is designed to appeal to heavier sleepers and couples as well.
It is a universal comfort model which means that it is designed to appeal to a wide range of sleepers with different needs and sleep preferences.
The dense foam layers used in its construction give you a true memory foam sensation and provide you with the right balance of comfort and support during sleep and they won’t cause you to push all the way down through it and come to rest on the harder support layers.
The mattress will distribute your body weight evenly both when lying or sitting up in the bed and work perfectly for all sleeping positions and all types of sleepers especially heavier sleepers.
It comes in at $1795 for a Queen, but you you can get it for $1495 with our coupon.